Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 06:07 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,350,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Do you still have power, Pikan? You should be getting blasted by now I think. Stay safe.

I'm very sorry to hear of your health issues. I'd be a basket case if I had a bum ticker. The Lord be with you. (((HUGS)))
Right now we have some wind and light rain, not terrible. Lets not call it bum yet!

I had to have an EKG and an echo and on to see a cardiologist. I have problems with chest pain quite a bit and this happened several years ago as well. It could be a symptom of my Rheumatoid Arthritis. So many things come along with it there is no telling. Now I'm going to do a search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Marcy, I didn't know Hawaii was having rotten weather too. Did you mean typhoon instead of tsunami? Typhoon is a hurricane. Tsunami is the giants waves. Hope your friend will be okay.
Marcy, I so totally beg your pardon! A friend in Vancouver just told me of the earthquake that happened out there and the tsunami that Hawaii was expecting! I'm so glad to hear it didn't happen. Please forgive my "doubting Thomas" attitude I had.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:25 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,187,952 times
Welcome Everyone to the best place you never wanted to be {{{{HUGS}}}}

I can so relate to Tngirl. My DH passed away from COPD so I know what it is like watching the one you love suffer and not really understand how bad it really is for them. I had to go to a therapist because I would break down and just cry knowing he was so ill. How would I ever live without him? My best friend and the love of my life I knew he wouldn't live to be 70 but I never expected him to die at 52.

My DH passed away 9 years ago in his sleep. He didn't look 'right' and had a really bad cold, as did I after coming back from Seattle on an airplane trip to visit his son. He wanted to see him one last time is what he told me. He refused to go to the hospital that night. He went to bed and 2 hours later he was dead. I woke up and knew imediately that there was something wrong.

The one thing that save me was having someplace to go to share my pain and also reading their thoughts, pain and trying to give them some comfort along the way.

No one can tell you how to feel especially if they have faced the pain and loss you are feeling.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:37 PM

, Keeper. (((HUGS)))

Old 10-29-2012, 06:02 PM

379 posts, read 533,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Welcome Everyone to the best place you never wanted to be {{{{HUGS}}}}

I can so relate to Tngirl. My DH passed away from COPD so I know what it is like watching the one you love suffer and not really understand how bad it really is for them. I had to go to a therapist because I would break down and just cry knowing he was so ill. How would I ever live without him? My best friend and the love of my life I knew he wouldn't live to be 70 but I never expected him to die at 52.

My DH passed away 9 years ago in his sleep. He didn't look 'right' and had a really bad cold, as did I after coming back from Seattle on an airplane trip to visit his son. He wanted to see him one last time is what he told me. He refused to go to the hospital that night. He went to bed and 2 hours later he was dead. I woke up and knew imediately that there was something wrong.

The one thing that save me was having someplace to go to share my pain and also reading their thoughts, pain and trying to give them some comfort along the way.

No one can tell you how to feel especially if they have faced the pain and loss you are feeling.
Oh Keeper, thank you for sharing that! My husband died in much the same manner! I am so sorry for the way things happened and completely understand the pain you felt watching him go downhill. It is a burden I hope I never experience again. However, I would do it all again.....just to have him back, but only for selfish reasons. I know he is no longer suffering and that gives me some peace. He fought a long, hard battle and I'm glad he is resting in peace now.

You said "the one thing that save me was having someplace to go to share me pain...." Are you referring to this forum, or a place such as a group counseling-type place? If you are referring to this forum, I give you a hearty Amen! for this place and all my friends here have given me so much love and support and understanding.

Besides my faith and church, I wouldn't be where I am today without y'all. Blessings to all of you!

Old 10-30-2012, 02:31 PM

Glad hurricane Sandy is over and done with up here. I didn't even loose power! Just a broken fence because my neighbor didn't fix it this past summer when it happened.

I feel so bad for all those others down a little further south.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:48 PM

Sam I AM and I asked and asked and asked the Admin to give us this forum for several years. We knew there was a need for a forum like this on City Data.

I was on a different website which was more like a chat room but I think this forum is better since you can address a specific issue and other can respond to your thread where in a chat room your question can be over looked. I didn't care for hospice but it was probably more the group I was in and not hospice itself. I just didn't feel like I belonged there.

We are all in this together.. the best place we never wanted to be

Old 10-30-2012, 10:36 PM

About 2 or 3 months after Earl died, I found berevement sight but didn't last long there. It was a confusing place to navigate and the people weren't friendly. I've been here since '07 and rarely go out of the tv forum. Maybe some games once in a blue moon and politics a while ago but one day this place caught my eye and I was confused again! How had I missed this?? Glad to see it just wasn't my "oldsimerz". I musta caught it fairly soon after it opened up because I remember seeing "ads" to post here after the last post of each thread.

I haven't looked back to my first posts because I remember what condition I was in and I realize how far I have come in a few months. Sam and Keeper, thank you, thank you for pushing for this place. I know I've said this many times before but I will continue to say that this forum may have just saved my life.

I feel so bad for people who don't know about this place (C-D) and this particular forum. We all know that particular pain and we help each other in whatever way we can. We are "family" for those of us who don't really have one anymore. I sincerely mean that.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:08 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
As I read the posts above, I am impressed with everyone's story and courage to move forward in their life...I won't go into my story...but I feel like every day was a challenge. I "lost" fifteen years of my life, with depression. And I feel guilt that I was a terrible Mother. But I did not know how to fake being happy.

Time and moving helped me...I also did volunteer work at a grief therapy program for children, we did a lot of various activity's, which was a catharsis for me. Children act out grief physically, because they can't deal with it cognitively. It was great. I suggest it for anyone. The focus was on helping the kids. This is where I did my volunteer work.
The Sharing Place - A Grief Support Program for Children in Salt Lake City, Utah

Old 11-01-2012, 06:41 PM

Welcome Jasper12... I am so sorry for your loss.. I knew I had depression and took antidepressants to keep it under control. We all handle our grief differently and there is no right or wrong way, there is just the way that works best for you.

I found that helping others helped me too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning