U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 03:38 PM

8,440 posts, read 10,714,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Tamiz, Marcy and CArizona. I've read several of your posts over the years, and I want you to know what an inspiration you are to me. I have not lost a husband or child, but have lost parents and other close friends and family. It gives me comfort knowing that you all have found your way and are living your lives. I wish each of you and everyone on this forum a peaceful holiday season. You are not alone.

*Hugs*
Trobesmom,

I too have read many posts by Tami, Marcy and CA. They were the three posters here who helped me the most.

It's good to read CA is having fun again

It's awesome to have Tami finding Christmas spirit again! Either choice sounds good to me .

It's delightful to me that Marcy went to her daughter's this year

I'm progressing too. Have had a lot of spinal procedures done the last six months. I think we're going to make progress on me. It will just take longer than what I hoped. Myelogram in June showed lots more wrong than was initially thought.

I've had more people in my life the last six months. Unfortunately, one of those who came by on Sunday, infected me with a bad bronchitis. I guess that's par for course for me Today I'm spending alone as this is too nasty of a bug to share. But I'm fine with that. Just want this URI over so I can continue progressing.

Today is Christmas and it is also Crick's birthday. Those who know me will understand where my thinking about this fits in. I keep wondering if I got this URI now so I didn't attempt to call Crick's family. Just because I've progressed there is no guarantee they have. The last thing I need. Is to have that mother scream at me the way she did when Crick died. So maybe the URI forced me into what I should or shouldn't do with that family. I can't remember the last time I had a URI this severe.

Anyway, time and other people do help us to heal. I'm proud of all of us for continuing our personal paths of healing. Those we've lost will always be a part of our lives. Somehow time helps us repackage how much we miss them and who and what is in our lives now.

I hope everyone continues their pathway of healing.

Trobesmom, it will happen for you gradually. Don't demand too much of yourself. Realize some days are harder than others and some are easier. What matters is to keep trying.

Sending "hugs" across the miles along with my thanks for helping me get to where I am today, and my happiness with how each of you have progressed, to all of you.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and looking forward to a happier New Year.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 07:57 PM

4,166 posts, read 5,174,193 times
Hi MSR.. Good to hear from you. I missed you. I know Christmas will always be a rough day for you...Hope you feel lots better soon. Thanks for the kind words. I'm proud of you too...Please don't be a stranger. We need to hear from you and hear how you're doing when you have free time to post. Really have missed you!

Old 12-26-2014, 10:49 AM

21,431 posts, read 18,144,759 times
MSR! Hi! So glad to hear from you! Sorry to hear you have an URI. Personally, I'm glad you didn't get to call Crick's family. You don't need that aggravation nor hurt in your life. Crick is at peace and so you don't need any of that family's "junk" in your life anymore.

Very glad to hear you are doing okay. Not so much hearing there is more than thought. You are a trouper though. If anyone can make it through, you can.

Same as CA, I have missed hearing from you. Thank you for your kind thoughts. I have my moments but can count them on one hand now vs 365 days a year! Now if I could only find a job.

Continued progress with your health. Stay in touch! We who "know" you, miss you.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:04 AM

Happy New Year! I hope 2015 is a better year for all of us.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Happy New Year! I hope 2015 is a better year for all of us.
Thank you, CA. Right back to you. Hoping 2015 is better too.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:07 PM

Easter is right around the corner. Do you have any plans? Holidays can be rough without our loved ones...I'm going to spend Easter with friends. And, I really want to have a good time. (Even though I know I'll miss my husband and sons.)

Old 03-31-2015, 09:44 AM

Nope. No plans here. It is just another day. I accept it, no big deal anymore.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:50 PM

971 posts, read 1,133,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Nope. No plans here. It is just another day. I accept it, no big deal anymore.
It is the same for me, just spending time with my C-D buddies.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:21 PM

51,669 posts, read 12,647,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Nope. No plans here. It is just another day.
Same here.

Last edited by Lucky Lady123; 03-31-2015 at 04:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning