Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2018, 04:45 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

This is one of my favorite spring poems; we are all so temporal...and need to make the most of each day. There is no time to waste.

Loveliest of Trees by A.E. Housman

Loveliest of trees, the cherry now

Is hung with bloom along the bough,

And stands about the woodland ride

Wearing white for Eastertide.

Now, of my three score years and ten,

Twenty will not come again,

And take from seventy springs a score,

It only leaves me fifty more.

And since to look at things in bloom

Fifty springs are little room,

About the woodlands I will go

To see the cherry hung with snow.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:03 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Very nice elston. Thank you for sharing!

Old 04-29-2018, 07:58 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I already have 2 pet sitting jobs in May! One for the Groomer at out store for a week taking care of her cats and another for a woman with a schnauzer that the groomer recommended me. That one is for 4 days. Also my vet said he'd put out the word!
My new washing machine is suppose to be delivered on Tuesday. It's strange, when my husband was here it would have been a fun exciting time but for some reason I am just anxious. I suppose it is the money and knowing it's all up to me.
Enjoy you time off Elko!
Hope everyone has a blessed day.
Your post made me think of, “The Lord will provide”. You have a new expense, but a new source of income, too.

I’m also thinking that I hope you will be charging enough.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:34 PM

I'm asking $25.00 a day--that seems to be the going rate! I had no clue but this lady offered that and I have heard that is about right. I know gentlearts, I kept thinking the same thing about "The Lord Will Provide". Pretty amazing.

Old 04-29-2018, 04:07 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Indeed - Matthew 6:33 says "Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you. 34 "So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles."

Applies perfectly to your situation, cyn, and it applies to all of the rest of us as well!

Old 04-29-2018, 11:28 PM

354 posts, read 415,175 times
Hi Cyn,
Dog sitting in my area, central Arizona, is becoming popular. The rates here are $35 to $45 a day. It is hard to find someone to come to your house to spend the night. Most people take their pets to the pet sitters. I talked my friend into it, she is a widow with limited amount of income. The man dropped of his dogs with very little food and left them with her for almost two weeks, when he arrived to pick them up, he said he did not have the money to pay her right now. She never did get any money and she ended up paying for their dog food. My advice is to ask for the money in advance. Also, make sure the pets shots are updated. You will make a exceptional dog sitter.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:31 AM

Good advise Granite. So far I am blessed because these 2 jobs are both for reputable people. One is the groomer at our store and the other was referred by our groomer and also works at my dentist office. I stop by their house 2 times a day--morning and evening so the pets stay in their own home. That is the only way I will do it. I have my own pets and do not want others here besides animals usually feel more comfortable in their own homes. If their owners want me to stop by more then 2 times a day I will but I am also working around my work hours and my hours with my own animals. Just have to work with the hours!

Old 04-30-2018, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Good advise Granite. So far I am blessed because these 2 jobs are both for reputable people. One is the groomer at our store and the other was referred by our groomer and also works at my dentist office. I stop by their house 2 times a day--morning and evening so the pets stay in their own home. That is the only way I will do it. I have my own pets and do not want others here besides animals usually feel more comfortable in their own homes. If their owners want me to stop by more then 2 times a day I will but I am also working around my work hours and my hours with my own animals. Just have to work with the hours!
It sounds as if you are off to a good start and that your initial clients have already been "vetted"...I do wonder if there are some samples of contracts online that would protect you regarding payment but also with regard to liability if anything were to go wrong. Of course you will want to get the contact info for their vet, and perhaps contact the vets office in advance to make sure their are no problems...like large unpaid bills etc.

Good Luck.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:33 AM

Also good advise elston. Getting clients through my store pretty much means the animals are vetted--also though my vet would mean the same I would think. My friend has done this for a living and she will be doing this with me but for people in her area so I am hoping she can guide me a little. She is taking a trip to Ireland for a couple of weeks but when she returns she hopes to start with me.
UGH! Just found my first tick on me! It was crawling up my leg....oh the joy!

Old 04-30-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Also good advise elston. Getting clients through my store pretty much means the animals are vetted--also though my vet would mean the same I would think. My friend has done this for a living and she will be doing this with me but for people in her area so I am hoping she can guide me a little. She is taking a trip to Ireland for a couple of weeks but when she returns she hopes to start with me.
UGH! Just found my first tick on me! It was crawling up my leg....oh the joy!

I was thinking of the owners being vetted.....not the animals. LOL, that is where there could be a problem...unless of course the animal is known to be vicious and has attacked other dogs or people....you would need to know that.

I did send you, via email, info about a standard contract I found for free .. online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning