Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it weird/disturbing not to bawl when a close relative dies?
Yes, it kinda means you didn't love them 3 2.33%
No, people process loss in their own way 126 97.67%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 01:28 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times

Advertisements

I think most of us do!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 05:23 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
I've never been a person to cry much either. It isn't that I don't feel sad, the tears just don't come.

I cry more at happy events than sad ones. Budweiser ads often fill my eyes full of tears.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:55 AM

4,270 posts, read 6,293,626 times
Cry if you need to cry. I have cried at some funerals, and not at others. And not because I didn't care for the ones I did not cry for, but for any number of reasons. The funeral that had me crying the most was not even a family member or someone close to me, but the words people said at the funeral really touched me, and I lost it. I'm sure people thought I was wackadoodle since I wasn't particularly close to the family. Conversely, I hardly cried at all at my grandmother's funeral, and she was the one person in my family I was closest to.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 635 times
I don't understand what's wrong with me? I had two family members died and I didn't cried at either of them both... The rest of my family were all in tears and sobbing.. But not me I was just there sitting looking at all of them... Don't get me wrong I did felt sorry for them... But I have to ask myself why cry when someone passes away, when you can celebrate their lives by remembering them in their most happiest days of thier lives? I guess I am more spiritual in that sense... Why grief a loss when you know that they are finally resting in peace and don't have to suffer in this world... They will always be in my heart and I will miss not seeing them but that's the natural way of life. We are born, we live our lives to the fullest we learn our life lesson and then we past. Am I a terrible person by thinking this way?

Old 12-24-2015, 07:16 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Well when you see how crappy the world is now,sometimes you can rejoice when they are SET FREE and dont have to suffer here anymore!!! (Thats 1 way to look @ it)

Old 12-24-2015, 05:53 PM

39 posts, read 37,362 times
It surely depends on how close you were emotionally to the deceased, and even then there are those that feel deeply but can't cry. I am Not one of them however, and have wept many times at my recent bereavement. When my premature babies were ( 15 months apart) in incubators I cried constantly and when they died later only for a while...i had done all my crying while they lived and felt drained.

We are all different but I do question the emotional and mental make up of those that claim a hard heart that feels nothing at the passing of another human being whether close or distant.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:59 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,187 times
To cry or not is for the moment.
There have been times when I was in such shock, or so full of adrenaline that there was no crying. The crying in those cases came later.

There have been times when I bawled like a baby, straight away, completely shattered.

That said, we all "Cry" in different ways. Because we have love and emotion we experience physically the loss of another. How that manifests itself is as various as the loves that the relationship generated.

The body will not last. Only the soul is forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning