Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:50 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times

Advertisements

I wonder how many of us married people have the talk , the talk about if one or the other dies without warning , I know my husband and I had the talk , I always said that if something happened to me then I wanted him to remarry and be happy and he never liked to talk about it and I wish he had said at least something about it . I did remarry only it was 9 yrs after his death that I remarried ... I was 32 when he passed and was 41 when I remarried . My now husband and I have had the talk and I have told him I want him to remarry and be happy . I can understand not wanting to remarry someone else at like 70 or 80 but in your twentys and thirtys it is definately something that should be thought about ...I can understand also not wanting to spend 40 -50 yrs alone .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 01:54 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
I just saw in another forum that Kirstie Ally wrote a "tell all" book that includes having an affain with Patrick and that he begged Kirstie to let them both leave their spouses and get married.

Can you imagine the pain that must be causing Lisa? She and Kirstie are supposed to be such good friends and to see this in a book? "With friends like that...". I don't care if Lisa's taken off her rings or not, that still has to drive a knife into her heart. SMH.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:48 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
so sad

Old 11-10-2012, 04:53 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,412,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I just saw in another forum that Kirstie Ally wrote a "tell all" book that includes having an affain with Patrick and that he begged Kirstie to let them both leave their spouses and get married.

Can you imagine the pain that must be causing Lisa? She and Kirstie are supposed to be such good friends and to see this in a book? "With friends like that...". I don't care if Lisa's taken off her rings or not, that still has to drive a knife into her heart. SMH.
That was incredibly disrespectful of Kirstie. Even if it's true, some things are better left unsaid. I'd be furious and hurt if I were Lisa.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:04 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
She said she didn't have an affair with Patrick Swayze or John Travolta. She claims they fell in love on the set of "North and South" in 1985, but that Swayze rejected her advances because they were both married at the time. She also says that she and Travolta fell in love on the set of "Look Who's Talking" and that he was the love of her life. She says she didn't run off with Travolta, even though he supposedly begged her, because she was married. Since Patrick's not here to give his side of the story, I'm going to think that Kirstie is an attention seeker, and that she gets more book sales with sensationalism.

I do agree that she was terribly insensitive and disrespectful of Patrick's memory. What was the point in telling this story other than to sell her book? Hopefully, Lisa sees it for what it is...literary sensationalism worthy of nothing better than the tabloids, and brushes it off with a laugh.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:28 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Ya just never know which gossip is correct or not. I stand by what I heard on the tv although I am just reporting it. Sounds like with what Marcy said, what I heard was a combo of the two stories. Whatever....tacky, tacky, tacky.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:13 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,412,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Ya just never know which gossip is correct or not. I stand by what I heard on the tv although I am just reporting it. Sounds like with what Marcy said, what I heard was a combo of the two stories. Whatever....tacky, tacky, tacky.
I agree - no matter what the details are it's just plain tacky and disrespectful.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:39 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
kirstie was so doped up on drugs for so long she probably doesn't remember correctly much of anything from her youth. don't like her at all.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:40 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
She said she didn't have an affair with Patrick Swayze or John Travolta. She claims they fell in love on the set of "North and South" in 1985, but that Swayze rejected her advances because they were both married at the time.

IMHO that is even more hurtful for Lisa. An affair may imply only in it for sex but to say she and Patrick S. fell in love is so hurtful and much more serious. To give one's heart and love to another is much different than sex. Such information was better left buried along with Patrick. Shame on Kristie. And for all anyone else knows it could be a lie or could have been one sided. Maybe she fell in love with him but it wasn't reciprocated.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:51 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
I don't like Kirstie much, either. As I said before, I think she's just saying these things to sell her book. It's sensationalism. She's making the rounds of every talk show and naturally, the hosts want to hear more. Her story's changed about both men a few times as she's made her way around the talk show circuit.

I think it's awful of her to bring this up. What's the point? Why even put it in her book? It's gossipy trash that sells books, that's why. Travolta's still alive, is a fellow Scientologist, and can issue a statement if he chooses, but Swayze's gone and no good comes out of having his widow hear these allegations. If Kirstie truly loved Patrick and he loved her as she claims, I would think she would respect his memory, respect his widow, and keep her mouth shut. Once he died, that information should have died with him. But, she obviously had no respect for him, and put in her book anyway, so of course the talk show hosts are going to jump on it. It's interesting we don't ever hear anything about or from her ex-husbands or her kids.

I'm a huge fan of DWTS, and both times I couldn't stand her and Maks. She looks like she's looped on something everytime I see her. I do give her props, though, for dancing as well as she does. I'm a year younger than she is, and I couldn't do the dance steps she does!! I hope she gets eliminated soon, though, I can't stand her attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning