Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 05:43 PM

726 posts, read 1,229,381 times

Advertisements

One day at a time....I'm sure he shines his Lovebeams all around you...

Nameste
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 07:01 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,243 times
Thank you all so very much for such wonderful advice that I plan to take into action.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:32 AM

379 posts, read 533,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Thank you all so very much for such wonderful advice that I plan to take into action.
That's the smilin that I know and care about! Thinking of you girlfriend

tngirl

Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,315,874 times
smilin...Your friendship has always meant a lot to me. Sorry you've been going through such a "rough patch." I have too...Maybe we can "be there" for each other when need be! Don't want to lose touch!...So many people "come" and "go" and I never want to "lose you" as a friend...No one (not even friends) can replace our loved ones who died. But some people can take the "edge" off our loneliness and sadness and misery a teeny bit. (At times, anyway!)...Every time you and I have talked on the phone I've felt better. And we've even found something to laugh about! (YEA!)...So please stay in touch when you can. I hope we can stay friends "for life" and forever and ever!

Old 04-04-2013, 01:05 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,243 times
Oh, CA, you bet we will stay in touch. Sorry for not staying in touch. I get into a depressed state of mind and go inward, not wanting to inflict my sorrow or sadness on others.

I phoned a few people over the last few days, who Sam and I use to be close to and told them Sam passed away. It was sad because when they asked "how are Sam and you doing?" I broke down and cried and told them that Sam passed away nine months ago. I wasn't good contacting people about Sam's death. I am glad I did contact these people. They both told me Sam was a wonderful man and he was so nice.

I will always stay in contact with you, CA. We will always remain close friends, I apologize for not contacting you, I just didn't feel right telling you how low I am, did not want to inflict my sorrow on you or anyone. Sometimes, I feel so overwhelmed.

I really appreciate all of you and your kindness, caring and love. It is heart felt and ever-lasting.

This grief will have to take its course but until such time, I take ONE DAY AT A TIME!!

Hugs to all!!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:37 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
well i can speak from expierience I was a widow at 32 yep and i was not prepared to be a widow at all I made it for 9 yrs by myself and did not marry again until the kids were grown because I was scared to death that I would not and could not present the kids with another man in their life . I was so glad I made that decision and when i did meet the 2nd husband he is a good man and treats very well but it is a different kind of love than I had with my first husband but still good and Im glad I stayed by myself for 9 yrs and it does get better and soon you will be out and about and doing things again and I hope your broken bone heals soon .

Old 04-04-2013, 04:12 PM

smilin...I can relate. I haven't told everyone I know that my son died yet...These people didn't know he was sick and they will be shocked to hear about his death. (Because he always seemed so bubbly and alive.)...Thanks for all you wrote. I tend to "hide-away" too at times. But then I push myself to contact my close friends or my cousin in Kansas (etc.) to check on them and let them know that I'm still alive...When I was growing-up my Mom kept telling me: "You're not the only person in the world.. Or the only person who has problems."...She always pushed me to "think" about others and get "outside" of myself once in awhile.. So I do! And it feels good.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:50 PM

smilin...I wish you the very best. Hope things are going a little better for you now.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:47 PM

89 posts, read 135,947 times
I told my wife long ago that if I died before her not to spend too much time greiving. Go out have some fun and do whatever she wanted. Id be cheering her on. Ilfe is too short.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:06 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,876,420 times
First let me say how sorry I am for your loss. I did not go through all the responses, so forgive me if I repeat myself. I too, lost my husband 11 years ago next month. Give yourself a break. I did not want to be with anyone either. Still don't at times. You really need a years time before seriously getting involved with any man. It is just too soon. I have dated some, but there will never be anyone that could top him, and I don't think I'd want it anyway. You will go through and get to the time when you feel ready and you will know it. Take baby steps. And do not do what I did...do not sleep with the first guy that shows you he wants you. They will take advantage and you are too emotionally vulnerable now. I am sending you a big hug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning