Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2017, 04:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times

Advertisements

Good morning all! I got home from work and had a message from an old friend in CA...I already knew in my heart her husband had passed as he has been fighting cancer for quite a while now.. I called her back and he passed in Aug from the cancer. They had been married 49 years. She is so lost. I know what she is feeling. I felt so badly for her. I advised her to seek out a good therapist. I know that helped me plus a grief group. At least she does have family and friends close by. That will help. I will call her often just to let her know I am here!
Work was crazy--our big delivery truck came in yesterday instead of Thursday and it had a4 very large pallets of animal food etc. It got there when I did at 3pm. We had to call in another worker just to get most of it done. Lots of work!
Hope all is well with elko. Would love to hear from him soon!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 09-16-2017 at 04:56 AM..

Old 09-17-2017, 05:17 AM

Oh September--so many emotions. Yesterday was my step daughters birthday--she was the one whose husband shot and killed her and then himself. But I am going to do my best to follow elstons very good advise. Keep moving forward--one day at a time!
Church today. Have a blessed day!

Old 09-17-2017, 05:18 AM

48,122 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Good Morning Everyone. Sunday Meeting for me today; We couldnt have meeting last Sunday because of the hurricane. It will be good to see everyone again.

I hope elko and his wife are making progress on their move to the west coast.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:37 PM

Good Night Friends. All night All Day....angels watching over me my Lord All night all night..... A n g e l s watching over me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwO_pN0UnvQ

Old 09-18-2017, 05:01 AM

Thank you elston! A nice wake-up message!
I have several little things to get done today so hopefully I will stay busy.
I have to have the air conditioning guy come back out and adjust the fan on the a/c as it is way to loud and doesn't seem to be putting out much air? Hopefully he will be able to fix it as it is heating up here again!
Hope to hear from elko soon!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 09-19-2017, 04:30 AM

Good morning everyone. This thread is nearing it's end I am afraid. It has been a life saver for me but most other posters have moved on. It saddens me since this is one place I look forward to reading everyday.....I'll keep checking in and I hope others do too!
Have a great day!

Old 09-19-2017, 04:44 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times
My 81 yr. old, one and only sister, passed on 9/12/17 after many years of suffering. The memorial service is Thursday 9/21 at 6 p.m. followed by dinner and fellowship. Burial is Friday. I had 77 years with my sister which was a Blessing. I will be moving on after Friday, and cherishing our memories. Having spent hours with her on her last painful days, she insisted on the following: "Continue on, enjoy life and be happy. Life is for living, not grieving". I am grateful for the time with my sister, and also that I am self employed and still work about 60 hours a week. Being able and working is a blessing at my age, even more in sad times.

Last edited by rdlr; 09-19-2017 at 05:11 AM..

Old 09-19-2017, 05:06 AM

rdlr......I am so sorry to hear of the death of your sister this past week; but I am also happy that you had the time together and an oppurtunity to say good bye and for her to give you the wonderful advice of "continue on, enjoy life and be happy; Life is for the living, not grieving."

Old 09-19-2017, 05:12 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times
Thank you elston! Glad you and your husband are well and safe, after Florida's horrible disaster.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning everyone. This thread is nearing it's end I am afraid. It has been a life saver for me but most other posters have moved on. It saddens me since this is one place I look forward to reading everyday.....I'll keep checking in and I hope others do too!
Have a great day!
Good Morning. Cyn, I hear what you are saying and feeling about this thread. I know it has been a very important part of your grieving process....but more than that....a source of support and encouragement as you face "Life Beyond Loss." The sub-title that you so aptly gave to your thread.

Perhaps the thread is at a cross roads.....having said so much already about grief and mourning.....I think most of the original posters have moved on....and are dealing with different issues in their lives.

rdlr's sister's advice to Get On with Living and enjoying life is a fitting post at this time.

I will continue to come here, as a friend......but it is more like stopping by to say hello .and exchange a friendly greeting...when I am in the neighborhood...there isnt much more that I can say to help you or others with grieving.

I agree with your previous conclusions that your finances and health (shoulder) issues are your main problems at this point.....and they are related to your widowhood....but not a matter of grief resolution. They are more a matter of problem solving. Social involvement is a third component that I see as important.

Like I said....I will continue to stop by but I think we are all (you included) a bit at a loss for what more to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning