Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 10:25 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am beyond tired or even exhausted. I listed a few items, packed a couple to send out, and then hit the shop/garage---oh my, oh my....just so much....I put many of "my" things is one section while bringing in a few items I will try to sell on ebay and then broke down about 20 large boxes--put them in my truck to take to the dump and rearranged many items so the man coming tomorrow could get to the crates a little easier. It isn't perfect but then it's only me here and I can only do so much. Now it's off to the post office and dump then home to try to mow just a little more--maybe. Not sure if I can do that too we'll see.
Cyn, I'm exhausted just reading about what you're doing- looks like a weeks' work and you did it in one day!? No wonder you're beyond exhausted, and no one could do more!

It sounds like you feel as though you must get as much done as you possibly can, as though it's there, calling to you. But pace yourself, dear lady, it won't go anywhere, and you need to take care of yourself. I know for sure that lawn will wait!

Old 10-18-2014, 10:33 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I didn't sleep well at all last night--very nervous about this guy coming today and also.....I called and invited my dear friend in CA to come out here for and extended stay--this is something we planned when I moved out here--she was going to move here to but just never had the chance so now maybe she can. Not sure for how long but she loves to cook, is a great home decorator, did my painting in my house in CA, loves animals and has only one small lap dog--her fur-baby! She wouldn't even come until next month but having someone here over the holidays might be a good idea for both of us. It's something we are thinking about. Not ever sure if it would be just a long visit or a move because she has her doctors in CA and not to sure she would want to change them. The good thing is she owns her own home in CA. so if she decides to stay in CA she can and still visit here when we can afford it!
I'm so glad to hear your good friend will be coming for a visit with you. And really, what better times than the holidays?

So the guy will be coming today to pick up crates and whatnot, I hope that will go so smoothly you'll wonder why you were nervous, and it's another task accomplished.

It's a beautiful, sunny day here, a *bit* cooler ( that's relative in this neck of the woods), and makes me want to get outside even though we're still fighting these nasty respiratory cruds we have had all week. I hope your weather is beautiful too and you're able to get out and enjoy it.

Many hugs to you!

Old 10-18-2014, 11:38 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Unhappy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat
I didn't sleep well at all last night
Ah sweetie Im so sorry

I really would love to give ya a big hug CYN!!

Old 10-18-2014, 01:48 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Sadly no crates taken today but they did go through a lot of them. Still unsure what we will do with it all but at least they seem to really care and want to help as best as they can. I just talked to my friend in CA and we are like 2 little kids planning an overnight together! It makes me smile. I know my sister will be against it since we all grew up together in Big Bear as friends--a little jealousy there...we may end up having fun together--oh my! Ha! But I did plant the seed with my sister and say I felt I needed some help here and company and that perhaps a roommate may be a good idea--she agreed. But of course having it be a mutual friend may be a problem--well her problem because I am just happy about it all! I just hope it all works out right. Now I have to be ever so careful not to get to excited about it and get my hopes to high--to bad I already have!

Old 10-18-2014, 07:55 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Sweetie, it's great that you have something to look forward to. I'm sure your friend is as excited as you are!
Big hugs

Old 10-18-2014, 08:37 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,528 times
Cyn, being alone for almost 2 1/2 years, I am still not use to being alone. I am so happy for you and your friend. I think it is a good idea. Congrats to you both!!

Old 10-20-2014, 06:05 AM

I had a talk with my other girlfriend who lost her husband a few years ago to ALS and she is a little concerned that I am making big decisions so quickly after my DH's death and I know that is one of the things everyone warns us not to do. So I had a good talk with the girlfriend that is coming out here and we discussed looking at this as an extended visit for now and not moving.....and since she owns her own home in Big Bear that is not a bad idea--plus I can go and visit my friends in Big Bear when I get enough money put aside and will have a place to stay too. Guess we will just have to work on this as it goes along. Tomorrow is the bus trip to Boone with Hospice. I am looking forward to that--getting away from worries here.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:04 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
It sounds like you feel as though you must get as much done as you possibly can, as though it's there, calling to you. But pace yourself, dear lady, it won't go anywhere
My mom did that - zipped through all the closet cleaning, account name changing, etc. etc. like her behind was on fire. That's how she copes.

Me? It'll be three years next week since my spouse died. I'm still clearing out his stuff, deciding what to keep and what to sell, donate or pitch. His clothes are gone and his file cabinet is cleared out, but there's so much more and it takes me so much energy to go through everything. Many times when I go into his office/man cave with the best intentions, all I wind up doing is standing there for a half hour, maybe move or clean or pack one or two items, and then move on to something else in another room.

Honestly, I wish I were more like my mom ... in this one respect, anyway.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:17 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,361 times
Cyn, I am glad to see that you are somehow coping. If keeping really busy is what is working for you, continue doing that. I am also glad to know that your friend will be here for Christmas! hugs to you.

I wonder how elston is. if he reached safe and all.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:55 PM

Knowing elston I am sure he is have the time of his life right about now. He has a way of living life to its fullest!
Today was the trip to Boone with Hospice. We had a very nice bus and the driver was wonderful but I just felt a bit out of place. A lot of these people, mainly women are what my mothers age would have been if she were alive and very sweet but we didn't have much in common except the loss of our husbands. I did meet one younger girl who I did take her number and email address and we plan to meet up. She is an out doors kind of girl and real nice. She works for the Post Office as a mail carrier. I liked her and we did laugh. It was very pretty up there with the colors of the leaves but being raised in a tourist town it didn't impress me the way it did the people from down here. Besides I guess I wasn't much in the mood for shopping but the food at the inn was great and I did eat a lot! So all was not lost but about half way through the day I started getting that sad feeling back and really wanted to be home with my fur-babies holding them. I really got anxious around 7pm and came straight home to feed and love them. It's amazing how much they mean to me right now. Tomorrow Hospice is having a lunch at the local Mexican restaurant but I am still pondering going. We'll see. I really need to sit right here and work on listing items to sell. Seems like that's all I do anymore.... Anyhow I am home and all is well and I hope everyone had a lovely day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning