Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:57 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times

Advertisements

GPC...I think he WAS communicating with you.....and he was a lucky man to have you there with him....you stood by him till the end...no man could ask for anything more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 AM
GPC GPC started this thread

1,308 posts, read 3,413,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I am sure the hand squeezing was your dad letting you know he could hear you. My condolences.
Thank you.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:43 AM
GPC GPC started this thread

1,308 posts, read 3,413,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
GPC,

My deep condolences and prayers. Thank you for sharing, may my sharing strengthen about your Father's commmunication.

Briefly, Thursday evening, I was able to spend the night with DH in the nursing home; I spoke to him that morning,
a neighbor came that afternoon and he was now in a coma. Friday night, I got THE call. A neighbor took me to
see him. The neighbor asked how long-a couple of days.

Now. We entered DH room, she kissed him on the cheek, she didn't say anything to him nor he to her. Leaned
down to kiss him, I said "I Love You" and he replied "I Love You." Those were our last words to each other. The
Lord took him home to Heaven about 8 hours later.

(Note: DH died 6 months after being diagnosed with esophagus cancer, age 65. Usually we would read before
turning out the light, sometimes it would be 30 minutes later after he went to sleep, we always told each other
I Love You, even after he had been asleep!)

GPC, how wonderful your dear son was with you and his Grandfather; a dear son and Grandson.
Thank you for sharing your experience. It's so important to tell our loved ones how we feel, even if it's just on the phone. I'm so glad I got to be with my father and it was even better that my son was with me. Teenagers can get a bad rap much of the time but I really have to give a tremendous amount of credit to my 16 year old. He was so loving and caring with his grandfather; he showed a maturity way beyond his years. I'll never forget what he did for me and my father for as long as I live.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:38 PM

7 posts, read 3,733 times
Unhappy Just lost my husband to cancer

Hope someone can hear me out there..My husband did the same thing on 6/27/18.Lung cancer He squeezed my had so tight it hurt but I didn’t care..He was strong in that way getting his point across..Did it twice and I asked him and he did ..Then I ask give me kiss he pucker his lips and kiss me I ask 3 time and he did..And then he went to squeezing my hand..He died that night..Did he say goodbye to me..I’m so heartbroken..The love of my life is gone..

Old 07-01-2018, 08:44 PM

7 posts, read 3,733 times
Default Lost husband few days ago

Can any one hear me out ther..My husband did the say thing and kiss me 3times then died later on that night.Squeezed my had hard and tight..What does this mean..I’m searching for answers..My heart is breaking..my husband passed on 6/27/18..fews days ago ..

Old 07-01-2018, 10:06 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Sockie,
I am sorry for your loss. IMHO, yes, by squeezing your hand and kissing you he was saying "Good bye" and also was giving you strength for the future. He was showing you how much he loved you.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:52 AM

23,597 posts, read 70,412,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockie View Post
Can any one hear me out ther..My husband did the say thing and kiss me 3times then died later on that night.Squeezed my had hard and tight..What does this mean..I’m searching for answers..My heart is breaking..my husband passed on 6/27/18..fews days ago ..
What it meant is only something you can determine. It is possible that he was feeling the intense need for your presence and connection, or that he wanted to make sure you didn't leave. My sense is that you may be finding other tiny bits of evidence of your connection over the coming days and weeks. A love connection doesn't "die" even as the separation is horrible and wrenching.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:34 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
I think our loved ones, when in the process of dying, communicate however they can. My husband gave me a look that I will never forget. It was shortly before he died and he could no longer talk. The love in his eyes was really indescribable. His eyes were filled not only with love, but I think with gratitude and with longing to not be separated from me. It was the most intense look I have ever experienced. I hope that as I gazed back, I expressed the same back to him. After a few minutes, I dropped my head into his lap and he stroked my hair one last time. My son (26 years) came over, and my husband likewise communicated with him. For those minutes we three were suspended in time, in love and loss. A few hours later, the brain tumors marched through his brain, taking any ability to express away, and death followed. Those few minutes communicated a lifetime of love. I imagine many people express those feeling in any way they can.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:42 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
(((Hugs))), GG.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:03 PM

727 posts, read 151,950 times
Im so sorry for your loss Sockie and welcome to city-data (Yes we hear you)

GPC I hope your doing well now ..... Its always hard to lose a loved one for all of us!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning