Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 06:52 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,526,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Sorry to hear Felix had a bad day....I know how hard that is. Hope he feels better tomorrow!
Have a therapy appointment with my Hospice therapist today. My regular therapist is out of the country for the month. I got some idea of my blood work results but not sure what it means yet. My doctor is out of town for the week and his nurse wasn't much help except to tell my my triglycerides are up 30 points--yikes! I know it's my poor eating habits so I'll need to work on that. She said everything else looks about the same.
Another beautiful day here---hope everyone has a blessed day!
For some reason my cholesterol is always fine. I don't eat right either! I eat fast food, french fries, and lots of meat and hardly ever eat any veggies. I bet my ancestors had great health. They lived hearty lives and were programmed to the hunter-gatherer diet of feast and famine.

On another note, a big THANK YOU to elston from Felix. He's been staying in bed a lot. He said he is resting, but his resting, naps, and sleep are all coming together nowadays.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:00 AM

48,104 posts, read 21,987,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post

On another note, a big THANK YOU to elston from Felix. He's been staying in bed a lot. He said he is resting, but his resting, naps, and sleep are all coming together nowadays.
............and tell Felix he is very welcome and that I send him good wishes. I think Felix has earned his rest and is leaning into it. Does he get out to church? I know that is important to him.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:37 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,294,133 times
I was the same up until my DH passed away redbird The genes on one side of my family are great and I usually follow that side. I guess all the things I've gone through both emotionally and physically have taken it's toll on my health. I just hope I can get it back to what it once was without medications.
If I could learn to relax I'm sure it would help!

Old 11-11-2016, 04:42 AM

Please keep positive thoughts for me while I drive today and for my doctors appointment for my arm. I sure appreciate it! Driving on these narrow winding roads in the early morning scares me a bit--especially with all the wildlife! I will take it slow and easy!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 11-11-2016, 05:39 AM

48,104 posts, read 21,987,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Please keep positive thoughts for me while I drive today and for my doctors appointment for my arm. I sure appreciate it! Driving on these narrow winding roads in the early morning scares me a bit--especially with all the wildlife! I will take it slow and easy!
Have a blessed day everyone!
Of course cyn............trusting that you will get there and back again safely. Also hoping that the Dr's appointment goes well.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:12 AM

Thanks elston. I'm back home....for some reason my BP was up again. Maybe just the anxiety of the drive. The doctor said the right arm had tried to heal since it's been so long but the left arm is torn pretty badly. We're going to try exercise and I got 2 cortisone shots. Ouch! Now my arms really hurt but he said they will begin to feel better in a few days. I may need another set of shots in a couple of months he said--we'll see. Now I can go to the "Y" and have that girl coach me!!

Old 11-11-2016, 04:20 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,484,843 times
Just follow your trainer's advice and take it easy on your arm as it heals, cyn. Everyone have good Friday nights. I'm working tonight and Saturday, then I get Sun. - Wed. nights off, so I can study for my Registry credential exam coming up in a month or month and a half. Good old fashioned cramming will suit me for weeks on end!

Old 11-12-2016, 05:16 AM

Good luck with your exams elkotronics!
Good morning everyone. Looks like we are about to have a cold spell here starting tonight--freezing! I lost my one outdoor faucet cover so guess I have to pick up another at the store today after work.
I thought I'd have no pain once I got these shots but man, last night was really bad. Once the freezing medication wore off it really was sore. It is starting to feel better today. The doctor said it will take a few days to start working. In the meantime he doesn't want me to do anything and to take it real easy. I will work and when I called in to my boss yesterday I told he what all I was told and he said for me not to worry he will make sure I am taken care of! How nice! Made me feel good!
Have a blessed day!

Old 11-12-2016, 09:05 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,820,150 times
I hope it gets warmer for ya CYN and ya feel better

We all love ya so much!!!!!!!!!

Good luck elko!!

Old 11-13-2016, 04:35 AM

In the 20's this morning---Brrrr. But the dogs still need walking so we braved the cold! Not to sure if I can make church this morning. Besides my arms being sore still the back of my house has no heat--I use those portable heaters and am not sure if I'm up to even trying to take a shower and wash my hair. Not sure yet...I'm heating the bathroom right now just in case.
Have a wonderful day everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.