Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 12:34 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times

Advertisements

I will not allow my body to be cremated because to do so would be to follow a pagan practice. Neither will my body be embalmed, as this is also pagan in nature. I'm a Christian and my body is to be buried within 24 hours of my death.

Nor will a funeral company be even paid one cent! There are legal ways to be able to bypass that industry entirely. This is true for every state of the union, though the particular regulations vary from state to state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 01:58 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
I will not allow my body to be cremated because to do so would be to follow a pagan practice. Neither will my body be embalmed, as this is also pagan in nature. I'm a Christian and my body is to be buried within 24 hours of my death.

Nor will a funeral company be even paid one cent! There are legal ways to be able to bypass that industry entirely. This is true for every state of the union, though the particular regulations vary from state to state.
Very true. I think I posted abut that when Earl first died. My Board of Health friend told me all the ways to do things myself if I wanted to. Glad I didn't bury him in the backyard, which I could have, I lost the house after he died. Could you imagine if the new owners dug???? New owners will have plenty of animal bones if they dig up the yard. If the babies of the past haven't turned to dust by now. Last one was only 4 years ago.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:59 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,210 times
I am all for cremation

Old 07-30-2013, 02:51 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
I have only a couple of yrs to live (will be 82 in one week).

My parents and older daughter were cremated and buried in the Pacific.

Why waste good land that no family will ever visit (happens in many cases).

As a Vet am entitled a burial in a Military cemetery which are getting filled rapidly and are soon to run out of space.

Have decided that after a Military Funeral service best form of action would be a Cremation and my ashes added to those of my parents and oldest daughter in the Pacific.

I am currently retired in Baja Mexico in my home overlooking the Pacific Ocean and can visit them every day w/o having to visit a cemetery.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:11 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times
Quote:
Exactly what is "pagan" about embalming? It's been done since long before Christ. Long before the pagans. And it's been done ever since by MOST Christians. Actually, the opposite is true....pagans DIDN'T embalm.

Quote:

Lol.....you do realize that "industry" wouldn't exist if the public didn't want it to? Before the turn of the century there were no funeral homes. The public saw the need for them.

Modern embalming didn't exist until the Civil War. Funeral homes came along much later and most people were still buried out of their own homes until the 1920s.

If you're going to attempt to have yourself buried without a trained professional, be prepared to face the legal consequences of not following the health and vital records laws in your state.

I'm not trying to talk you into anything, but facts matter and someone's fed you some whoppers.

I could go into why the public values viewing their dead, but I won't unless asked.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 07-30-2013, 03:15 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times
We've buried people in their own yards before. Normally it turns out to be a bad decision and then we had to go to court to disinter them and move them to a cemetery.

You must disclose such things to a potential buyer of that property and then no one wants to buy it until the body has been moved.

Disinterments are expensive.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 07-30-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
We've buried people in their own yards before. Normally it turns out to be a bad decision and then we had to go to court to disinter them and move them to a cemetery.

You must disclose such things to a potential buyer of that property and then no one wants to buy it until the body has been moved.

Disinterments are expensive.

Posted with TapaTalk
Whew. Good thing Earl was a Vet and they paid for his cremation! That would have been a fine pickle!

Okay, I'll ask, why do modern people value viewing their dead? Modern people or just people?

I'm totally interested in talking with someone who knows the truth and not just us wondering or having untruthful beliefs.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Exactly what is "pagan" about embalming? It's been done since long before Christ. Long before the pagans. And it's been done ever since by MOST Christians. Actually, the opposite is true....pagans DIDN'T embalm.
Actually, the ancient Egyptian system of religion was and is pagan. The Egyptians were the ones who developed the ideas of embalming. Early Christians did not have the practice of embalming, because of spiritual reasons and because it is a pagan practice.

Quote:
If you're going to attempt to have yourself buried without a trained professional, be prepared to face the legal consequences of not following the health and vital records laws in your state.
Are you possibly a mortician? Or a lobbyist for the funeral industry?

As I said earlier, I have the entirely LEGAL framework already in place for my burial which will not involve the funeral industry.These plans adhere to state and federal law. Anyone interested in more information could send a DM to me...

Quote:
I'm not trying to talk you into anything, but facts matter and someone's fed you some whoppers.
Facts and laws DO matter, and the agency who helped me has been doing this for over 25 years. It's in a No-Whopper Zone...

My body will be laid to rest in a private, licensed cemetery.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Actually, the ancient Egyptian system of religion was and is pagan. The Egyptians were the ones who developed the ideas of embalming. Early Christians did not have the practice of embalming, because of spiritual reasons and because it is a pagan practice.

Are you possibly a mortician? Or a lobbyist for the funeral industry?

As I said earlier, I have the entirely LEGAL framework already in place for my burial which will not involve the funeral industry.These plans adhere to state and federal law. Anyone interested in more information could send a DM to me...

Facts and laws DO matter, and the agency who helped me has been doing this for over 25 years. It's in a No-Whopper Zone...

My body will be laid to rest in a private, licensed cemetery.

I already asked and Bludy confirmed, if you had read the posts.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I already asked and Bludy confirmed, if you had read the posts.
I'd read all the posts, but somehow missed that part will now go back and read..

ETA: Oops, somehow I missed that part of Bludy's comment. That certainly explains the strong pro-funeral directors position.
And it's true that persons in the business take great variance with anyone who chooses to bypass their business. That's understandable.

Last edited by Macrina; 07-30-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning