Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 03:23 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I'm just trying to understand the mind of a religious person such as the TS. He/she states that they believe in the power of collective prayer. Therefore they believe in a god or higher power. Now if they believe in god then they must believe everything that happens is god's will. Now if this was god's will why pray to reverse his actions?
I missed this but have no issue explaining my position.

I am not a religious person...never have been. I am a very spiritual person.

Spiritual people believe in the collective power of prayer. For me this means that the collective mental energy from all those praying, chanting, meditating or whatever they do creates a healing energy that is directed at Christal. No matter what you believe in if you have a group of people committed to the cause of praying for someone in whatever belief system they hold onto turns into all good and there is very solid evidence of collective prayer producing sound results. Of course you could question how do I know that the collective prayers are what helped my friend. Fair question but nobody truly knows.

However the miraculous comeback from that hopeless accident gives me the satisfaction that collective prayers are heard and that Guardian Angels and Spirit Guides do help and guide us.

Peace and thank you everyone who prayed for Christal. She is on a fast and furious come back. She is very grateful for this second chance.

Cheers!

And I hope you are talking about me TVC15 but you kept typing TS. Who is TS if you were not referring to TVC15?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 10:50 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
UGH I don't think I did a good job of explaining myself...I was tired.

But it really does not matter since this thread was not about what I believe. It is about Christal and her healing.

This is Christal posting on FB: "My Seeeester came to visit me after she got off work a bit ago, was very nice.. she got to see me take a few more steps and it was cool and she wasn't freakin out that bad this time..lol"

She is learning how to walk again. She broke on ankle and shattered the other in the accident.

Thanks for all the prays, beams of healing light and any other forms of mental healing that was sent to her.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:07 PM

Drum roll update!

Christal is up and about. She has been doing rigorous rehab for months now.

She just bought a new car and is driving again! This is truly a miraculous recovery and all the doctors on her team are in disbelief at her recovery strides. Yesterday she walked 2 miles in 50 minutes during rehab...recall she had broken both ankles and one was shattered.

Thank you all so very much who prayed or sent beacons of healing light or whatever form of healing you sent to Christal.

She came out of her coma swinging hard to make a come back and she has succeeded!

And her hair is growing back nicely!

Old 10-04-2014, 04:13 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Awesome update, TVC! Thanks so much for letting us know! Prayer works, especially prayers to St Jude, the patron saint of hopeless cases.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:29 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Excellent, TVC! I am so happy and amazed! Best wishes for Christal.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:44 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Smile *

Im so happy buddy!!!

Thanx for letting us know!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning