Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2016, 01:22 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times

Advertisements

Im glad he is ok

Old 07-01-2016, 02:42 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Me too. My daughter should be in NC by now---I can hardly wait. It will be a couple of days but I may drive to their house to see them sooner!
I am happy my friend checked out okay and yes, water is a biggie for everyone.
Bella is being rotten--she ate my sandwich after turning her nose up at her food. I have to start getting serious. She has me running circles...silly me.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:56 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Me too. My daughter should be in NC by now---I can hardly wait. It will be a couple of days but I may drive to their house to see them sooner!
I am happy my friend checked out okay and yes, water is a biggie for everyone.
Bella is being rotten--she ate my sandwich after turning her nose up at her food. I have to start getting serious. She has me running circles...silly me.
I have the same problems feeding 2 of my three.....I end up cooking and cutting up chicken for them.....and trying to coax them into eating..but lacing their dog food with pepperoni or salami. This is ridiculous.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:06 AM

I know eslton. If she had had a good life in her early years and was not going through physical problems I know I wouldn't be doing this for her but my animals are basically my family and well that is what we do...take care of them. The cost is what most difficult but it is worth it to me. I poached up some chicken this morning for Bella and am going to attempt to lace it through her dry food. Last night she had black forest ham laced through a bit of dry food and a couple of hot dogs. Anything to fill her tummy especially with taking antibiotics. I think losing my husband made me even more willing to work to keep these animals healthy! I do love them. At least I know I am not alone in my actions. Yes, ridiculous but I will most likely keep trying. Shower and then off to work now. Have a blessed day!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 07-02-2016 at 06:43 AM..

Old 07-02-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I know eslton. If she had had a good life in her early years and was not going through physical problems I know I wouldn't be doing this for her but my animals are basically my family and well that is what we do...take care of them. The cost is what most difficult but it is worth it to me. I poached up some chicken this morning for Bella and am going to attempt to lace it through her dry food. Last night she had black forest ham laced through a bit of dry food and a couple of hot dogs. Anything to fill her tummy especially with taking antibiotics. I think losing my husband made me even more willing to work to keep these animals healthy! I do love them. At least I know I am not alone in my actions. Yes, ridiculous but I will most likely keep trying. Shower and then off to work now. Have a blessed day!
You are not alone my dear! But somehow i think the nitrate laden hot dogs and cold cuts are not really "keeping them healthy". My girls love chicken gizzards and I do boil up a bunch of those to entice their royal majesties to eat.

Spoiled rotten but Loved to Pieces. My dogs are all rescues and had a tough start in life too.

Old 07-02-2016, 07:37 AM

354 posts, read 415,175 times
I have a new dog, she is the joy of my life. She is a finicky eater. I do all of the above. I have to be careful because she does get sick to her stomach quite often. She is spending time with her Grandma and animal cousins. I broke my arm/wrist for third time and it was operated on a week ago. I can't take care of her in this condition. I hope all is well with everyone. Wishing you a Happy 4th of July.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:57 AM

I just made a bowl full of Pimento Cheese Spread to take to the pot luck after quaker meeting, tomorrow. "Pimento Cheese Spread" is a southern thang........and very popular down here. (most of the meeting is from up north however....so we'll see how it goes over.) I will take celery and Ritz crackers and let them "suit themselves".

Old 07-02-2016, 01:17 PM

I know elston--the health issues but poor little Bella has had more then her share of "junk food" and hard as I try I just cannot seem to break her. There are days--few and far between when she will eat her "good food" but right now as I mentioned with the medication I just want something in her tummy. Besides she is 11 years old--I just want her happy!

Old 07-02-2016, 01:23 PM

cyn......I dont think I ever saw a Basset Hound that looked happy.....

Old 07-02-2016, 03:58 PM

When we take our morning walks I have to say I have to very happy dogs! Their whole bodies wiggle with excitement and they do smile--or maybe I just see it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning