Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 06:54 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,566,611 times

Advertisements

Sleep usually is the first one to get affected in my case too Cyn
Have a lovely Sunday.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:54 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,227,609 times
Slept a bit better last night. I am going to start taking more steps forward--one more big hurdle and that is Sept. 10th, the day my DH passed away. I know that every holiday will still bring pain but I have to keep trying to move forward and not get stuck. It's so easy to get stuck......it's so hard to go forward...but I did enjoy life before my husbands ALS and I want so badly to enjoy it again! Lots of prayers and trusting in God to help me out here and of course all of my dear friends here holding me up along the way!

Old 07-20-2015, 09:37 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,113,745 times
That's the attitude, cyn! Positive. I can tell you are counting every day up to Sept. 10th. I used to do that too for the first year. Then it went to months. Now it is years. I'm hoping for the day I "forget" Jan. 19th and it passes like a normal day. Not to forget him, just to be less pain in my heart. I don't know if that is possible but I forgot my Mom's day of death this year. Remembered the day after. 23 years later it took.

Have a great day everyone.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:21 PM

I sure hope the pain fades with time.....I really get so uncomfortable with it all. Today I mowed--that was the longest 5 hours of my life--it was so hot and humid but I finished. I kept coming in to drink plenty of water and I had to wear a long sleeved shirt and hat so it seemed even hotter! Good for another week. I've done better but I will take it the way it is this time. I found another tick in my house from my cats and that only seems to happen when I let the grass get to high..it's only been a week.....I even broke down and put weed killer on the weeds by the road where my mower can't get to in a hole. My cats don't go down there anyhow so I feel safe but I hate weed killer anyhow! It was only a small amount. There were no sales today so it was a good day to get the lawn done. I am beat. Went to the market--got what I need and am ready for a nice shower then to relax! I'll probably list a few items though...can't slack in that area. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Old 07-22-2015, 08:05 AM

I did sleep good but for some reason the electricity had gone out during the night so I had to get up early just to see what time it was. It was 5:am so I didn't sleep long but did sleep well. At least the electricity was back on when I woke up. My son called and is going to bring my oldest grand daughter over tomorrow morning to spend a couple of days with me. Not sure I'm ready but it may just be a good thing. He's bringing food that my grand daughter likes to eat and some money to help cover the dogs expenses. I don't have a big variety of fresh foods. At least she is older so she can entertain herself while I am working! Another busy day cleaning around the house. Vacuum (found another tick yesterday--ugh), cleaning litter boxes thoroughly and the 2 drinking fountains. Hope today is a blessed day for everyone!

Old 07-22-2015, 09:45 AM

47,913 posts, read 21,906,028 times
Cyn....it might be nice for you to have your grand daughter over for a few days. (I wonder what motivated that on his part.)

Old 07-22-2015, 04:19 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,289,304 times
Hi my Cyn

Sorry I've been missing in action - we were on vacation and have been crazy busy since we came back... we're moving out in two weeks, leaving the country in 3!
Miranda had a CT scan on Monday, everything is looking good.

I hope you'll enjoy your GD's visit!

Old 07-22-2015, 04:26 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,733,534 times
Thinking about cha CYN

I do hope your spirits are up and happy!!

Old 07-22-2015, 05:07 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,566,611 times
Have fun with your grand daughter Cyn. Who knows, she may cheer you up quite a bit and who knows, you will cook and eat really yum food together (though I know food is the last thing on your mind).

Old 07-24-2015, 06:02 AM

Good morning! My grand daughter has been wonderful. I'm still stressed from just the change but dealing with it. She wants to help me get organized, so sweet, and yet I'm afraid if I start moving things around I'll never find them! Guess we can start with things that really don't matter. Not sure what that would be.....??
We may hang some family pictures up today!
I have a return to deal with today on ebay--the woman said the pants were used--yes and that is what I put in the description. Anyhow what ever makes her happy. I will refund her money.
I saw my therapist yesterday and she said I am dealing with more depression then anything right now. No kidding! Smile. I would really like to get my old therapist back--she always made me feel good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning