Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 01:33 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,301,760 times

Advertisements

I agree--wonderful news, Miranda getting to be a real child and do children things--how fun!
I'm tired...mowed just the back yard, went through some of DH's paper work--probably a bad idea so soon but I have to get some kind of organization going on around here...didn't get much of that done sadly. I just put bunches in a box to go through later as I have been told not to do or throw away anything that may be useful later and I just can't see it now...I have a man coming over Saturday to look over the boxes of transmission things in my shop---so today I moved a few items---oh my there is so much that is personal stuff in the way so I do need to get it put somewhere. Of course it overwhelmed me to no end and I just sat and cried--not that that did much for help for the situation but it did clear the dust out of my eyes! I think I will ask my neighbor who has been my angel to give me a hand just to figure out where I should put it all. Maybe my attic for now...it's my personal Christmas ornaments and I just want to sell them all on ebay so at least they will be in the house. Just to much....sigh.....

Last edited by cynwldkat; 10-16-2014 at 02:06 PM..

Old 10-16-2014, 01:50 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
God bless,peace and love to us all

Old 10-16-2014, 02:25 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
Hi Sudcaro that is fabulous news for baby Suds take lots of pictures.

cyn if you are wanting to sell them do you think putting them up in the attic is a good idea? Then you'd have to be going up there to find then bring them back down. Do you have a spare bedroom to put your personal stuff in perhaps? How are the fur babies doing all better now?

Old 10-16-2014, 05:23 PM

I suppose I could put them on my spare bed in the guest room and if and when anyone does come over I can always move them to the attic for a short time I suppose. I had thought of that too. They have all been boxed and taped shut so they should be bug free--I hope. Hey Jaxson, you are living alone now aren't you? How do you deal with it? I get so lonely. That's why I go to bed as soon as it gets dark and then wake up at 1am. I just don't know how to deal with it. TV doesn't excite me much. I use to fall asleep at about 9pm when my DH watched tv and then we'd go to bed at 11:30pm. It's just so different now--so quiet--weird...I just do not know how to work around this. I thought about reading but my brain can't concentrate right now. Guess it just takes time--a new way of life......

Old 10-16-2014, 10:00 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I suppose I could put them on my spare bed in the guest room and if and when anyone does come over I can always move them to the attic for a short time I suppose. I had thought of that too. They have all been boxed and taped shut so they should be bug free--I hope. Hey Jaxson, you are living alone now aren't you? How do you deal with it? I get so lonely. That's why I go to bed as soon as it gets dark and then wake up at 1am. I just don't know how to deal with it. TV doesn't excite me much. I use to fall asleep at about 9pm when my DH watched tv and then we'd go to bed at 11:30pm. It's just so different now--so quiet--weird...I just do not know how to work around this. I thought about reading but my brain can't concentrate right now. Guess it just takes time--a new way of life......
Hello yes it has been well over a year alone now it is tough in the beginning but I had the TV on just for noise at first. I'd surf the net finding all kinds of interesting things to read & see and got lost at YouTube land quite often. You can spend many hours just clicking on videos to make you laugh, smile, cry or even shock you. Now I cook or bake quite a bit again & give it away to other single neighbors here that don't cook any longer.

I made myself stay in a bible study group which I enjoy. This summer I spent a lot of time on my patio tending to my flowers & raised veggie bed garden. Just go with the flow you'll soon find your rhythm again and you have your critters to keep you company. Of course they will require care and you are a terrific caregiver always have been. I bet next spring & summer your roses will be in full lovely blooms once again. That will bring you joy.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:40 PM

I am beyond tired or even exhausted. I listed a few items, packed a couple to send out, and then hit the shop/garage---oh my, oh my....just so much....I put many of "my" things is one section while bringing in a few items I will try to sell on ebay and then broke down about 20 large boxes--put them in my truck to take to the dump and rearranged many items so the man coming tomorrow could get to the crates a little easier. It isn't perfect but then it's only me here and I can only do so much. Now it's off to the post office and dump then home to try to mow just a little more--maybe. Not sure if I can do that too we'll see.

Old 10-17-2014, 04:06 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Sweetie, as you said, you can only do so much. If people expect perfection, then it's their problem, not yours. But I'm sure noone will judge what your garage looks like!
Bug hugs.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:04 AM

I didn't sleep well at all last night--very nervous about this guy coming today and also.....I called and invited my dear friend in CA to come out here for and extended stay--this is something we planned when I moved out here--she was going to move here to but just never had the chance so now maybe she can. Not sure for how long but she loves to cook, is a great home decorator, did my painting in my house in CA, loves animals and has only one small lap dog--her fur-baby! She wouldn't even come until next month but having someone here over the holidays might be a good idea for both of us. It's something we are thinking about. Not ever sure if it would be just a long visit or a move because she has her doctors in CA and not to sure she would want to change them. The good thing is she owns her own home in CA. so if she decides to stay in CA she can and still visit here when we can afford it!

Old 10-18-2014, 07:15 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
wow, what a wonderful bunch of people on here!!

Cyn, if I could make a suggestion, for the "hard times"

get on youtube, and listen to your favorite songs, favorite movie clips, your favorite interests, etc

I get lost for hours on there in my difficult times-

it is also a great resource for cooking recipes/videos

Old 10-18-2014, 08:49 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Cyn, glad your friend is planning to come and stay for a while, it's going to do you a lot of good!
Big hugs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning