Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2017, 04:40 AM

48,128 posts, read 22,002,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
It was a very hard day. It was just me and the boss and we had 5 huge pallets full of animal food!! I was so tired. Plus my register kept acting up...not sure why but it would not stay up I had to sign in each time I used it. Very stressing. Then about noon it just started working. I got home and was exhausted. But at least I worked!
Hope everyone has a lovely day!

"It's like my father always said to me, he said to me, he said, Roseanna Roseanadana, it's always something. If it isn't one thing--it's another! (Gilda Radner SNL show)

This seems to sum up your day. Hang In There cyn.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:19 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Yep, that's the truth elston!

Old 02-24-2017, 01:51 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Im sorry it was a hard day honey

I hope this weekend is good to you!!

Old 02-24-2017, 03:24 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I don't usually post on this thread - I haven't read through it (it's hundreds of pages long) but I always thought it was basically for people who have lost a spouse or significant other.

That's not me - I did lose my dad a few months ago though. His death was unexpected and though he was 78, he was so vital and alive and active - he had the stroke while he was body guard training of all things! If that gives you some idea of how active and engaged in life he was. He had his own business and was still working part time, just because he enjoyed it.

I was really a daddy's girl - the oldest and only daughter and the only child who lives near my parents (my two younger brothers both have lived far away for many years).

The weather has been so beautiful the past few days and for some reason this has made me think about my dad a lot. He loved being outdoors and he loved the specialness of every season. I've been doing some projects around the house and yard and keep thinking, "I wish I could show this to Dad."

I've also been doing some redecorating since the holidays and winter are over - putting some spring like touches out throughout the house. Doing so, I realized how many of these little things my dad gave to me over the years. He had a really good, appreciative eye for decorating and he knew exactly what I like - and would often surprise me with some little cute doodad he had found at an estate sale or antique shop, or something that had belonged to his mom that he decided to give me as a present.

So he's been on my mind so much lately.

I framed the last picture taken of him - I took it out on my back patio just about a week before his stroke. He was a very vain (and good looking) man and honestly, this is not the "best" picture of him, because his little pot belly shows (he hated that) and he doesn't have a dashingly handsome look on his face - he just has a kindly look and a gentle smile on his face. But I cannot tell you how much I love that picture.

Sometimes I can go all day and just occasionally think of him in passing. Some days I am frustrated with him because there are so many moving parts to his estate and I feel overwhelmed with it all. Some days I'm fine till suddenly a deep, wrenching pain comes out of nowhere - and then passes. But for the past three or four days, what I've felt is a poignant, slow simmering longing for his company, his smile, his happy chatter about whatever project one of us is doing.

I hope that heaven is real and that he's having an amazing time there.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:25 AM

Im so sorry Kathryn.... Thank you for checking in

Old 02-25-2017, 04:27 AM

Yes, thank you Kathryn for your lovely post. Your loss hit me hard.....I know the feeling and can feel your pain. The memories are the most important thing to have. It sounds like you have those well stored away in your heart! Good!
Work for me today.....hope it goes better then Thursday! Rain for the next few days and colder. We have been blessed with a mild winter so far.
Good morning Dude!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 02-25-2017, 09:37 PM

7,043 posts, read 6,293,948 times
I haven't been posting because I was going through a pretty severe bout of depression. My doctor had taken me off one medication & that may have been part of it.

Then I remembered an intern saying if I took my night pill it would help with my depression so I started taking it & today I managed to get a grip on the kitchen mess, vacuum & sweep.

I also took a couple of walks. It was snowing but it was that beautiful soft snow. It felt wonderful.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:48 PM

Im so sorry MEO,I will say a prayer things get better for you soon

Hello CYN....I hope your weekend is going well!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2017, 10:38 PM

7,043 posts, read 6,293,948 times
Thanks Dude. I am better now. I almost posted a couple of times but don't often share my depression, which is wrong.

I'm hoping the Tennessee views will lift me up. I'm the type of person who needs nature & space.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:32 AM

My heart goes out to you meo! It seems like 3 steps forward and 2 back.....I know I also have been having bouts with depression. I haven't stopped my meds but circumstances have been a big part of my problems. But I suppose that's life! You take care and stay strong. Never feel badly about posting your depression---sometimes just talking about it with others helps and always remember we are here to support you!
Today is church. Winter is back--cold today. I did get another day back at work--it's a Sunday afternoon starting next week. So I now am back to where I was but we do not know for how long these hours and days will last. I'm grateful for today!
Everyone have a blessed day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning