U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 01:24 AM

70 posts, read 206,447 times

Advertisements

My husband has visited me since his death. We were married for 35 years.

He always visited me in a very vivid dream, very realistic. The first time I dreamed that we were sitting at the diningroom table, and hubby told me; "This is all centered around you", I woke up, then went back to sleep, and once again we were seated around the diningroom table, he got up and walked around behind me, then he put his arms around me and pulled me close to him, then whispered in my ear;"Come with me". I had both of these dreams in the same night.

The last time he visited me, I was asleep and dreamed that he was in the bed beside me, and once again he said;"Come with me".

Each time he visits me, he says; "This is all centered around you", and also says; "Come with me". Each time it is very real, and so comforting to be in his arms again.

Jeanette
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 05:17 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,942,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isew4kidz View Post
My husband has visited me since his death. We were married for 35 years.

He always visited me in a very vivid dream, very realistic. The first time I dreamed that we were sitting at the diningroom table, and hubby told me; "This is all centered around you", I woke up, then went back to sleep, and once again we were seated around the diningroom table, he got up and walked around behind me, then he put his arms around me and pulled me close to him, then whispered in my ear;"Come with me". I had both of these dreams in the same night.

The last time he visited me, I was asleep and dreamed that he was in the bed beside me, and once again he said;"Come with me".

Each time he visits me, he says; "This is all centered around you", and also says; "Come with me". Each time it is very real, and so comforting to be in his arms again.

Jeanette
This sounds as though you had, and still have to some extent, a very 'true' relationship. It sounds as though he is going to stay, watching over you, until you're together again, and reassuring you that there is nothing to fear in passing.

When such things happen they are so starkly real as to be irrefutable. Thank you for sharing your story.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 AM

13,773 posts, read 33,006,430 times
I searched and searched for signs from my DH and did not see them until 2 years after his death. I moved to a new city and new house. Not everytime but ocassionally when I would turn on the light in the hallway the smoke alarm would beep just once. Of course it scared the heck out of me. This continued off and on until finally I decided it had to be the smoke alarm being dirty or the connection. I originally thought it was connected to the electricity but to my surprise it was only battery operated. I cleaned it and bought a new battery.. figuring that would fix it. Well several days later it did it again. This continued off and on for several months and finally one night after it happened I said 'Honey.. please don't do that it scares me'

Yep.. it stopped and has not done it again. Now I am sorry I said that as I miss his 'beeps'..

Old 11-02-2012, 04:24 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,942,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I searched and searched for signs from my DH and did not see them until 2 years after his death. I moved to a new city and new house. Not everytime but ocassionally when I would turn on the light in the hallway the smoke alarm would beep just once. Of course it scared the heck out of me. This continued off and on until finally I decided it had to be the smoke alarm being dirty or the connection. I originally thought it was connected to the electricity but to my surprise it was only battery operated. I cleaned it and bought a new battery.. figuring that would fix it. Well several days later it did it again. This continued off and on for several months and finally one night after it happened I said 'Honey.. please don't do that it scares me'

Yep.. it stopped and has not done it again. Now I am sorry I said that as I miss his 'beeps'..
What a great story. My dad did things, too. Then he came to me in a vivid dream to say how happy he is and how many wonderful people he is with and said he had to leave, but I should call him if I had a problem.

Isn't it mind altering to have such an experience? You do change your philosophy of life, don't you.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:44 PM

21,438 posts, read 18,155,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
What a great story. My dad did things, too. Then he came to me in a vivid dream to say how happy he is and how many wonderful people he is with and said he had to leave, but I should call him if I had a problem.

Isn't it mind altering to have such an experience? You do change your philosophy of life, don't you.
Wow, I would love to have an experience like you guys have shared!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:13 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,374,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Wow, I would love to have an experience like you guys have shared!

it can and no doubt will happen Tami. Sometimes the signs are very subtle. Watch for the little signs; like your or his favorite song will come on the radio, you'll smell his cologne(if he wore it), something/anything he particularly enjoyed will be relevant.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories/lives----amazing stuff.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:14 PM

21,438 posts, read 18,155,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
it can and no doubt will happen Tami. Sometimes the signs are very subtle. Watch for the little signs; like your or his favorite song will come on the radio, you'll smell his cologne(if he wore it), something/anything he particularly enjoyed will be relevant.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories/lives----amazing stuff.
Oh! I never thought of those type of occurances as "signs"! I of course DO think of him when they happen. Just a couple of weeks ago I was out somewhere and this guy sat down close to me and he was wearing the same hat Earl used to wear 365 days a year and for some reason I thought maybe it WAS Earl and I looked really intently at the guy until I said to myself "he's DEAD, you idiot." IDK why I sometimes think this will all end up being a mistake and he'll be there magically. Too much tv and too many movies I think. Still some denial going on there too I think.

Thanks, Pip, my friend.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:54 PM

260 posts, read 293,357 times
It's seemingly a simple yet supernatural transformation (death to a heavenly body) The reason I say simple is because Jesus in His post resurrection body spent 40 days with the apostles and in town prior to assending into the clouds (witnessed by thousands). He essentially modeled this body in order to affirm what WE get as believers. A recognizable heavenly or spiritual body!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:53 PM

8,252 posts, read 9,105,157 times
Quote:
Oh! I never thought of those type of occurances as "signs"! I of course DO think of him when they happen. Just a couple of weeks ago I was out somewhere and this guy sat down close to me and he was wearing the same hat Earl used to wear 365 days a year and for some reason I thought maybe it WAS Earl and I looked really intently at the guy until I said to myself "he's DEAD, you idiot." IDK why I sometimes think this will all end up being a mistake and he'll be there magically. Too much tv and too many movies I think. Still some denial going on there too I think.

Thanks, Pip, my friend.
My mom told me something that happened about a week after my dad died. They had been sleeping in a downstairs bedroom because my dad simply couldn't navigate the stairs anymore and after he died she went back to the master bedroom upstairs. One night she woke up feeling totally wrapped up in the bedclothes...but she wasn't...and couldn't move. She laid there for a minute and finally decided it was Dad who had her wrapped up tight. She told him to 'let go', she wasn't ready to go with him yet and the feeling instantly went away. My dad was a great one for picking up pennies too. He would even go around the yard in his Roundabout looking for them! Now, Mom says, if we see a penny just laying around it's because Dad 'visited'. One day I had vacuumed the entire house and was putting the vacuum away in the closet. In the middle of the dining room floor was a penny that I KNEW wasn't there earlier and I find pennies all over the house all the time. I have a large dream catcher with wind chimes hanging in my living room. MUCH to pretty to have anywhere else. Anyway, one day the chimes started up and there was NO breeze, no fans running...nothing. I told Mom about it and she said it was probably my Grandad come to visit. He loved wind chimes and had a lot of them.

When I was 11 my little sister died in an auto accident. It was terribly upset and missed my 'baby' so much. None of the adults seemed to give us any thought about what we were feeling, etc. and I felt pretty bereft. One night, around my 12th b'day, she came to visit me. I was asleep but 'something' woke me up and there she was, sitting on the end up my bed with her legs tucked under her. She didn't say anything but she smiled realllly big, gave me a small wave and 'left'. She was wearing the same clothes we had buried her in including the little bonnet that hid the haircut she had given herself a few days before. I told my mom about it the next morning and she said I 'dreamed' it. She believes me now, after all her own experiences and has apologized to not believing me then OR taking into consideration my feelings about losing Sissy. I think, to this day, she came just to let me know she was okay.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:41 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,374,520 times
Quote:

Thanks, Pip, my friend.
there ya go--the hat-a sign You're welcome!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
My mom told me something that happened about a week after my dad died. They had been sleeping in a downstairs bedroom because my dad simply couldn't navigate the stairs anymore and after he died she went back to the master bedroom upstairs. One night she woke up feeling totally wrapped up in the bedclothes...but she wasn't...and couldn't move. She laid there for a minute and finally decided it was Dad who had her wrapped up tight. She told him to 'let go', she wasn't ready to go with him yet and the feeling instantly went away. My dad was a great one for picking up pennies too. He would even go around the yard in his Roundabout looking for them! Now, Mom says, if we see a penny just laying around it's because Dad 'visited'. One day I had vacuumed the entire house and was putting the vacuum away in the closet. In the middle of the dining room floor was a penny that I KNEW wasn't there earlier and I find pennies all over the house all the time. I have a large dream catcher with wind chimes hanging in my living room. MUCH to pretty to have anywhere else. Anyway, one day the chimes started up and there was NO breeze, no fans running...nothing. I told Mom about it and she said it was probably my Grandad come to visit. He loved wind chimes and had a lot of them.

When I was 11 my little sister died in an auto accident. It was terribly upset and missed my 'baby' so much. None of the adults seemed to give us any thought about what we were feeling, etc. and I felt pretty bereft. One night, around my 12th b'day, she came to visit me. I was asleep but 'something' woke me up and there she was, sitting on the end up my bed with her legs tucked under her. She didn't say anything but she smiled realllly big, gave me a small wave and 'left'. She was wearing the same clothes we had buried her in including the little bonnet that hid the haircut she had given herself a few days before. I told my mom about it the next morning and she said I 'dreamed' it. She believes me now, after all her own experiences and has apologized to not believing me then OR taking into consideration my feelings about losing Sissy. I think, to this day, she came just to let me know she was okay.
^ this^ is so cool.
Not certain why but pennies are known to represent "signs" from our beloved deceased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning