Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 06:29 AM

815 posts, read 980,310 times

Advertisements

Good morning all! As far as the anxiety, I do not take any prescription medications.
At night, I take 5 mg melatonin to help me sleep.
I recently started taking a powdered magnesium supplement at night called "Natural Calm". I really helps me sleep soundly and has totally eliminated me waking up at 3:00 am with my mind racing. So I get a good nights rest and I find that I have less anxiety during the day.
It probably helps that I've been keeping very busy doing spring cleaning in my house and yard. The relatively cold winter (for north Florida) and a bout with the flu had me in a total funk. Now that the temperatures are back to normal (actually ABOVE normal, which I love) I have plenty to do to keep me occupied and productive

Old 02-28-2018, 04:05 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Good morning everyone. Hope you all have a blessed day!

Old 02-28-2018, 05:06 AM

Molly, where can I find that powdered magnesium supplement? Sounds like something I might try! I did not sleep well at all last night! Just before it was time to go to bed I noticed the smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling?! It's happened before not sure why! Anyhow when I it screwed it back in the ceiling the light turned red! This is hard wired with a battery back up but when the battery gets old it starts beeping non-stop. So just to be safe I drove to the little store a couple of miles from me and got a new 9volt battery and tried to install it. I had a heck of a time getting the old battery out so I called my neighbor and he told me to use a flat screwdriver to work it out. Finally got it out and the new one in and screwed the detector back in the ceiling it seems to be okay. It's hard for me to do things over my head on a ladder with my right arm still so weak but I did it! I think very soon I need to get some extra batteries to have on hand here and get a new flashlight as the one I use everyday when I walk the dogs in the dark is going bad and the batteries cost more then the flashlight! Anyhow I think because I was all worked up before I went to bed made for a bad nights sleep.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:52 AM

Great job handling the smoke detector crisis! Those things save lives, but they sure can be a hassle to keep the batteries changed.
Yes, get some spare batteries. It's a good investment and will save you time and aggravation in the future!

I ordered the Natural Calm from Amazon. I recommend the unflavored. You slowly build up your dosage so as not to upset your bowels. Took about a week before I felt the full benefit, but it is just amazing how I sleep through the night now. I didn't even take a melatonin last night and slept solid for 8 hours

Read up on the effects of low magnesium. It is very interesting, because most people are magnesium deficient.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:31 AM

Good morning! Where is everyone? Hope all is well.......

Old 03-01-2018, 05:47 AM

I know--it's really been quiet here! Hope that is a good sign but I sure miss reading the posts!
Happy you and elston always stop in! My tv decided not to work this morning so I plugged and unplugged it and played with a few buttons and it started working. It's raining pretty hard so maybe that was a part of it. Now my dogs don't want to go out in the rain...oh my! Maybe later. Hope this day improves! LOL! Have a blessed day!

Old 03-01-2018, 06:37 AM

48,121 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Good Morning cyn and molly. I do stop by everyday.....I dont always have anything to say. There is stuff going on in my life....but often its nothing to do with the topic of this thread. But I do carry you with me in my heart....so stop by each morning to say hello.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:06 AM

I had strange day yesterday. Just very emotional. I think the weather has a lot to do with that! I did push myself to get some things done. Today is very windy!
Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Old 03-02-2018, 04:35 AM

48,121 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Good Morning. Yesterday was mostly a "lost day" for me. I had a service provider make an appointment for a house call on Wednesday for "Thursday between the hours of 10-11". He didnt show up. I must have misheard him (entirely possible) because later that afternoon he called to say he had said, "next Thursday". The problem was compounded because I had called in another person for the appointment.

When I lived in the midwest the expression would have been "Thursday-a-week" meaning not this Thursday but a week from
Thursday. That would have avoided the misunderstanding.

Oh well no harm done.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:17 AM

It happens elston! I often need to call back to make sure I have the day right on doctor appointments. Hope today is better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning