U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 07:01 PM

4,166 posts, read 5,174,193 times

Advertisements

Happy Mother's Day...I hope everyone has a pleasant day. (Whatever you do. And whether you're a mother or not.)...This will be my first Mother's Day since both my sons passed-away. Doing okay so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 07:12 PM

130 posts, read 177,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Happy Mother's Day...I hope everyone has a pleasant day. (Whatever you do. And whether you're a mother or not.)...This will be my first Mother's Day since both my sons passed-away. Doing okay so far.
I'm very sorry to hear that...I truly wish u the best in life. Just remember that w The Lord, all things are possible. He saved me from a long lasting drug addiction, that had me planning my own funeral every night, for years. I ended up homeless, and moved into a men's home, for a local church. I had childhood trauma that I could not get over, that was helping to fuel my addiction. I gave my will and my life over to The Lord and told Him to have his way in my life. That was 16 months ago, and I have been clean and sober ever since. Obviously my situation is diff than yours, but it's all about understanding how much God loves us, and His promises in our lives. Maybe u already know this, but I just felt like u took the time to write this, and I wanted to take the time to write u back w something positive. Your sons r in a wonderful place, and u will see them again one day in paradise. May God bless u each and every day until then.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,620,656 times
CArizona,
Happy Mothers Day to you!
I wanted to tell you that because even though our loved ones are gone,
we are still their Mothers, Daughters and Sisters.
Thank you for Mothers Day wishes, and I say to my deceased mom
Happy Mothers Day Mom. I love you and appreciate you every day.
Even though you aren't with me in person, you are always with me in my
thoughts and the love never dies.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 AM

21,431 posts, read 18,144,759 times
Thank you, CA. I will say special prayers for you. God Bless.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:28 AM

4,669 posts, read 6,739,165 times
Thank you, CA. When we lose our parents, we don't stop being their children, so even though your sons aren't here physically, they're still in your heart, and you're still their mom. Happy Mother's Day to you, too.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:06 PM

4,166 posts, read 5,174,193 times
Thanks for your caring posts!...Wishing you all a nice weekend. And Mother's Day...I'm trying to spoil myself a little more now and this helps...Holidays and special days or dates can be rough. But we must be "tough" because we're "still here" and "kicking." (Even though some days are better than other ones.)...You all deserve a "pat on the back!" And I know I do too...Sending everyone a "BIG PAT!".. HUGS TOO!

Old 05-12-2013, 01:16 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,253,264 times
Hoping you are having a pleasant day, CArizona. I am wishing you a Happy Remembrance Day - and knowing you will be comforted by the happy recall of the good times you spent with your sons. We have been so fortunate to be mothers to our wonderful children . . . blessings to you, from one mom to another.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:28 PM

5,106 posts, read 6,062,113 times
Thank you CArizona. and to you as well.

one day at a time

Old 05-13-2013, 08:23 AM

21,431 posts, read 18,144,759 times
Hope you had the best day you could have yesterday, CA. Your sons CAN'T call. My kid CHOSE not to call. Guess those people down in Texas are more important now than her mother. Bless you, my dear.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:36 AM

5,843 posts, read 8,426,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hope you had the best day you could have yesterday, CA. Your sons CAN'T call. My kid CHOSE not to call. Guess those people down in Texas are more important now than her mother. Bless you, my dear.
My son chose not to call either, but he did text me. LOL Had a nice day with daughter and s-i-l so it all was ok. First Mothers Day without my mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning