U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2012, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Midland
3 posts, read 5,085 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

thanks everyone i know is telling me the same thing you all said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2012, 09:39 AM
 
Location: WA
604 posts, read 527,784 times
Reputation: 2050
Have you ever experienced something so wonderful i.e. a journey, a fine meal, something you just didn't want to part, m like climbing a mountain with a wonderful view, like being on a retreat and knew you had to come
back to the real world, the every day things to do ?

Bless I was to have a wonderful 42+ years with my beloved; now that journey is part of my life, he will ALWAYS live
in my heart. A new leg of my journey has begun as reluntant as I am to slowly begin this part of my life, God will's is
to be done. "I CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me." NKJV-New King James Version
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2012, 04:18 PM
 
3,968 posts, read 4,398,700 times
Reputation: 3637
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
You were so young, pl! I hope you had children to help keep you having a purpose in life. I'm glad to hear you found another love.
With all due respect, one can have a purpose in life without children. My oldest cousin's wife died when he was 32 and they were only married for 5 years. He is still "grieving" but he is a college professor now. They had no children did they want any but this doesn't mean he has no purpose. He has said he hasn't lost the will to live. It's just an unfortunate event however, he doesn't want to re-marry or be in a relationship period. What has done with his rings? He has them put away in a small box. I saw them one time and that was 5 years ago. He said he hasn't looked at them since he brought them out for me to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2012, 05:03 PM
 
26,163 posts, read 14,457,966 times
Reputation: 17235
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv
I'm still wearing my wedding rings too. It's been almost 6 months in 8 days.
Ahhhhh i am sorry

God bless you all for wanting to keep wearing your rings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
 
Location: SWFL
21,432 posts, read 18,144,759 times
Reputation: 18814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
With all due respect, one can have a purpose in life without children. My oldest cousin's wife died when he was 32 and they were only married for 5 years. He is still "grieving" but he is a college professor now. They had no children did they want any but this doesn't mean he has no purpose. He has said he hasn't lost the will to live. It's just an unfortunate event however, he doesn't want to re-marry or be in a relationship period. What has done with his rings? He has them put away in a small box. I saw them one time and that was 5 years ago. He said he hasn't looked at them since he brought them out for me to see.
Respect taken, Yellow. I know I wasn't meaning to DIS-respect those who had no children. I was aiming my comment directly to pl, not anyone else. I would not have quoted her and made a reply to it if I had been talking to the general audience here. I think most knew what I was meaning. I do understand your point though. My husband and I were childless also and that hasn't stopped my "purpose" either. I do have grandchildren but they and their mother are 1500+ miles away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ahhhhh i am sorry

God bless you all for wanting to keep wearing your rings
It is now 8 months this Friday! How has the time flown? I actually thought the time would creep by everyday now without hubby being in my physical life! I guess that's because God took the excruciating pain out of my heart when I asked. Praise HIM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 12:54 AM
 
Location: 900 miles from my home in 80814
4,669 posts, read 6,739,165 times
Reputation: 7078
I marked the days since he died on my calendars starting at day one. The first 100 days went by so fast because I was so busy with settling the estate, but I thought it would take forever to get to 1000 days. It was 1000 days on July 25th, and I was shocked at how quickly it went by. Somedays I still feel like he'll just walk in the door, and on other days, I'm amazed at all I've accomplished toward independence in 1000 days. Quite the roller coaster trip this has been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Philaburbia
31,165 posts, read 57,288,199 times
Reputation: 52030
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
It is now 8 months this Friday! How has the time flown? I actually thought the time would creep by everyday now without hubby being in my physical life!
Same here. It's been 9 months, although it sure doesn't seem like it, and I realized just yesterday that I've stopped dreading going home after work. I was half grateful that I'm not bursting into tears when I pull into the driveway, and half horrified that I've been able to ease up on that intense emptiness in what seems like such a short time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 04:04 PM
 
Location: SWFL
21,432 posts, read 18,144,759 times
Reputation: 18814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Same here. It's been 9 months, although it sure doesn't seem like it, and I realized just yesterday that I've stopped dreading going home after work. I was half grateful that I'm not bursting into tears when I pull into the driveway, and half horrified that I've been able to ease up on that intense emptiness in what seems like such a short time.
I hear you, Ohio. I'm kind of embarassed when I answer the question "How are you doing?" and I answer "Great!" and have a big smile on my face. That's how I feel though. I almost feel like I'm being disrespectful to hubby but on the other hand, I know he'd be happy for me. He was so worried about what would happen to me me after he died. I told him not to, I was a survivor. He and God know what I've been through, so I shouldn't care what others think about how I feel now. As long as I'm wearing my wedding ring that he gave to me in our solemn vow, I am married to him, dead or alive.

I was sitting out in the yard the other day just looking around at all the stuff he had done and I was overwhelmed by saddness and started to cry for him (me), so it's there but under control now. I miss him so much but can't stop living my life either. I can even think about him without crying sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2012, 02:38 PM
 
4,380 posts, read 3,428,147 times
Reputation: 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Patrick Swayze widow, Lisa, took off her wedding ring, and she is now dating.

Good for Lisa.

At the end of Oct will be four months into widowhood for me and my grieving is very strong. It seems like only yesterday.

I am a fan of Patrick Swayze, still miss him.
I switched my ring to my right hand at 13 months and took it off around 2 years. I had it restyled earlier this year (after 4 years) to something I can wear without it breaking my heart. I briefly dated someone at 26 months, but just now at almost 5 years feel I could have a relationship. I'm only 38 and don't relish the idea of being alone for the next 40 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2012, 10:51 PM
 
Location: SWFL
21,432 posts, read 18,144,759 times
Reputation: 18814
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I switched my ring to my right hand at 13 months and took it off around 2 years. I had it restyled earlier this year (after 4 years) to something I can wear without it breaking my heart. I briefly dated someone at 26 months, but just now at almost 5 years feel I could have a relationship. I'm only 38 and don't relish the idea of being alone for the next 40 years.
Oh so young, NW! 38 and widowed almost 5 years? How terrible. (((HUGS))) My condolences to you. Yes, you are much too young to be alone. I hope you find another love to comfort you.

My rings wouldn't fit on my right hand, it's larger than my "non-useable" left, so that wouldn't work for me. I have so many rings that I'd like to start wearing but then I feel guilty about that. My heart is still married but my mind wants to take the rings off sometimes. Listen to me.....the one who said I would NEVER take my wedding rings off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top