U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 06:02 PM

1,627 posts, read 2,637,003 times

Advertisements

OMG, Tami, I am so so sorry to hear about your loss. How simply sad. Know you are loved here. HUGS TO YOU!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 04:38 PM

4,896 posts, read 5,864,783 times
Another good thread even though a sad subject. Everyone grieves in their own way and will recover in their own good time....hopefully. It is good to have someone to talk to along the way on this horrible journey we have to make....I admire all of you who step in to lend support to those who need it.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 PM

15,824 posts, read 18,440,406 times
CArizona...Thinking about you during the Holidays. Hope you have found the friendships made on this forum are helpful. So many caring, kind folks on City Data. I also hope that some of the thoughtful suggestions have been and will continue to be helpful. Thank you for sharing your story with others, you may never know how many folks you touch. Holiday Greetings and New Year wishes to you. Jan

Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 AM

4,166 posts, read 5,174,193 times
JanND...Thanks for your caring post. Happy holidays to you too.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:07 AM

My cat Silky passed away yesterday...I cried and cried and cried...Silky slipped into a coma and died peacefully. I'm glad he didn't suffer and suffer.. We're not suppose to have "favorites" when it comes to kids or pets. But Silky stepped "up front" from the moment he was born and showered me and my husband with lots of special attention...He made himself the "family protector" and acted like a loyal and faithful dog who wanted to spend all of his time right by our side..I really believe that Silky postponed dying so he wouldn't "bail-out" during the holidays. But he reached the end of the road and he just had to leave now...He didn't have the strength and stamina to keep on "going" any longer...I kept telling him that he would go right from my arms into my husband's arms and my son's arms when he "passed-over." And his Mom and brother and sister and my son's cat would be waiting to see him and hug him and greet him too...My family here on earth keeps getting smaller and smaller. I have 2 cats left. (Silky's brother "Little T" and my son's cat "Gracie.")...I'm going to let myself off the hook today and just go with my feelings. If I need to "hide-out" and cry all day long I will.. But I do have peace that Silky is in "good hands" with all of our loved ones on the other "side." Thanks for listening!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 AM

363 posts, read 405,210 times
Oh CA, I am so, so sorry. I know how it feels to love and have lost a beloved pet. Your precious kitty will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge along with all those that have gone before, including my precious Rudy.

Please accept my sincere condolences.

tngirl

Old 01-16-2013, 07:51 AM

21,431 posts, read 18,144,759 times
Oh, CA, I too am so so sorry. I know all too well the pain of losing a beloved pet also. You just take your time and get it all out. We are here for you.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 AM

CA, I am speechless, I just know you have been through so much loss in a short amount of time. I know it is important to do what makes you feel comfortable and taking time to care for youself at the same time. I send to you my condolences and know we are all here for you. Your friend forever and ever. Hugs.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 AM

CA, I am so sorry for you loss, our pets are just like family, and the loss is very deep. As the other women say, "we are here for you".

Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 AM

Thanks to everyone for caring. It means a lot...I feel more sane now. At first I went through a pretty "bad storm." (I cried and cried and felt like my heart was breaking into zillions of pieces and could never be repaired.)...I got it all out of my system. (For now anyway.) And I feel a whole lot better today...I'm definitely entering a new chapter of my life and I can't turn back the clock and act like everything is the "same." (When it's not.)...Anyway thanks for caring. I'm doing better now.. The "horrendous storm" has passed and I "survived." To be honest I worried about how I would react if and when Silky died...Would it be too much for me? Could I handle so many losses? Would I literally "lose my mind" and "crack-up?"...But I made it through the "worst" of the "storm" and I think I will be okay..I know I still have tears left to cry and feelings left to "feel" when it comes to losing everyone..But I don't think I'm going to "drown" in any of the "storms." And this gives me hope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning