U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2013, 07:13 PM

31,512 posts, read 18,484,196 times

Advertisements

Thank you.

I always enjoyed reading your posts. All your posts have shown Gentle Strength.

Please take care.

Lily
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 07:48 PM

4,166 posts, read 5,181,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Thank you.

I always enjoyed reading your posts. All your posts have shown Gentle Strength.

Please take care.

Lily
Thanks! I keep trying...The start of the holiday season "hit me" a lot "harder" than I expected this year...I know I have to go through the "face reality" stage. And it's "hit me" like a ton of bricks!...I am literally the last person left in my family. (Except for a cousin in a far-off state who started writing to me after my dad died.).. Thank goodness for my cousin! She deserves a medal for "befriending me" and wanting to be family with me!...Anyway, thanks (again) for the kind words! Please keep posting...I "drew comfort" from your earlier post and all you've learned during your grief process. Thanks!

Last edited by CArizona; 11-10-2013 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: oops!

Old 11-11-2013, 01:20 AM

4,674 posts, read 6,749,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Marcy...Great that you treated yourself to crab legs on your birthday last year, and try to spoil yourself a little more often now. What will you do "for yourself" on your birthday this year?...Normally, I buy store brand cheese. But, I got an urge to treat myself to some rich, high-end smoked Gouda cheese. YUM!...My friend and her husband get all excited when I bring them "goodies." They're cute and start "munchin' away." (Right away.) Like kids would do!...And their excitement and pleasure is contagious! ...My "guys" used to be this way too! (Even my dad!)
I haven't thought about my birthday this year. Last year my son was still living here (if I recall, he had Taco Bell , this year he's in his apartment. I'm guessing he'll want to come over to share dinner with me, but I don't know. Since he's been out of the house, I don't make dinners for two like I did, and I've been able to eat a lot of the things he wouldn't, so I'm not really craving anything. Well, I'm craving Bob's fabulous crab-stuffed shrimp, but, sadly, that won't happen. I'll have to think of something to do to treat myself....

Old 04-17-2014, 11:39 PM

4,166 posts, read 5,181,354 times
I hope everyone has a happy Easter. Or at least, an "okay" Easter...I had a crying-spell this week but I'm a little more upbeat now...Do you have any plans for the weekend? I'm going to spend Easter with local friends.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:18 PM

726 posts, read 489,282 times
Quote:
I hope everyone has a happy Easter. Or at least, an "okay" Easter...I had a crying-spell this week but I'm a little more upbeat now...Do you have any plans for the weekend? I'm going to spend Easter with local friends.
I plan to spend Easter weekend, tonight thru Sunday, with my grandson, who is the son of my deceased son. I am so happy to have him in my life. As I grieve every day for my son, I also thank the Lord & my son for giving us my grandson.

When his mother & new husband moved to Seattle, I moved as well. So did his mother's parents who I've known since the mom was 14 yrs old. Additionally, I've been getting to know my two cousins all over again. They moved here in 1966 when they were young. So even though life is different now, at least I have my grandson & family nearby.

Happy Easter to all. I try to remember that God has a plan. We are not always privvy to that plan, but if we trust in Him, it will be revealed to us at some time. I know my son is safe with God & watching over us. God Bless you all.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:28 PM

27,331 posts, read 15,077,511 times
Not looking forward to it. I'm in a town far away from family; my son is 8 hours away in Chicago and my father just died.

I never have liked holidays here much and now both my Dad and son are gone.

A friend did invite me over for Sunday so I'll try to plaster a smile on my face.

Best to everyone.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:07 AM

8,440 posts, read 10,728,369 times
Smile Holidays or Special Days That are Hard

Quote:
Happy Easter CA!

Thanks for your notes. I hope you got something back from me this week as a message.

Wow, what a difference one year can make. It's okay to have days when you cry. Easter has profound meaning to many who have lost loved ones.

Think of where you were a year ago. You've helped support many people, including me. Perhaps you've given too much of yourself and not received all you needed in return.

I hope you do something nice for yourself today. There is a lot of natural beauty in the world along with some kind people. I hope you find peace and what your soul needs today

Sending a huge hug over the miles.....

MSR

Old 04-20-2014, 10:13 AM

Default Good for You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I haven't thought about my birthday this year. Last year my son was still living here (if I recall, he had Taco Bell , this year he's in his apartment. I'm guessing he'll want to come over to share dinner with me, but I don't know. Since he's been out of the house, I don't make dinners for two like I did, and I've been able to eat a lot of the things he wouldn't, so I'm not really craving anything. Well, I'm craving Bob's fabulous crab-stuffed shrimp, but, sadly, that won't happen. I'll have to think of something to do to treat myself....
Marcy,

I like your style. Um, Bob's shrimp sound great! Perhaps your son will someday want to make them for you Happy Easter!

MSR

Old 04-20-2014, 10:36 AM

Smile So Sorry to Hear about Your Father :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Not looking forward to it. I'm in a town far away from family; my son is 8 hours away in Chicago and my father just died.

I never have liked holidays here much and now both my Dad and son are gone.

A friend did invite me over for Sunday so I'll try to plaster a smile on my face.

Best to everyone.
Ringo1,

I'm sorry you lost your father. Holidays sure can be harder when we've recently lost someone close to us.

Those who invited you over today most likely know of your father's passing. From what you wrote, it doesn't sound like they expect you to have a smile plastered on your face. They just sound like people who care about others. Be yourself today, whatever that means to you.

I think you'll feel better just being with others and perhaps telling a bit more about how you REALLY are vs. pretending to be something you aren't right now.

I hope you can share some good mmemories and enjoy something about today.

Happy Easter

MSR

Old 04-20-2014, 10:40 AM

Default Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to all of my friends here. I hope today brings something you need to your life

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning