Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 05:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times

Advertisements

Blessings to you all. Busy day, running errands, cutting grass, medical appointments for myself! I get very frustrated because the pain in my leg and numbness in my foot slow me down. I was not very nice today and then cried and cried. Sometimes I feel he doesn't help himself enough and just is laying down and giving up. Simple things he should be able to do...guess I'm just very stressed. My baby had a playdate with neighbors dogs. Neighbor is wonderful and helps me out so much. She was happy as she had some one to run with. Tomorrow he will take them over near the river so they can swim. I need to count my blessings and stop feeling sorry for myself!

Old 06-09-2017, 04:53 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
You are just normal Ellwood. I cannot tell you all the times I find myself on that "Pity-Potty". It's so easy to get there and a lot of work to get out of it but you have to get back up and dust yourself off.....I also have so many blessings that I often forget so my girlfriend gave me a "blessing jar". Any kind of jar or box will do but when you get a blessing write it down and stick it in the container so when you are having down times you can go and read some of them. It helps a lot. Being a caregiver is very stressful and we are only human so be kind to yourself! I got so tired I felt like you thinking my DH wasn't trying or giving up but I think they are just tired of the situation....Some days are worse then others! Hope today is better!
Guess I am not working today but I have lots of things to do. My boss did ask if I could work a couple of hours tomorrow but tomorrow is my day with my family and that is more important to me. Yes, I need to make the money but my mental and physical health are equally important and I think being with family is a healthy thing!
The wife and her kids of the man who recently passed away from ALS next door are going on a cruise today so I am taking care of their dog, cat and turtle plus feeding the outside birds. I already do that all except the turtle and I will keep him here in my home. I always give the kitty and little dog some food because I worry they get forgotten with all that has been going on there.
The weather here is perfect!! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 06-09-2017, 06:06 AM

48,125 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Have fun cyn. I get the animal thing. My world revolves around my animals. I am totally ok with that too. Like yours they take care of me. 5 or 6 hours for the dog is about tops here but I have been away 7 hours before and no messes. Of course the kitties have their litter boxes.

I had an unexpected call to go see a friend that is just in from her home in Alaska and she is leaving to go back tomorrow so I dashed out to visit with her for a little bit. Was so good to see her and her Mom and babies too. I missed driving over a rattle snake in the road driving up there but the truck coming the other way nailed it. I said a little prayer for it and tried not to look when I came back by.

Watered all day yesterday and finished up this morning just in time for it to start raining. LOL the good news is the house is cleaned and chores are done so this gives me opportunity to work on my mosaics. Happy Happy. i will listen to soothing music or my audio book and just enjoy the rest of my day.

Have a good one I am off to be creative.
I have a spiritual practice when I see an animal killed on the road. I mentally reach out to it's spirit to comfort it; traumatic and painful death can leave the spirit in shock and unable to readily pass to the otherside.....so I let my spirit hold the deceased and then provide assistance to help it cross over the boundaries of the physical world to the spirit world....and then linger to watch it scamper away or carefully explore its new home.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:09 AM

I love your spiritual practices elston.....good share!

Old 06-09-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I love your spiritual practices elston.....good share!
Thank You cyn. I know my beliefs and practices are not main stream.....so sometimes I hesitate to share them.......wanting to avoid controversy.....I almost didnt post this one......but it has so much in common with the preceeding post by "Shades" in which she said that she says a prayer when she sees a dead animal on the road.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:26 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I only wish I could be half as together as you are Shades. Always going, doing and sound happy. You have a good attitude and you share it--thank you!
Hahaha not sure how together I really am cyn. When I went to town the other day I forgot what side the gas tank was on and pulled up to the pump wrong. Did not realize until I had already done my card thing. So pulled around to the other side but DOH I still am on the wrong side. So had to then back up and pull in the other direction. I am sure I was giving some one a good laugh.

The rest of yesterday went well. Got a good start on a window I am doing for my master bath. It will sit in the window. Not directly on my bathroom window but in front of it. Hopefully with a few inches air space there will not be mold. I might lift it up a little to let air in the bottom too.

Had a great nights sleep. I am starting to get used to the wrist braces now. At first they were really bothering me. Woke to sun streaming in the bedroom but not sure it is going to stay that way. I would love another day to work on my window with out guilt I should be working in the yard.

elston that is a wonderful thing you do for the road side animals. I never thought of praying for them as being the same but I guess it is and from now on I will add in your thoughts on this too. I think I was trying to connect with them in some way and give them comfort.

cyn I am glad you are helping your neighbor. It is so hard to get trustworthy animal care in the home. I used to do that for extra money for people. Was a fun job. And also I think you are right to spend the time with your family over working. A couple hours work verses a day with your family. Priceless.

ellwood I remember those days well. I remember just laying my head down on the kitchen counter at night after I got Joe finally in bed and just crying because I still had so much left to do and I was exhausted myself but had to keep going to be ready for morning and praying I would be able to get sleep during the night. I never knew. I sure hope the pain in your leg can be resolved. As a caretaker you do not need more on your plate to have to deal with.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:23 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times
Deleting double post sorry.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:32 AM

Busy day today. I am going to my sons house to celebrate one grand daughters birthday and the other grand daughters 8th grade graduation. They are all going bowling and since I can't bowl because of my arms I will come home when they go. Hopefully my dogs will be fine.
My washing machine keeps giving me "error" messages so I guess it's replacement time. Back to the old charge card. Then to find someone to install it. I've never had to do any of this as my husband did it all so I'm a little anxious about it all not to mention the money..ugh! I guess it's that time when things start breaking!
Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 06-10-2017 at 05:38 AM..

Old 06-10-2017, 05:44 AM

Good Luck cyn with the washer. With dog bedding and blankets...you might do better with a front loader.....that post in the middle of the top loaders...makes it hard to do larger items. I just sent you a DM about my experience.

Old 06-10-2017, 01:26 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,527,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
With my beloved pets ...... who have passed. I find it helps me to think of them "going on ahead" My darling Hannah is just up beyond the bend of the trail....waiting for me to catch up....before she bounds ahead again. That was the way it was when we hiked on steep trails in NH....she would disappear ahead and then wait to joyfully greet me when I caught up.....for my one assent up the Mt....she probably climbed it 10 times.....going ahead and then coming back to check on me and then blazing the trail again.

I haven't been here for awhile, but what Elston said struck a chord.

I love red Dobermans...it was never planned, our first Dobie was a rescue...all of our dogs have been rescues, we believe very strongly in that.

I had a rescue Dobie we called Justy. She had been through hell. She loved the entire family, but she was MY girl.

We did a lot of hiking in the woods. She would bound off to chase deer, but I knew she would come back. If we were going uphill, she would always be about 4 switchbacks above me, then come back to check on me if she did not see me...I would be slowly chugging along. When she knew I was OK, off she would go, then check back.

One day we were climbing uphill, & she was, once again, above me...she stopped dead in her tracks & fixed her eyes on something below me...did not move, just stared. I looked behind me, & there was a very strange-looking man about 2 switchbacks below me. I hadn't heard a thing. He looked at her...then at me...then turned around & went back down the trail. She was always looking out for me, & made me feel safe.

She was my dog of a lifetime, I believe. She's gone now, other dogs have come & gone since then, & we have dogs now that someone else didn't want, for whatever reason.

I don't know about a rainbow bridge, or even a god, as my faith has been strongly tested, but if there is anything past this earth, our critters will be with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning