Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2014, 02:32 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times

Advertisements

Went to church and then to Verizon for lessons for this iphone5---guess I didn't hear the guy right the lessons are next Sunday but I was blessed as this nice man felt bad for me and showed me some basics--enough to get me through until next Sunday anyhow. Tomorrow afternoon I pick up my friend at Charlotte international...I am so excited but of course there has to be a problem as well---Taz is going to the vet for her last visit tomorrow morning. She is beside herself--wants outside--so confused and it is just sad, constantly yowling. It's not pain it's simple confusion. She is eating but not enough.....the time has just come and of course it has to happen now. I knew it was coming...I knew...I prayed God would take her in her sleep but that has not happened. So first thing tomorrow morning Taz and I will take our last trip together to the vets office. I cannot explain the pain I am feeling but most of you know. I did give her a little bit of one of my Lorazapham to try to calm her down. Bless her heart. She and I must have walked miles today---I just wanted her to get to smell and touch all of the outdoors before tomorrow. It is going to be a very long night for me..................

Old 12-28-2014, 02:58 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Went to church and then to Verizon for lessons for this iphone5---guess I didn't hear the guy right the lessons are next Sunday but I was blessed as this nice man felt bad for me and showed me some basics--enough to get me through until next Sunday anyhow. Tomorrow afternoon I pick up my friend at Charlotte international...I am so excited but of course there has to be a problem as well---Taz is going to the vet for her last visit tomorrow morning. She is beside herself--wants outside--so confused and it is just sad, constantly yowling. It's not pain it's simple confusion. She is eating but not enough.....the time has just come and of course it has to happen now. I knew it was coming...I knew...I prayed God would take her in her sleep but that has not happened. So first thing tomorrow morning Taz and I will take our last trip together to the vets office. I cannot explain the pain I am feeling but most of you know. I did give her a little bit of one of my Lorazapham to try to calm her down. Bless her heart. She and I must have walked miles today---I just wanted her to get to smell and touch all of the outdoors before tomorrow. It is going to be a very long night for me..................
Cyn, I'm so sorry, it hurts so much to see a beloved pet in such a bad way and know there's only one thing left you can do for her as a friend and caretaker, and it's the hardest thing in the world for you to do.

I guess it dawned on me some time ago- don't know where I have been- that the loss of cognitive function is a natural process before death, I knew this happened for people, but for some reason, I didn't think about it happening for our pets too. It's a sure sign, I think, when they're no longer "oriented" to their routine and to things they always did, and they come to where they aren't even aware of their beloved people, either. It hurts to see them like this, but I hope it makes things a little easier for them.

But you know, and Taz knows, that you've given her a wonderful life, your love and dedication, and she loves you back. No critter could have had a better life than that.

Timing always seems to stink, doesn't it? Yet you'll have your good friend there to share your burdens, do things with and talk endlessly with as you share your plans for the present and future, and that'll make it a little easier.

Take care of yourself, and I know you'll make the most of your remaining time with Taz as you comfort her as she takes her last journey. She might not seem aware of much, but she will know you are right there as you have always been. (((Cyn)))))

Old 12-28-2014, 04:15 PM

Thank you!

Old 12-28-2014, 04:33 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Taz needs you to be strong and calm.....you know that and will do your best.....we all know that.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:30 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,320,581 times
I am so sorry you have to say goodbye to Taz, but she had a wonderful life thanks to you, and you are doing what is best for her. Big hugs.

Last edited by Sudcaro; 12-28-2014 at 05:42 PM..

Old 12-28-2014, 07:49 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
(((Hugs))) for you and Taz.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:34 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Gentle hugs for Taz she'll have OL waiting on her big long hug for you cyn. Your friend coming will help occupy your time to help you heal of your losses this season at least for while she is there.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:54 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Good Morning cyn. Be brave this morning. You are doing the right thing for Taz.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:37 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,074,651 times
Oh my dear friend Cyn, a month ago you offered up prayers for me when my precious Abby died. Now those same prayers for strength for you are being offered up today. Thinking of you always.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:41 AM

RIP my love my Taz.................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning