U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 PM

9,457 posts, read 16,388,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Thank you for letting me know about the people you know who have had NDEs too, stepka. My first hhusband drew a blank on his NDE too.

Please ask your friend if she is no longer afraid to die? After having his, my hubby had no fear of dying anymore. The only thing that worried him and made him not want to go again was me. Worry about me after his death. Frustration that we didn't have more years together and he didn't get to complete the work he was doing on either house.

Did her attitude towards others change? My hubby came back a "softer" man. He held no animosity towards others when he came back.

I would have liked to have talked with hubby more about his experience but he didn't like to talk about it.
I know that none of them were afraid to die after that--even the one who had no experience at all. They all three had their experiences before I met them but I know that the mandala friend became much more spiritual and she is well loved by many people, though I think she was before as well. The other friend who had an experience was also well loved and very spiritual, but the friend who had nothing was a bitter old woman and though I loved her and know others who did too, she would never believe that any of us cared and would actively push us away even as she reached out at the same time. She was abandoned on a Chicago street corner at three and I'm sure that colored her experiences in life and her one marriage was awful and she had few friends. Still, she had a loving heart and did nice things for people and I'm sad that she couldn't feel us caring for her or let us do nice things for her.

I would think that your husband'd feelings were certainly mixed--he knew he was in for a joyous time but regretful that he couldn't take you at the same time that he knew you had to fulfill your time here. What a mixed blessing and I think you are grieving in the best way possible. I am posting a link to a beautiful song that I hope will help you. Don't listen when you're getting ready to go somewhere! I just love this song and I pray I will meet someone that I will feel that way about someday b/c so far I never have so I envy what you have and have had though I know you are sad.
Your Long Journey-Alison Kraus&Robert Plant - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 PM

42 posts, read 39,353 times
I had a dream I was sitting in church...as an old lady. A church I knew in another life. My thoughts brought people to me...I thought of a grand daughter and she appeared at the front of the chruch...She was laughing because I was confused as to what this was...She said you bring us to you with your thoughts..if you think of enough people filling this room they will be there..She said she had to run because someone had thought up something that she wanted to be a part of. Then she said dont think of me to often we weren't really close in that life. You thought of me being in this life.
Have to run now..

Old 09-07-2012, 05:57 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,922,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlajordan2012 View Post
I had a dream I was sitting in church...as an old lady. A church I knew in another life. My thoughts brought people to me...I thought of a grand daughter and she appeared at the front of the chruch...She was laughing because I was confused as to what this was...She said you bring us to you with your thoughts..if you think of enough people filling this room they will be there..She said she had to run because someone had thought up something that she wanted to be a part of. Then she said dont think of me to often we weren't really close in that life. You thought of me being in this life.
Have to run now..
So, a REALLY popular person would have no time to themselves, just being pulled here and there by the thoughts of others? Must be more to it?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlajordan2012 View Post
Have to run now..
This is a really cool story about your dream and I'm confused as to whether the granddaughter in your dream is your GD in real life, a grandchild that passed on, or one that was your GD only in your dream? I've had dreams of "the other side" as well and they are the best.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:49 AM

645 posts, read 1,066,861 times
I will neither confirm nor deny that people have out of body experiences, all is bliss, and they're guided into the light. If somebody died or was near death, and that's what they experienced, who am I to say that they did or didn't. I simply don't know.

I have died twice. Once I bled to death, which is very painful as every tiny vein and capillary in my body ached very badly. It was worse than broken arms, which I've done twice. On the other occasion, I came to the realization at age 32, that my life was going to be vastly different from what I had been used to up until that time. By this I mean, attractive, well built, and intelligent wife, children, and a high paying union factory job where I'd been for ten years and all that goes along with that sort of thing came to an end for me in my early 30s, so I simply drank myself to death, purposely.

On both occasions, I died. What I remember about both events was that they were identical. The pain subsided, and I felt nothing but bitter cold. I'm in a northern climate, and I am into the outdoors and bushcraft, so when I say I was cold, it was a cold that I've never experienced in my life. It was bone chilling paralyzing cold. The odd thing about this feeling of icy cold is that it wasn't painful. The other thing I remember was how dark it was and the feeling of loneliness that gripped me. The only peaceful thing I remember about it all was that I said to myself, "You're going to die, just accept it, and pass on." Once I thought this, I sort of felt at ease that my painful life was going to end. Then, on both occasions, the hospital staff did something to me that shot me back to life, I regained conciseness, and I was in excruciating pain and remorse because I wanted to die at that point in my life.

To recap, this is what I experienced:

Bitter bone numbing cold
no felt pain
Pitch blackness
Feeling of loneliness

Remember, your experiences can differ from mine.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:35 AM

262 posts, read 414,187 times
bolillo_loco, did you feel any sorrow about your body? Or did you feel sorrow about leaving? How long did the blackness and loneliness last?

Old 09-13-2012, 11:06 AM

645 posts, read 1,066,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldPlay View Post
bolillo_loco, did you feel any sorrow about your body? Or did you feel sorrow about leaving? How long did the blackness and loneliness last?
I'm not sure what you mean by, "Feel any sorry about your body?" My experiences happened in August 1995 and October 1997, so while memorable, it was a considerable time ago. In 1995, I knew I was losing everything in my life that was dear to me, and that I'd probably never be able to regain my former lifestyle, but I'd not yet lived for a few years with my lower station in society, so I was sort of ambivalent about the matter. In 1997, I absolutely felt no sorrow about dying because I'd struggled in life for two years, and being smacked in the face every minute daily due to every facet being completely unacceptable really traumatized me and completely demoralized every thread of my being. The only sorrow I felt about dying was after the fact that I'd lived. Since that time, I've not had the gumption to take active steps to end my life. While many people parrot that it's the coward's way, I feel that it takes a lot of nerve to end ones life.

The cold, blackness, and loneliness lasted for about five to ten minutes time in my head, but how long it actually lasted is a mystery to me because I was unconscious. The five to ten minutes I've stated seemed an eternity considering what I was experiencing.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:36 PM

bolillo loco: I read somewhere of a suicide NDE and it sounds similar to what you experienced except that I don't remember reading anything about the cold. As you said though, everyone is different. Anyway, that sounds like a hell-ish experience and I'm glad you're still here. You have a reason to be here; trite as it sounds, it's true.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:48 PM

14,506 posts, read 23,165,319 times
Not sure if it qualifies as a NDE.

In late 90's I was assaulted and didnt regain consciousness until in the trauma room at ER.

My Mom passed when I was 19 and I remember seeing her, in a sort of tunnel of light. It didnt seem to be time to go there yet. I still have my faith, bcs of my Mom. Its hard if you lose it though.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:22 AM

25 posts, read 26,393 times
I read a lot of the posts concerning the after death experiences and nde, and there are so many conflicting thoughts and beliefs. I hope we all can agree on one thing; if someone's "belief", not "fact", gives them comfort, isn't that a good thing? I have migraines, and if a doctor gave me a placebo and the pain went away, does it really matter if it was a valid drug or a sugar pill? The results were still positive. I personally believe in the afterlife, and I have had plenty of confirmation through experiences for that to be a firm belief of mine. It gives me extreme comfort to know that I will "live on" after my death and I will be reunited with my loved ones again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning