U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2018, 04:35 AM

21,891 posts, read 20,869,974 times

Advertisements

Keeping those prayers going for everyone especially elston and Molly!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 09:08 AM

428 posts, read 467,504 times
So far, so good.
We still have power, and just a light rain and no winds.
Of course, the worst is still yet to come.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:46 AM

9,126 posts, read 6,309,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning all. Please stay safe for all of those in the way of this hurricane.
I have that pain back in my side again--not sure why. For some reason these doctors seem to take their time between appointments. I guess they know what they are doing.
Have a blessed day everyone!
My sympathies and best wishes for those in the direct path of this hurricane-been there done that and it's terrible, and the aftermath is even worse. We're looking at the storm clouds dragged along south (in the outer bands) of Michael, a bit breezy with occasional rain, but not bad at all. We're grateful this storm passed by us but boy I feel for our fellow Floridians in the panhandle and our neighbors to their north and east (GA, ALA, NC, SC). The only saving grace is the storm is moving fast, not hanging around for days like Florence did.

Cyn, I always assumed that with a diagnosis of cancer that the docs and other healthcare providers moved to get things done ASAP, but I've also seen where they waited a few weeks, even a month or two for tests, surgery for friends I knew with cancer. I never understood that either, but hoped it meant the cancer wasn't growing too fast and they could afford to wait.

But even with the wait for appointments, if you have concerns, have signs or symptoms that you think your doctor ought to know about and maybe doesn't, it'd be a good thing to call the office (speak to the doc, or a nurse there) and let them know. They can evaluate your symptoms, either act on your information, or at the least reassure you if it's something minor or expected. That's what they are there for, and it would help your psyche to have any questions answered, to know that you have informed your docs of what's going on and make you feel less (hopefully), that you're just hanging out there on a limb all by yourself waiting for them to get around to treating you.

And the finances..... you aren't alone, there are so many people in that boat, and I promise you your doctors and other healthcare providers are well aware of the scope of this problem. What I'd probably do in your shoes at some point would be to speak to someone in the doc's office, hospital, other healthcare facilities (a manager or someone in their billing departments, or a social worker in one of these places could direct you to the right person to talk to) to get some help. Or perhaps one of your family members can do this if you're just not feeling up to it. There are programs out there to help
people who need such help, and healthcare facilities will often significantly discount their services and allow you tp set up a payment plan, but you have to ask. In any case, a healthcare facility social worker will know what programs (public or private) are out there that might help you out. Also, pharmaceutical companies often have programs to help cover the costs of the expensive drugs used for chemotherapy, or there might be clinical trial programs you can get into which will cover at least some of your costs. Ask your providers about what's out there!

The important thing for you is to concentrate on beating this cancer thing, and know that the finances will work out one way or the other (perhaps in ways you can't even imagine right now). I know it's easy to say, much harder to do, but if you're able to try and not worry about how you're going to pay for all this (and you know you have lots of company in that boat), it might help you to live your life, sleep, rest and concentrate on getting well a little better. There are folks out there who will help you!

Old 10-11-2018, 05:22 AM

Well I spent last night back in emergency---ugh! I had been vacuuming and general cleaning and I guess I over did it. The pain was wicked. As bad as when I went the first time. I was so scared. My friend came and took me what an angel! They took another MRI to be sure nothing had started bleeding and there was no injury but it was just sore from use they said. It's better today. I do need to take a urine sample in today. We are getting rain like crazy so I'll try to time it between the rain!
I agree with you travelassie on their attitude about the cancer but I have to trust they know what they are doing. I got a phone call from my step son yesterday and it was horrible. He seems to think I have only months to live. I think because his friend had colon cancer and did die fast he feels it's all the same but it sure put me in a sad mood. Just all in all a bad day yesterday but I made it so that is good!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Molly hope this storm ia missing you and you and yours are safe and dry! Hope elston is doing well.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:06 PM

5,486 posts, read 5,135,323 times
Best wishes to you, cyn. Wow - you are really being hit with distressing news. Pray often and lean on friends and be open to a Go Fund Me account and any other ideas to raise funds to pay off your medical bills. No one wants or needs to have to worry about medical bills when they're sick.

Hang in there and I wish you the very best. That storm really caused a lot of damage. Awful damage - I hope power is restored ASAP for them and that they trudge through this the best they can. Very difficult news to endure for a lot of people.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:37 AM

428 posts, read 467,504 times
We survived.
Minimal damage in our area. Lost power for about 30 hours.
Major devastation 2 hours west of here. Very sad.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:56 AM

We lost phone service and internet. That put me in a frenzy with no contact but I did have my daughters cell phone just don't know how to use it very well. But all is up and running again. I have that doctor appointment and the funny thing is he wanted me to bring in my son and step son. I think he wants to set them straight--not sure. I sure don't any negative input and I think that is what he wanted to tell them but I told the doctor not today! So my friend and I are getting ready to go now. We'll be just fine! Hope all is blessed for everyone!

Old 10-13-2018, 04:50 AM

Hope elston is doing well!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 10-13-2018, 05:43 AM

34,453 posts, read 42,599,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
We lost phone service and internet. That put me in a frenzy with no contact but I did have my daughters cell phone just don't know how to use it very well. But all is up and running again. I have that doctor appointment and the funny thing is he wanted me to bring in my son and step son. I think he wants to set them straight--not sure. I sure don't any negative input and I think that is what he wanted to tell them but I told the doctor not today! So my friend and I are getting ready to go now. We'll be just fine! Hope all is blessed for everyone!
As long as you have an extra set of ears with you. It helps remember everything the doctor says.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:25 AM

My doctors words exactly gentlearts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or