Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 05:23 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times

Advertisements

I am full of anxiety--but I will be fine I know! Once I figure out the routine and the cash register.....I am excited too so that is a good thing. I only work 4 hours today just to learn things so keep me in your thoughts please. It rained hard last night and is foggy this morning. Poor Bella is terrified of the thunder but she finally went in the dog house with BuBu so maybe things will be good. I did give them both a natural chew to relax them. I try to keep the chews on hand for hunting season with the gun shots and the holidays with fireworks to help calm them. Seem to work okay. Got to get ready now..........will tell how it goes when I get home.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:45 AM

48,123 posts, read 21,999,038 times
I hope that you have a good day cyn. "Carpe Diem". Look forward to hearing from you when you have a chance to tell us how it went.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:29 PM

I'm soooo very tired...really out of shape. I think a lot is mental but we stocked the animal foods today too as they got one of their trucks in. I just took it slow so not to hurt my arm but still it did hurt---I will wear the brace next time. Silly me didn't want my new boss to think I would not be able to do the heavy work so I didn't wear the brace but actually he does the heavy stuff and I basically have to restock lots of canned foods--still heavy but can be broken down. I learned a lot---mostly that I can't afford to feed my many critters the best of the best of foods but they seem to do okay anyhow. I think I will get the register down pretty fast--not hard to learn really. Customers were nice. I heard one of the other associates telling a woman how to give fishmox which is just amoxicillin---if she had explained her way to me I would never have ever even tried doing it--ha! She made a simple process sound so difficult but I just listened. She obviously has her ways and I have mine. So far mine have worked for me and hers must work for her. I wanted to chime in and tell the customer the best place to buy for the best price for the fishmox but again I just listened. I only want to put in my 6 hours, answer those questions I know and feel good about answering and come home. It's safest that way. Maybe after I've been there awhile I will offer more advise but I think I would still first ask my manager. I will push the drinking fountain for indoor cats and DE. Those I know and feel very confident about. The manager really liked me today so he wants me back on Saturday and again on next Thursday. He said it was really a big help to have an extra person there that could do both stocking and the register. Still not totally comfortable with the register but it doesn't scare me as much now. Yes, I am very tired, but it is a good tired. The only day I may have a problem with is on every other Saturday doing the closing at 9:30pm. My cats and dogs will just have to adjust to an early dinner on those days and I will have to be on extra alert with all the deer we have around here driving home at night. A very slow drive home for sure. All in all I think this is going to be a good fit and I am very hopeful about it. Now I need to take a little nap. I feel blessed.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:59 PM

48,123 posts, read 21,999,038 times
All good news cyn for your first day............I think this is going to work out fine for you.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:23 PM

Thanks elston--that is what I need to hear.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:07 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,753 times
It sure sounds like a nice fit Cyn! And you actually napped which is nice
It was wise of you to keep quite and listen. You are right; everyone has a way. Another wise thing was to not offer advise about where to find same but cheaper stuff! You don't want to cost sales!

Ver happy for you Cyn.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:13 AM

Our store doesn't even offer Fishmox---we don't have fish! But thank you for a good thinking! I've just decided to go in and do my job--answer basic questions and come home. In the back of my mind I keep hearing my DH tell me I can't save the world! Yesterday my cats brought in a small rabbit--it had some injuries but I think it can survive those so I took it over to the field and let it loose. I checked a little later and it was long gone so praying it is okay! Going out to mow the dogs yard now.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:03 AM

I have so much going for me that is good but I just cannot shake this sad feeling. I just hope when I get passed the anniversary date of my DH's passing things will start to perk up. I'm not really just depressed but just more lonely I guess. I think I could be in a crowd of people and still feel this loneliness because I'm lonely for him. It just takes time I know....

Last edited by cynwldkat; 08-21-2015 at 08:46 AM..

Old 08-21-2015, 11:17 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Glad you like the job so far, cyn. Best of luck.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:24 AM

Thanks tami! I'm going to go and shower and then go to the post office and off to work. I am anxious but I don't think it is work--it's just life. I spent my morning taking care of my animals, packaging up a couple of packages for ebay and just got back from the dogs morning walk. Hope everyone has a blessed day and I will tell you all later how the day went.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning