U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2014, 08:18 PM
 
7,497 posts, read 9,280,426 times
Reputation: 7394

Advertisements

I know for me, I'm not angry at the person that is gone, I'm just mad at the rest of the world. It's really tough that the person who meant the most to me is now gone and not with much notice either. I'm glad she didn't have to suffer though. I went through that with my granddad, he suffered for awhile with lung cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2014, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Philaburbia
31,166 posts, read 57,317,340 times
Reputation: 52030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
It's really tough that the person who meant the most to me is now gone and not with much notice either.
Yes, that's it!

You know who I'm most angry at is my in-laws, who have gone about their lives barely acknowledging that they've lost their brother, son, nephew, cousin. I haven't seen or heard from any of them in more than two years. They don't call to ask me how I'm doing, if I have plans for Easter dinner, etc. It makes me downright furious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2014, 10:34 AM
 
7,497 posts, read 9,280,426 times
Reputation: 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Yes, that's it!

You know who I'm most angry at is my in-laws, who have gone about their lives barely acknowledging that they've lost their brother, son, nephew, cousin. I haven't seen or heard from any of them in more than two years. They don't call to ask me how I'm doing, if I have plans for Easter dinner, etc. It makes me downright furious.
That's a shame. Do you think it's possible that they just might still have a hard time dealing with it after so long, and never let themselves deal with it, and therefore avoid you for that reason or something?

At my family member's funeral, her family from out of state except for a couple people, barely acknowledged those of us who'd spent forty-five, or in my case, thirty years very close to her. Even though I've never known them well, it kind of hurt. ((Hugs))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2014, 12:53 PM
 
Location: SWFL
21,438 posts, read 18,155,050 times
Reputation: 18819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Yes, that's it!

You know who I'm most angry at is my in-laws, who have gone about their lives barely acknowledging that they've lost their brother, son, nephew, cousin. I haven't seen or heard from any of them in more than two years. They don't call to ask me how I'm doing, if I have plans for Easter dinner, etc. It makes me downright furious.
That is tough and wrong. Did you get along with the in-laws before your husband died? I am sorry to hear of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2014, 02:02 AM
 
Location: 900 miles from my home in 80814
4,669 posts, read 6,742,826 times
Reputation: 7078
Ohiogirl, that's really sad. I'm so sorry they won't stay in touch. Not only did you lose your husband, you lost his family, too. Have you tried calling them, just to see why they've withdrawn?

When my husband died, his parents had died many years earlier, as had mine, so all he had left was his sister and her husband. Fortunately, we've stayed close and I think it's because of my kids. She is very close with them, and they with her. She also loves their kids and dotes on them, so I'm grateful for that. She lives in Denver, and after my husband died, we've split holidays. Every other Thanksgiving I go up there, and every other one she comes here. Same for Christmas. It's worked out really well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2014, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Southwest Desert
4,166 posts, read 5,176,988 times
Reputation: 3514
I sure felt angry and frustrated the other day when I took my friend to the ER. The doctor on duty was arrogant and bossy and he treated my friend like a "stupid child."...It brought back memories of some of the doctors my family members encountered when they were sick...Normally, I'm easy-going and soft-spoken but I turn into a "lion" when I run into doctors or nurses who treat patients with disrespect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2014, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Southwest Desert
4,166 posts, read 5,176,988 times
Reputation: 3514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Yes, that's it!

You know who I'm most angry at is my in-laws, who have gone about their lives barely acknowledging that they've lost their brother, son, nephew, cousin. I haven't seen or heard from any of them in more than two years. They don't call to ask me how I'm doing, if I have plans for Easter dinner, etc. It makes me downright furious.
I'm sorry that you haven't heard from your husband's family...I don't hear from my husband's brothers or wives or other family members...My husband was the youngest of 5 brothers. I wonder if my husband's older brothers have trouble facing their own mortality. (Not sure.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2014, 06:37 PM
 
Location: SWFL
21,438 posts, read 18,155,050 times
Reputation: 18819
I so hate arrogant doctors, CA. I would like to dope slap them. Fortunately I've only met one. Back in the early 80s when I went to a neurologist when I had my first "attack" of my MS. He was rude and gruff, almost surly. I have learned most neuros don't have good bedside manners but this guy was the worst. O'Reilly was his name. Maybe he was a hungover Irishman. My Israeli neuro doesn't have much either but I rarely see him anymore. I see an assistant mostly and I like her. Hope your friend got the help he/she needed regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2014, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Southwest Desert
4,166 posts, read 5,176,988 times
Reputation: 3514
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I so hate arrogant doctors, CA. I would like to dope slap them. Fortunately I've only met one. Back in the early 80s when I went to a neurologist when I had my first "attack" of my MS. He was rude and gruff, almost surly. I have learned most neuros don't have good bedside manners but this guy was the worst. O'Reilly was his name. Maybe he was a hungover Irishman. My Israeli neuro doesn't have much either but I rarely see him anymore. I see an assistant mostly and I like her. Hope your friend got the help he/she needed regardless.
Tami.. I'm glad you haven't had to deal with many arrogant and abusive doctors.. My friend didn't receive proper care at the hospital on Saturday. We need to file a complaint..Took my friend to see his regular doctor yesterday. And, he had tests taken at the other hospital in our area...Thankfully, he was treated with respect yesterday and he received the care he needed and deserved. YEA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2014, 08:46 PM
 
Location: SWFL
21,438 posts, read 18,155,050 times
Reputation: 18819
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Tami.. I'm glad you haven't had to deal with many arrogant and abusive doctors.. My friend didn't receive proper care at the hospital on Saturday. We need to file a complaint..Took my friend to see his regular doctor yesterday. And, he had tests taken at the other hospital in our area...Thankfully, he was treated with respect yesterday and he received the care he needed and deserved. YEA!
That's good to hear, CA. Is this the friend whose dog just died and had a heart attack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top