Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2016, 08:23 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times

Advertisements

I know elston--guess I keep hoping he will change...not looking like that is going to happen.
I got the dogs yard mowed--it's already muggy hot so I decided that was enough besides the grass is still pretty wet. Feeling a little melancholy today...just one of those days. Trying to keep busy!

Old 05-03-2016, 07:43 AM

My Dish satellite isn't working right....can't even get it to go on half the time so they are sending out someone and changing me over to basic channels and a new satellite--hope it doesn't cost anything. All I watch is a little news (it's nice to know the weather) and a couple of early shows so I don't need all the extras. I finally slept last night--whew! I was so tired. I slept until 6:30 which is unheard of for me! I went to my doctors office this morning for my blood work-up for my physical and since I slept in late I figured it was perfect timing--no time for eating or drinking! Still rainy here and lots of lightening and thunder off and on. Now I have to wait for the "Dish" guy who is suppose to be here between noon and 5pm. They said it will take him a couple of hours to reset everything. Hope he can do it in the rain! Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 05-03-2016, 03:07 PM

TV is up and going at no cost to me--yes! Very nice man! I wanted to go out and mow a bit but now there is lightening and thunder. Guess not a good time!
My doctor's office called and moved up my appointment to tomorrow as he had a cancellation so at least I can get it all over and done! Not my favorite thing to do. So now I can relax and watch a little tv....have a lovely evening all!

Old 05-03-2016, 03:58 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Have a nice evening cyn. Glad the TV is back in operation....at not expense to you!

Old 05-04-2016, 05:08 AM

Good morning everyone. Looks like a nice weather day here. I found a tick on my leg this morning---I didn't notice it last night...ugh! I don't think it had been on long enough to cause problems but I will keep an eye on it and point it out to my doctor this morning anyhow. I did a little bit of mowing before dark and I'm sure that is where it came from. That just tells me I have to get this whole yard mowed soon now.
Had a bit of an overwhelming thing happen after the tv guy left---my phones wouldn't work. It kept telling me to check the lines. Well we have more line around here then Carter has pills so after a whole lot of trouble shooting and believe me I am not very good at that but I did find the problem. Still not sure if it is right but everything is working so until someone comes by that knows about technical things I'll just leave it be. I'm just happy to have everything working right now. Time to jump in the shower and then to my doctor...tonight is work and this week is my hard work with more days and hours so keep positive thoughts for me please! Thank you...Have a blessed day!

Old 05-04-2016, 05:57 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Have a good day cyn. I hope the dr visit is totally uneventful!

Old 05-04-2016, 06:37 AM

Thank you--me too!

Old 05-04-2016, 01:10 PM

Doctors visit went well...have some things we need to watch but for now they are okay. I think it's my diet so I need to work on that! I mowed the rest of my yard--whew! I am tired and now I must feed my critters and go to work. I decided to work hard and stay busy--until I feel like I am about to drop and then maybe I will sleep and not have as much anxiety?! We'll see. So time to feed my babies now--hope all is well for all of you!

Old 05-05-2016, 05:24 AM

Yesterdays working hard payed off as far as less anxiety but I was awakened by my neighbor leaving at 4am and of course then couldn't get back to sleep. At least I got 6 hours of sleep and am preparing for my long hard stocking day at work.
A woman came in yesterday to the store who had lost her beloved mother the day before---she was really having a hard time of course especially since she was an only child. I went over and gave her a hug and told her she was normal and just to do what we all have to learn--take it one day at a time and to take as long to heal as necessary. There is no time limit! She was so grateful just to have someone care... At least she had her much loved little dog with her so I know that helped!
Cold and rainy today--weather here is always a surprise! Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 05-06-2016, 05:01 AM

Wow--I can't believe it--I kept falling asleep in my chair watching tv last night early during the news and finally decided to lay down in bed and take a nap. I didn't wake back up until after 9pm! I figured I'd never go back to sleep. I got up and did my chores I hadn't finished earlier and went back to bed by 10:30pm and actually slept pretty well until 5am only waking up a couple of times. I must have really been tired. I think because it's actually cold out right now that may have helped. I hate turning my a/c down to much because of the cost....but I may have to turn it down a bit more during the summer months. Sleep feels pretty good!
It's still rainy here and pretty cool. Hope you all have a nice day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning