U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 02:24 AM

21,521 posts, read 18,196,462 times

Advertisements

I'm not HAPPY but I am at peace now that my daughter talked to me last night. She said she needed time alone. Alone with her children. Thought maybe me moving down might be something for the future. (guess her dad told her that, I didn't.) Anywho, the seed was planted and I shall wait to see if it germinates. In the meantime, onward with MY life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 02:33 AM

16 posts, read 13,075 times
Thanks a lot for sharing

Old 03-12-2013, 05:44 AM

363 posts, read 406,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I'm not HAPPY but I am at peace now that my daughter talked to me last night. She said she needed time alone. Alone with her children. Thought maybe me moving down might be something for the future. (guess her dad told her that, I didn't.) Anywho, the seed was planted and I shall wait to see if it germinates. In the meantime, onward with MY life.
Good tami, glad you at least made contact. You did the right thing, and like you said, the seed was planted. You can't rush these things, all in due time. At least she knows you are there for her. You are a good mom.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:51 AM

4,674 posts, read 6,755,081 times
Quote:
I'm really glad you got to talk to Melanie. I wish I'd have had time alone after Bob died, too. Maybe that's her way of coping. Losing her husband in the way she did has got to be a really difficult thing to process much less understand, and I'm sure it's hard on her and the kids. Time and patience, and yes, getting on with YOUR life. That's really important for both of you, because she can see through you, that she will move forward. She also knows you're there, and that's all you can do.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,233 times
Hi All, My Husband Dave & Myself (Cindy) currently live in California, right outside Yosemite National Park, and have been here for over 30 years. We have been married for 30 years and actually met here. He is retiring from the National Park Service, and I have worked for both the concessionaire in retail.. as well as for the National Park Service doing Traffic Management, working in the housing office.. the budget office, etc. With retirement, we have searched and researched all across the US as well as even considering moving outside the country. We came upon Hoquiam by chance, we were actually focusing on Vancouver.. but are glad that Hoquiam came along. We knew we would have to be somewhere near nature, and actually we currently come from a small town of about 600 people. Hoquiam is so centrally located to so much, not to mention the beauty of the whole state. Washington in general has alot to offer...and it doesn't hurt that there is no state income tax, and with Oregon being so close (with no sales tax). We are in the process of purchasing a home in Hoquiam and are expecting to close on April 2, 2013.. and will be in our new home on May 31, 2013. We look forward to exploring this wonderful state, and Grays Harbor County in particular (our new backyard). It's great to have this forum to find out any information you could possibly want to know. I love that people can express their views no matter what they might be. Thank You for all that you do here to keep this site working for those of us that need it, and for the friendly welcome!!!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfAngels View Post
Hi All, My Husband Dave & Myself (Cindy) currently live in California, right outside Yosemite National Park, and have been here for over 30 years. We have been married for 30 years and actually met here. He is retiring from the National Park Service, and I have worked for both the concessionaire in retail.. as well as for the National Park Service doing Traffic Management, working in the housing office.. the budget office, etc. With retirement, we have searched and researched all across the US as well as even considering moving outside the country. We came upon Hoquiam by chance, we were actually focusing on Vancouver.. but are glad that Hoquiam came along. We knew we would have to be somewhere near nature, and actually we currently come from a small town of about 600 people. Hoquiam is so centrally located to so much, not to mention the beauty of the whole state. Washington in general has alot to offer...and it doesn't hurt that there is no state income tax, and with Oregon being so close (with no sales tax). We are in the process of purchasing a home in Hoquiam and are expecting to close on April 2, 2013.. and will be in our new home on May 31, 2013. We look forward to exploring this wonderful state, and Grays Harbor County in particular (our new backyard). It's great to have this forum to find out any information you could possibly want to know. I love that people can express their views no matter what they might be. Thank You for all that you do here to keep this site working for those of us that need it, and for the friendly welcome!!!
Welcome, Cindy. Who is it that you are grieving for? Yes, this is the most wonderful place to come to when you are grieving.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:21 AM

Hey, tn, what's going on about that other job? Did you land it?

Old 03-30-2013, 10:05 PM

363 posts, read 406,264 times
Quote:
Hey, tn, what's going on about that other job? Did you land it?
The Director asked me last week about my salary requirements as he had to complete the budget. I asked him if he had an opening ( I knew he didn't), and he said, "I am going to make an opening." Tickled me to death. I think now he is just waiting for the budget to be approved. This is for the probation officer job, working M-Th, with a 3-day weekend. Sweet, huh?

tngirl

Old 03-31-2013, 01:17 AM

4,674 posts, read 6,755,081 times
Wow! That's wonderful Tn...super congratulations!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:54 AM

Alright, tn! You go, g/f! 3 day weekends, love it. Earl had them. I had them once a long time ago. The 10 hour days will be tough at first but you'll get used to them. I never saw my PO even ONCE when I was on probation for DUI. Tough job. Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning