U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 PM

4,669 posts, read 6,737,637 times

Advertisements

It was really hard selling the home Bob and I lived in for 35 years...that our kids were born and grew up in...and move down here where I knew no one and had only been a few time in the year and a half before Bob died. Our retirement condo. It was also hard going from a house with land, in the mountains, with to die for views, to a condo in the city. Very big culture shock. Bt, like tngirl says, change can be good. There were still lots of Bob's things here, but not the "ghosts" that were in the other house in Colorado. I needed to be where there weren't so many memories, but still some sweet memories...I hope your move will become something really wonderful for you! An adventure with new memories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 10:20 AM

21,431 posts, read 18,139,040 times
GO PATS!!!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:38 PM

Coming back from the dump I said "wth", I haven't had a drink since New Year's Eve and at 6:30 is the AFC Conference Championship game so I stopped at the packie and bought a bottle of wine for myself. Having a porkchop, mashed pot. and peas and corn.

Did I tell you guys that I bught one of those new "Greensomething" fry pans they sell on tv? They were for sale in my CVS last week. Damn, that pan fries so good! With half the flame I usually use and half the time it usually takes! Last week I cooked the perfect steak. I cooked a p'chop last week too and it came out so juicey and tender. I normally sear then boil my chops in a covered pan with onions. Makes the chops fall apart and good gravy. With cooking for one I decided to give up on the gravy and just fry the chop. I hadn't done it yet because the only chops I've ever had that was totally fried was when my daughter cooked. They were tough and dry. So I bought this new pan and gave it a try. Now I can have chops anytime I like! Yay!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:15 PM

363 posts, read 405,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Coming back from the dump I said "wth", I haven't had a drink since New Year's Eve and at 6:30 is the AFC Conference Championship game so I stopped at the packie and bought a bottle of wine for myself. Having a porkchop, mashed pot. and peas and corn.

Did I tell you guys that I bught one of those new "Greensomething" fry pans they sell on tv? They were for sale in my CVS last week. Damn, that pan fries so good! With half the flame I usually use and half the time it usually takes! Last week I cooked the perfect steak. I cooked a p'chop last week too and it came out so juicey and tender. I normally sear then boil my chops in a covered pan with onions. Makes the chops fall apart and good gravy. With cooking for one I decided to give up on the gravy and just fry the chop. I hadn't done it yet because the only chops I've ever had that was totally fried was when my daughter cooked. They were tough and dry. So I bought this new pan and gave it a try. Now I can have chops anytime I like! Yay!
Yes, I love me a good bottle of wine too!!

I had never heard of the green frying pan, I'll have to check it out....learn something new every day!
You could still add some onions even to one chop....thanks for the tip!

I'm watching your Pats.....watched the 49er/Falcons game, that was a good one. I will be sad when football is over

Old 01-20-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl205 View Post
Yes, I love me a good bottle of wine too!!

I had never heard of the green frying pan, I'll have to check it out....learn something new every day!
You could still add some onions even to one chop....thanks for the tip!

I'm watching your Pats.....watched the 49er/Falcons game, that was a good one. I will be sad when football is over

OH "the agony of defeat". It looked like we just gave up at the 2nd half! Yep, I get sad when there is no moe football either. I like the game.

I did have a fried onion, tn. The pan is made of ceramic and cooks like crazy. "As seen on tv" dot com should show you that pan. "Orgreenic" may be the name?

Old 01-21-2013, 01:00 AM

4,669 posts, read 6,737,637 times
I couldn't believe the Pats let the Ravens run over them in the 2nd Qtr just like the Broncos let the Ravens run over them. You'd a thunk the Pats would have learned something from the Broncos/Ravens game. Nope. I guess the Ravens earned the Super Bowl spot. Sad, too that there's no more football. Pro Bowl from Hawaii next week, then the Super Bowl.

The first year we went to the Pro Bowl, The Back Street Boys and NSync were the half time shows. Our boys were 10 and 15 at the time and were sure they died and went to Heaven. The next time was someone named Cheyenne Kimball or something.

We were on the side facing them.

BACKSTREET BOYS PRO BOWL HALFTIME SHOW.mp4 - YouTube

Last edited by Marcy1210; 01-21-2013 at 01:10 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 AM

The closest Earl and I ever got to the Pro Bowl was making bag tags for it at our old job. Earl made the "jigsaw" pieces and I put it together. "Jigsaw" is the only way I can describe the work we used to do so people can understand how bag tags are made.

We made the first bag tags for the first Russian golf course too.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:04 PM

971 posts, read 1,133,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
The closest Earl and I ever got to the Pro Bowl was making bag tags for it at our old job. Earl made the "jigsaw" pieces and I put it together. "Jigsaw" is the only way I can describe the work we used to do so people can understand how bag tags are made.

We made the first bag tags for the first Russian golf course too.
And never got to see either, bummer!

(((HUGGS)))

Old 01-22-2013, 11:28 PM

1,627 posts, read 2,636,462 times
Wow, I haven't eaten a pork chop for years but sounds yummy. Enjoy reading your conversations.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Wow, I haven't eaten a pork chop for years but sounds yummy. Enjoy reading your conversations.
Why, smilin'? Are you a vegan? Or do you follow Sabbatical Laws?

Time for me to head to bed. I had to shovel today and my shoulders are just killing me! Straight across through my neck. Every year, the frst and second times are the roughest.

You and Bluff have a good night. Sweet dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning