Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 08:16 PM

971 posts, read 1,452,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hi ya, Bluff! Lucky you for avoiding the snow. It's been snowing most of the day here and tomorrow we are supposed to get another 8" of the stuff. Another night of having to stay up to shovel until I can't a nymore. Guess we won't have a dry spring this year. This is payback for the nice winter we had last year.

I pay $120 a month for my Direct TV, internet and landline. 40 bucks a month for each of them isn't too bad IMO.

smilin' sorry the date didn't end too well but that's typical. Men are men, that's why I'm not intrerested. I just loved reading your last post though. You sound wonderful and happy. Good for you! It's been a pleasure to see your metamorphasis. Best of luck my dear!

tn, back to not being able to stand the job, eh? Sorry to hear that, hon. Those women must be quite the bunch.
Hi Tami & All, Yep I missed the snow but it is reported we are in for a major ice storm. I think most people would rather have the snow. IMO Supposed to arrive tomorrow evening and continue through midday Thursday. Even the weather channel is saying the same thing. It will probably come your way if it is strong enough.

Otherwise, Keep an eye on the sky. One never knows what Mother Nature is going to do next!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
Blizzard warning for areas just east of Tucson today. This will be our 5th snow this year~~none sticks past mid-morning, but still snow and cold temperatures often this year...

Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
Hi Tami & All, Yep I missed the snow but it is reported we are in for a major ice storm. I think most people would rather have the snow. IMO Supposed to arrive tomorrow evening and continue through midday Thursday. Even the weather channel is saying the same thing. It will probably come your way if it is strong enough.

Otherwise, Keep an eye on the sky. One never knows what Mother Nature is going to do next!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Blizzard warning for areas just east of Tucson today. This will be our 5th snow this year~~none sticks past mid-morning, but still snow and cold temperatures often this year...
Good morning everyone. You bet your bippy most people would rather snow than ice, Bluff! One holiday season when I was down visiting my daughter and grandkidds down in Texas, it "snowed". What it actually "snowed" was ice pellets and I'd never heard of so many accidents on the evening news! Being a New Englander who can't handle ice either, I knew better than to go out that day.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Good morning everyone. You bet your bippy most people would rather snow than ice, Bluff! One holiday season when I was down visiting my daughter and grandkidds down in Texas, it "snowed". What it actually "snowed" was ice pellets and I'd never heard of so many accidents on the evening news! Being a New Englander who can't handle ice either, I knew better than to go out that day.
No weather so far, maybe I will luck out again, I hope, I hope, I hope.

I can relate to the Texas snow, Tami. When my youngest daughter was about 13, she was singing in Nashville and got an invitation to sing with the Mid Americas Boys Chior for a week in Saltio, Mexico over the Christmas holidays. Long story short, on our way home we got snowed in in Waco, Texas for three days. I was driving a full sized '80 model Bronco and I wasn't having any trouble on I-35 but was having trouble dodging the crazy Texas drivers that were spinning out of control so the three of us got a motel to wait out getting the road cleared. What surprised me as I walked around the motel was how many of the Texas vehicles front tires were smoothe with no tread showing. It was no wonder they were having problems in the snow. LOL

Eyes on the sky people, we may have winter yet. IMHO

Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
We had a blizzard here in Tucson today! It was really fun to have snow as it's not very common, and heavy snow like today is almost unheard of! They cancelled the Accenture Match Play tournament today and the golf pros were having snowball fights. But, alas, 60's and sun is back Thursday...

Old 02-21-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
We had a blizzard here in Tucson today! It was really fun to have snow as it's not very common, and heavy snow like today is almost unheard of! They cancelled the Accenture Match Play tournament today and the golf pros were having snowball fights. But, alas, 60's and sun is back Thursday...
I had lunch with my son in Reeds Spring and bro and SIL from Overland Park, Ks. who had come to Branson on business and they were worried about getting to OP,Ks. before the snow hit. I called them about 7:30 p.m. and they made it back without seeing any snow. They are presently hunkered down like I am here. Because of reports of snow in Arkansas school was dismissed at 1:30 p.m.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:35 PM

A Nor'easter on it's way here starting Sat. afternoon. Finally got my rear out of the house to go get milk and some canned goods for "just in case". I hope the power holds on again, there's going to be a lot of rain mixed they say.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
A Nor'easter on it's way here starting Sat. afternoon. Finally got my rear out of the house to go get milk and some canned goods for "just in case". I hope the power holds on again, there's going to be a lot of rain mixed they say.
Hope it is no more than what I got Tami, Mine is melted already with the 5 hours of sun shining on it. More possibly in a couple of days but the forecaster doesn't see it being much. 50's tomorrow maybe.

Fingers crossed for you!!!!!

Old 02-22-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
Hope it is no more than what I got Tami, Mine is melted already with the 5 hours of sun shining on it. More possibly in a couple of days but the forecaster doesn't see it being much. 50's tomorrow maybe.

Fingers crossed for you!!!!!
Seems our weather forecaster has changed his mind on our snow Monday. Now the snow will be substantial. I am still hunkered down and still have supplies so it doesn't matter to me. My tax preparer notified my taxes are ready to file which is pretty much a wash. I pay the Feds an additional $500 an get $500 back from the state. It doesn't take into account my savings went down $4000 due to increased utilities, insurances and groceries. Gotta keep cutting expenses. LOL

Old 02-23-2013, 05:49 AM

Good morning. Our forecast has changed a little too. More rain than snow they say now. Hope that's right. I'm in a 2-4" section now. Good you can stay snow bound if you must, Bluff. Now that Mick's gone, my philosophy is "God giveth, God taketh away." Stay safe and warm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning