Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 10:19 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,753 times

Advertisements

Cyn, are you feeling better today? It must be the weather, everyone is sick. Good to know that you have that spark which lets you look for happiness!

Old 02-02-2015, 01:43 PM

48,121 posts, read 21,999,038 times

Trust Yourself and your self knowledge cyn.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:32 AM

Morning Cyn and friends. Hope everything is going well.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:55 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post

Trust Yourself and your self knowledge cyn.
Just lovely, elston, and so true. I think that is why I am doing okay by myself. Plus my faith in The Almighty.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:31 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Yes...so true! Beautifully put. I need to read that everyday! Maybe it will sink in!
Long day, new meds....seem to be okay so far and I have my mind set these are going to help! My doctor sat and talked for 1/2 hour with me yesterday--unheard of--made me feel special! He is a good listener. He is setting up an appointment with a psychiatrist if for nothing more then for me to talk with. Have a blessed evening my very special group of friends---we may be "faceless" but we all have huge hearts!

Old 02-04-2015, 10:21 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
Dear Cyn and everyone reading I wish you all a wonderful day.

Cyn so happy to hear you have a Doctor who listens to you and you will be receiving professional counseling. I wish I did this as advised by my Doctor but I waited 26 months until I reached out and found a Counselor that suits me. Grief groups, professional Counseling, attending church, are resources that help us help ourselves.

The end of this month will be 30 months since I lost my husband. It has felt like I was on a roller coaster, the highs and lows. And the only comfort I received was the thought someday I will join him. Boy, has it been some ride. I felt like a ill child looking out the window watching the other children play but I was not able to participate due to my illness and feeling so sad because I wasn't able to join the children in play.

Grief robbed me physically, mentally and emotionally. I just could not participate in life and I found myself walking down streets that were dead ends. I felt dead inside and I just could not feel happiness but only sadness, no matter what I did nothing seemed to help, I just needed to feel all of these emotions. I would write my husband's niece twice a month and tell her I look forward to the day I join her Uncle. I did not know how much more of life I could take. Everyday seemed cloudy and over cast.

Now I am out from under the dark clouds and most everyday the sun is shinning. I am looking forward to living life to the fullest. I am meeting like minded friends and participating in life without feeling like a zombie and I no longer feel numb inside. I am outside playing with the rest of the children (we all have the child inside of us). I am happy, not sad. I am selective of who I surround myself with. Only those people who nurture me.

I share this with you because I want for you to know that you are doing all of the right things to help yourself over-come the grief and eventually you will feel whole again but for now you take one day at a time and nurture the grief. Only doing what feels good to you. This is the time to be selfish and honor you and only surround yourself by those people who make you feel good, those people who nurture you.

Cyn, you inspire me and your blog here at CD is my favorite. The people here are amazing. I feel their love for you. You are special to us all.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:59 AM

Great post smilinpretty.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:44 PM

I am so happy for and proud of you, smilin'.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:47 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
I feel so very blessed. I have tried but cannot seem to explain what a special group we have here--and I'm a little over-protective of you all. I would love for everyone in our situation to know how to do what we have done here but I wouldn't know where to begin and I don't want to share what is mine--this thread (blog) even though anyone can read it that's okay so maybe it will be of some help to them too but I like it the way it is now---not everywhere--just here on CD. For some reason I feel safe here--with good reason--I am surrounded by angels!
And I agree smilin" you are amazing and are helping me and so many others get through this horror....thank you and you should be very proud to have gotten where you are now!

Old 02-04-2015, 03:57 PM

That's how I feel about some of the people here on C-D also, cyn, I feel "safe" sharing my inner feelings. There was not one person IRL that I could talk to when Earl died. The people here were amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning