Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,409 times

Advertisements

hello to all of you out there i would really like to know how you can all stay so calm paintence when you have lost your father in a car crash that you have never met before while your mother was pregnant with you all.

my name is ashton i would like to know if there is any help avaliable out there in the world to anyone who has lost there father in a car crash and your self too.

i am only 20 years old and living with my mother, my mother has told me so much about him but now i really want to start a charity from me to him and to everyone who this has been affected to in the own life to join in this cause, just how will i get this started and running up can anyone please tell me how it just might work please thankyou for your time for reading this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 11:20 AM

10,021 posts, read 17,928,258 times
I lost my father when I was not quite 2 years old so have no conscious memory of him at all. I had two different stepfathers when I was growing up, both of whom were good, decent men, but not having known my biological dad made me romanticize him, especially when I was a teenager -- as in, "Oh, my life would have been so much better if I had grown up with him." The reality is that it likely would not have been much different, certainly not "much better."

I don't mean to minimize what you're going through, but there is no way to change the fact that you never knew your biological father. At some point you have to just accept that and move on. Counseling may help with that.

As for "starting a charity" -- no advice on that, and the cynical part of me is wondering exactly what you're looking for there?

Old 06-06-2012, 12:16 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,266,669 times
I agree with what Karen above is saying. In addition maybe instead of starting a charity you might better find an already established cause that relates to something that was important to your father or to the way he died---get involved with that group in your father's name. For example, if the car crash was alcohol related then a "teens against drunk driving" kind of group would be a good fit for you. If he was a runner, then find a charity sponsored by runners and to donate some time to them. If your father loved animals, donate some time to shelter in his name. Etc., etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning