U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-14-2013, 07:10 PM
 
1,472 posts, read 1,904,520 times
Reputation: 1128

Advertisements

Lost a Friend he was buried today.Woke up this morning my Pup Friend of the last 15 years was dead Could of just ate my last meal because I'm to be operated on.

Yes I know I'm Praying and yes I trust I believe it will be better,just a bump.

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2013, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles>Little Rock>Houston>Little Rock
6,488 posts, read 6,598,773 times
Reputation: 17327
Sorry for your losses. What kind of surgery are you having? I'm sure everything will be fine. Just try to relax and get some rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 PM
 
1,472 posts, read 1,904,520 times
Reputation: 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
Sorry for your losses. What kind of surgery are you having? I'm sure everything will be fine. Just try to relax and get some rest.
It's just Gallbladder but I'm on Blood Thinners and they just got my Blood thick enough.My Surgeon told me even taking me off Blood Thinners I will bleed like a stuck Hog.

Thanks

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2013, 09:58 PM
 
585 posts, read 1,154,500 times
Reputation: 648
I am so sorry for your losses.
Do you think that you could postpone your surgery? I only say this because you are in such emotional distress and it could affect your healing...not that I think anything bad is going to happen to you, but perhaps you should talk to your doctor about your situation before going ahead with surgery. Our minds and bodies work together.
One other thing - when my dog died I got a lot of comfort in the "Rainbow Bridge" section of the Pets forum here.
Peace be with you - and let us know how things go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2013, 08:37 AM
 
1,472 posts, read 1,904,520 times
Reputation: 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
I am so sorry for your losses.
Do you think that you could postpone your surgery? I only say this because you are in such emotional distress and it could affect your healing...not that I think anything bad is going to happen to you, but perhaps you should talk to your doctor about your situation before going ahead with surgery. Our minds and bodies work together.
One other thing - when my dog died I got a lot of comfort in the "Rainbow Bridge" section of the Pets forum here.
Peace be with you - and let us know how things go.
I know what you are saying but this has been postponed for long enough. I went through a time when I was on Medication dealing with going through an F3 Tornado,seeing the Death and Distruction of many,losing a Granddaughter to SID's and a Baby Sister to Cancer,all this at the same time.I found trusting in the Lord on this was far better than dealing with what the Medication did to me.

Thanks

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2013, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Missouri
6,044 posts, read 21,128,367 times
Reputation: 5033
So sorry for the loss of your friend and your dog, both such painful losses. Definitely not a good way to go into surgery but I understand that postponing can cause more problems than it is worth. As hard as it is, try to focus on yourself right now. Surgery tends to take an emotional toll on many people (I am one of them).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2013, 12:27 PM
 
11,686 posts, read 13,078,672 times
Reputation: 30973
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
It's just Gallbladder but I'm on Blood Thinners and they just got my Blood thick enough.My Surgeon told me even taking me off Blood Thinners I will bleed like a stuck Hog.

Thanks
brushrunner
I'm a 75 year old man on blood thinners, and have had two major surgeries of eight-hours each in the past two years, and didn't need a drop of blood. I wonder if your surgeon used such the outrageous expression "bleed like a stuck hog," or if you haven't wound yourself up too much over this.

In any case, you can be sure that if there is a reasonable chance of severe bleeding he will be certain that there is adequate blood of your type available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2013, 12:43 AM
 
8,440 posts, read 10,714,664 times
Reputation: 6201
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
I know what you are saying but this has been postponed for long enough. I went through a time when I was on Medication dealing with going through an F3 Tornado,seeing the Death and Distruction of many,losing a Granddaughter to SID's and a Baby Sister to Cancer,all this at the same time.I found trusting in the Lord on this was far better than dealing with what the Medication did to me.

Thanks

brushrunner
Brushrunner,

Some days are so rough to get through. So sorry for your loses while your pending surgery is on your mind.

Losing two best friends at the same time is really rough. Does it help to write about them and your unique relationship with each? Many have suggested good books in various other threads to read about human grief.

I loved that Kimmie mentioned the pet section thread on loss. I've posted a lot of posts there. The bonds of love aren't limited to humans.

I'm glad you were comforted and sustained by your faith in God with your tremendous losses you experienced at a tender age. I hope you feel peace and comfort sharing your feelings with humans and God.
I wish you peace, strength to get through your surgery with no complications.

This song may bring tears to your eyes. Hopefully, it brings some comfort too. It's Shannon by Henry Gross. I posted a different version in the Pet Grieving along with details of which Beach Boy lost "Shannon."

Shannon Henry Gross 1976 - YouTube

Sending healing to you. Please let us know how you are doing after you have surgery.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2013, 08:41 PM
 
1,472 posts, read 1,904,520 times
Reputation: 1128
Thank you and sorry I hadn't got back. I almost came very, very close to being with our Heavenly Father. I'm still in such bad shape if I don't take it easy for the next year, the Surgeon says with my age and damage I could still die.

Still missing my Pup sooooooo Bad. I do have a Beagle Pup my Granddaughter gave me here while back. I told my wife the other day that I didn't think the Pup cared for me My wife said think about it you came home she tried to show you attention and you made her get away because she was hurting you. She realized you were hurt just doing what you wanted.

Well I guess the Pup understood because she is right there with me now

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2013, 01:17 AM
 
8,440 posts, read 10,714,664 times
Reputation: 6201
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Thank you and sorry I hadn't got back. I almost came very, very close to being with our Heavenly Father. I'm still in such bad shape if I don't take it easy for the next year, the Surgeon says with my age and damage I could still die.

Still missing my Pup sooooooo Bad. I do have a Beagle Pup my Granddaughter gave me here while back. I told my wife the other day that I didn't think the Pup cared for me My wife said think about it you came home she tried to show you attention and you made her get away because she was hurting you. She realized you were hurt just doing what you wanted.

Well I guess the Pup understood because she is right there with me now

brushrunner
Glad you posted, brushrunner and your surgery is over.

Do what your doctor/surgeon said and let that new little puppy find comfy places around you. Something about wet, puppy kisses and those little yelps can help heal.

Sending healing and comforting thoughts to you.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top