U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-18-2013, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn,NY
1,961 posts, read 4,157,306 times
Reputation: 1174

Advertisements

11 months today =(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2013, 05:01 AM
 
Location: The Great State of Arkansas
5,981 posts, read 15,895,915 times
Reputation: 7531
Tony, you are almost at the one year anniversary - do you feel stronger than when you posted here 7 months ago? (I can't believe it's been that long, seems like yesterday). I know the one year mark must be weighing heavily on you. Please know you have support here as you work your way through your pain. Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2013, 06:54 AM
 
43 posts, read 64,651 times
Reputation: 31
Tony, I am sorry about your loss. You said he was way too young...how old was he?

Also your posts made me realise how much 1 must appreciate your loved ones and friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2013, 07:08 AM
 
Location: In the realm of possiblities
2,710 posts, read 2,163,813 times
Reputation: 3231
Tony, I lost my Dad in '08, so I know the pain. It helps me to think of the good times I had with my Dad, and not focus on the sorrow. Our thoughts are with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2013, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn,NY
1,961 posts, read 4,157,306 times
Reputation: 1174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Tony, you are almost at the one year anniversary - do you feel stronger than when you posted here 7 months ago? (I can't believe it's been that long, seems like yesterday). I know the one year mark must be weighing heavily on you. Please know you have support here as you work your way through your pain. Peace.
Thanks. April 18th will be 1 year. He died on my cousin's birthday. It's hard to get over the fact that he is gone. I do feel stronger. I am the man of the house now and I am taking good care of my mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperC View Post
Tony, I am sorry about your loss. You said he was way too young...how old was he?
52 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
Tony, I lost my Dad in '08, so I know the pain. It helps me to think of the good times I had with my Dad, and not focus on the sorrow. Our thoughts are with you.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top