Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 AM

4,166 posts, read 6,295,430 times

Advertisements

Making the move showed me that I was in denial about quite a few things...When nearly everything was packed and "gone" I realized that I'd been living in a "morgue."...I had started to come into my own a little more. BUT I was chained to the past too. Now I'm suddenly thrust into the world on my own and it's a "shocker" and I'm disoriented and even "lost" at times...But I honestly think that I needed some type of "wake-up call" and "fresh start" in order to be able to go "on." Even though I seemed "okay" and functioned "good enough" everyday I might have gone on to join my husband and sons before too long. (Not suicide...Some type of natural death eventually.)...Even now I feel "wispy." And only "half here." But in time I think I may do better because I made the move.. And (of course) I'm physically and emotionally drained from moving everything right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 09:40 AM

Lately I've written about "well-meaning friends" who came on "too strong" with me at times.. Other friends looked and seemed concerned (about me) but didn't say much...Even my cats seemed concerned about me. And worried in their own way...I felt "okay." I functioned! But I guess everyone was waiting (and hoping) to see a little more "life" in me. ..The "old me" didn't show-up very often. I've always been an "idea person" with tons of creative projects waiting in the "wings." Not someone who just "exists" to get through each day. (With absolutely no goals or dreams for the future.)...My "well-meaning friends" helped me get out of my "rut" by having the guts and courage to actually "confront me." (And be "pests!") They may have even saved my life. Who knows?

Old 07-17-2013, 03:09 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,538,794 times
My dad was a widower and had severe issues even replacing a table from the 70's. He wasnt ready to move on, but he did admit it (emotionally). The dr said it was a form of grieving, some will never let go.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:56 AM

3,500 posts, read 6,147,707 times
jasper12, at the risk of being repetitious, let me quote your own post to someone in the Relationships forum...
Quote:
Make a decision. Don't wait around for a man to decide if he wants you or not. Forget that.
See any parallels?

Old 07-18-2013, 09:10 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,252,442 times
Nope. No problems there. I just have not been very vocal about it. It is a difficult subject to tackle, as you all know. He does not realize the issues. I have been rather quiet.

We won't break up over this. Or anything else, it is just part of blending as a couple.

Some of this is growing up with depression era parents, and maybe also part is hoarding, not wanting to part with anything.

We have had quite a purge in the last few months. It has been a lot of changes.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,121,908 times
Pure denial. Ended.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:19 AM

3,500 posts, read 6,147,707 times
Hmm, I notice that jasper hasn't been back to this thread in 4 days but has been actively posting elsewhere. I suspect we touched a nerve on that one.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:00 PM

32,817 posts, read 36,092,012 times
Maybe she's taking time to digest before the next course (of action). She did say as much. Sometimes we just have to put things aside for a while.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:36 AM

If we bring up an issue (or situation we're facing) we're going to receive varied responses...Everyone has his or her own thoughts and "take" on our situation. Don't you think?...I notice that some friends can get into the "protective mode" based on what I say. (Or "report.")...Anyway, back to the topic: I think we all have different "tolerance levels" when it comes to former spouses and their "stuff." Don't you?...Personally I don't want to consider dating until I'm a little more "free and clear." (In all ways!)

Old 07-24-2013, 12:26 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,121,908 times
That old bf I posted about called me and asked to come see me. I said "no". I did what I had wanted to do, apologize and that's it. He's been through a dead wife, a dead gf who died in his arms and has a current gf WHY would I want to have you come to my house????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning