Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 04:20 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,663,195 times

Advertisements

I realize this is about Greenville but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Easley SC ?

The good and the not so good ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 06:04 PM

84 posts, read 202,317 times
Hey, what would you like to know? We live in Easley (anderson county side) more near powdersville. We have stores, pennys, belk, staples, kmart, walmart. I know anderson 1 schools are asked for alot. Their scores are good compared to other districts. It is a great in between spot since in 15 or so minutes I can be in gville or anderson for the mall etc. We do have a hospital, drs. offices etc. Hope this helps you.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:10 PM

306 posts, read 686,629 times
We also live in Easley. We really like the Anderson 1/Powdersville schools. We also have Home Depot, Lowes, Publix and all of the major fast foods. Easley puts on a lot of little festivals and downtown “Old Easley” is quite nice. It is no Greenville, but it is nice just the same. We really like living here and after looking at other surrounding towns still think we made the best choice.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:18 PM

511 posts, read 1,516,904 times
I live in Easlely also, I like the convenience to everything. 15-20 minutes to shopping on the other side of town if you like. Not as much traffic as Greenville. Like the previous post said, we have a outdoor market on Sat., music on main on the weekend and spring & fall festivals. It has a small main st., but the main rd. (Hwy. 123) has most of the shopping & restaurants. Mostly chain restaurants, but like I said not far to Woodruff Rd. or Anderson. Last but not least 30 -35 minutes to Lake Keowee. Probably 25-30 min. to Lake Hartwell.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:33 PM

It is really nice here. The main street also does Trick-or-Treating on Halloween for the kids and lots of other little festivals thoughout the year. They do free movies in the summer, plus it has been home to the Big League Baseball World Series for about 10 years now. I can't think of anything really bad about living in Easley....Maybe the traffic on 123 right now, but that is only because they are making some major changes to the road. There are some very nice neighborhoods and lots of new growth. They are in the process of building a new shopping center on 123 as well as one on 153. Try this link.

http://www.easleyevents.com/Home.html

Old 05-13-2010, 06:10 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,649,682 times
I agree with all the positive things said about Easley above. Easley is a nice small town to live in.

Drawbacks - if you are like me and enjoy some of the higher end retailers, like Barnes and Noble, Best Buy, Panera Bread, Target, you will find yourself riding to Greenville a lot. It's not that far, but if you are doing it virtually every other night, it can be a bit of a drag. People who live in Easley either don't value being that close to those businesses, or have learned to like driving.

The rush hour traffic from Easley to Greenville can get to be bad at times. The "30 minute" drive can easily become 50 minutes with a traffic tie-up.

Anyway, Easley IS one of the better small towns with a little bit more "country" and "native" population than say Mauldin or Simpsonville. And if you like that (like I do), that can be a good thing. If you don't, then it's a bad thing. (for you)

Old 05-13-2010, 07:16 AM

50 minutes???????? Maybe if you drive like my mother...35 mph in the right lane with your blinker on the entire ride. It only takes 1 hour to get up to Gaffney from here.
Easley is not as populated as Simpsonville, that’s why it’s more “country” (which I love) but it is just as diverse.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:25 AM

207 posts, read 553,854 times
Those are good things to hear about Easley. I'm planning on visiting the area on our next trip down to Greenville.
My husband's job is located on the south end of Greenville, do you think he would run into much traffic coming from Easley?
I'm really torn about where to settle...I love the downtown of Greenville and love having everything within walking distance. But with 3 small children I'm wondering if somewhere like Easley would be a better fit?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:30 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,750,164 times
When I first moved here, I worked in Mauldin. It took me about 20-25 minutes to get there from north main Greenville. One of my coworkers lived in Easley (just north of Easley actually), about twice as far as I did in distance, and it took her twice as long as me to get there. So, the traffic going through Easley seems to be comparable to that of Greenville. It's not a big deal to me, having lived in DC previously, the traffic here is fine - except for Woodruff road on the weekends.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:38 AM

207 posts, read 553,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
When I first moved here, I worked in Mauldin. It took me about 20-25 minutes to get there from north main Greenville. One of my coworkers lived in Easley (just north of Easley actually), about twice as far as I did in distance, and it took her twice as long as me to get there. So, the traffic going through Easley seems to be comparable to that of Greenville. It's not a big deal to me, having lived in DC previously, the traffic here is fine - except for Woodruff road on the weekends.
so are you saying would take 40-50 min. to get to Greenville from Easley?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area