U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 04:28 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,246,638 times

Advertisements

WHen my mother was dying I asked her to please give me a sign from the other side and she said she would. So far, nothing has happened. I know that if there was any way possible for her to give me a sign she would have, so either there is nothing after you die, or you can't get across to give people signs. I don't know which.

I am not afraid to die because there is no way to avoid it. I guess whatever happens, happens. I would like to think that we come back, law of Karma and all that, but I don't know if I believe it 100 percent.

There are too many questions and too few answers. Guess I'll just wait and see.

I worked for a guy who had a very similar experience as the OPs husband. He said his spirit was sitting in a tree watching and that the EMTs looked at the driver of the car and said "this boy isn't going to make it", (actually he did, but he was covered with blood and his injuries looked much worse than they actually were). on the other hand the guy I know looked fine but was very badly injured. They had to "bring him back". He said he saw everything. He's not the sort of guy to lie so I don't know what to think.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 11:44 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,374,520 times
did you ask her beforehand to give you a specific sign and that hasn't happened?
If you meant something along the lines of a general sign then those can be very subtle and one must have their senses alert and keen or you might miss it.
It can be something as subtle as a song on the radio that would remind you of her,a smell,a flower,butterfly,a penny............any number of things you might be missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
WHen my mother was dying I asked her to please give me a sign from the other side and she said she would. So far, nothing has happened. I know that if there was any way possible for her to give me a sign she would have, so either there is nothing after you die, or you can't get across to give people signs. I don't know which.

I am not afraid to die because there is no way to avoid it. I guess whatever happens, happens. I would like to think that we come back, law of Karma and all that, but I don't know if I believe it 100 percent.

I worked for a guy who had a very similar experience as the OPs husband. He said his spirit was sitting in a tree watching and that the EMTs looked at the driver of the car and said "this boy isn't going to make it", (actually he did, but he was covered with blood and his injuries looked much worse than they actually were). on the other hand the guy I know looked fine but was very badly injured. They had to "bring him back". He said he saw everything. He's not the sort of guy to lie so I don't know what to think.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-23-2012, 08:37 PM

9,457 posts, read 16,416,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
did you ask her beforehand to give you a specific sign and that hasn't happened?
If you meant something along the lines of a general sign then those can be very subtle and one must have their senses alert and keen or you might miss it.
It can be something as subtle as a song on the radio that would remind you of her,a smell,a flower,butterfly,a penny............any number of things you might be missing.
Or the imprint of her face on a child newborn into the family, if just for a few days.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:42 AM

262 posts, read 414,790 times
I never asked, but still feel to this day 10 years later that I received a sign from my maternal grandmother. Was grieving outdoors and thought how nice it would be to have her here for comfort. A heart shaped leaf fell from the tree right on the table in front of me. I'm so convinced that I still have that leaf in my jewelry box to keep it safe. I may be wrong, but my heart is convinced and it made me feel better. It's what keeps us going sometimes, so why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 AM

354 posts, read 729,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
There have been many scientific studies conducted that explain (or at least partially explain) the pathology behind out of body experiences.
I don't buy the whole scientific explanation for these things. Everyone says how vivid they are and how clear everything is.

I was with a person whose brain wasn't getting enough oxygen and was slowly dying and she was completely out of it and confused. The exact opposite of a near death experiance. I mean if all your organs started shutting down why would you suddenly become real aware and sharp. Especially if you had already blacked out and was in no position to help yourself anymore. NDE CAN NOT BE EXPLAINED BY BIOLOGY. Its just too much of a stretch.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:33 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,619,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
scientific my aunt nelly---once you have had a nde---you can feel empathy for the non believers---those that have gone before us are exsisting happily on another plane
.....and you know this...how?
what extraordinary evidence do you have to support your extraordinary claim?

Old 08-29-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

hmmm.....how about this for a sign: at the next family gathering, where there are 50 or so not-so-drunk adults sitting around talking, poof...show up in the middle of the room, and say: HEYYYY! I JUST DROPPED BY TO SAY THERE'S AN AFTER LIFE. OK, I GOTTA GET BACK TO MY GAME OF POLO UP IN THE CLOUDS...CIAO....

Now, THAT, would be a sign. a lamp falling is just gravity.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:20 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,886,524 times
I have no interest in an afterlife and hope that the end is the end. Eternity does not appeal to me in any form. That said, I had a bizarre experience 14 years ago. I went for a psychic reading (also not something I believe in but a couple of friends were going and I went along for the ride). Anyway, I was the first to get a reading. I told the woman absolutely nothing about myself. My stepmother had died the week before. The first thing the psychic said to me was, "your father is worried that his wife is alone, she is not, she is with Francis Catherine". I have never heard the name before and didn't respond. A couple of weeks later I asked my dad if he ever heard of Francis Catherine. He gave me the strangest look and said, that was Karen's (my stepmother) childhood cousin. He said they were very close but Francis was killed in an accident when she was 10 or 11, why? I mentioned that I heard someone at the funeral say her name (my dad would not appreciate a psychic reading), and left it at that. She told me some other things that turned out to be true about people I knew. I still don't believe in psychics but I have never forgotten that. And if someone else was telling me this story, I wouldn't believe it. But it did happen.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I have no interest in an afterlife and hope that the end is the end. Eternity does not appeal to me in any form. That said, I had a bizarre experience 14 years ago. I went for a psychic reading (also not something I believe in but a couple of friends were going and I went along for the ride). Anyway, I was the first to get a reading. I told the woman absolutely nothing about myself. My stepmother had died the week before. The first thing the psychic said to me was, "your father is worried that his wife is alone, she is not, she is with Francis Catherine". I have never heard the name before and didn't respond. A couple of weeks later I asked my dad if he ever heard of Francis Catherine. He gave me the strangest look and said, that was Karen's (my stepmother) childhood cousin. He said they were very close but Francis was killed in an accident when she was 10 or 11, why? I mentioned that I heard someone at the funeral say her name (my dad would not appreciate a psychic reading), and left it at that. She told me some other things that turned out to be true about people I knew. I still don't believe in psychics but I have never forgotten that. And if someone else was telling me this story, I wouldn't believe it. But it did happen.
that's insane!
although i don't believe in an afterlife, god or any gods, and psychics for sure, i would freak mod editout if the above happened to me! lol
it would be a total head scratcher for me.......
BUT, as i always say, there's almost always a good scientific explaination with almost all events......
in this case, could your two friends have somehow known about francis? could someone have mentioned something at the funeral to them and then somehow they mentioned it to the psychic (not sure why they would even bring it up, aside from wanting to mess with you, as the person who doesn't believe in stuff like that....)
could the psychic have known you or the stepmother?
i don't know.....i can't think of any other possibilities right now.....
like i said, that's a real headscratcher....lol

Last edited by Sam I Am; 08-29-2012 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: unnecessary

Old 08-29-2012, 12:28 PM

3,803 posts, read 4,806,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
.....and you know this...how?
what extraordinary evidence do you have to support your extraordinary claim?
easily--been there!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning