Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2018, 05:34 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,253,473 times

Advertisements

I agree with all you posted elston and am right there with you. I also wanted to give my condolences to you and your DH for your loss.
Yes, there is a lot of suffering in this world and it saddens me. I pray things will get better soon!

Old 07-08-2018, 02:17 PM

727 posts, read 151,018 times
Im glad you and elston are also praying CYN!!

Im sorry you had the wrong schedule and im glad your boss wasnt mad!!

Im glad your church is doing so much for you

Old 07-09-2018, 04:00 AM

This month was my DH birthday so it will have some impact on my emotions--I am already feeling it a lot! I will have to work on being strong right now. I'll be fine as long as I stay busy. It seems I will be having 4 days at work for awhile now so that will help. I keep hoping working nights will get easier and I will feel more relaxed driving at night. It's all the critters that are out at night that worry me. I drive very carefully but there are so many of them! Guess it just takes time driving here to get use to it.
Yes scotthouse, I am blessed to have such a good, caring church. They have helped me before and I sure appreciate it!
Hope those boys have all been rescued--haven't heard yet this morning!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 07-09-2018, 04:40 AM

I did hear that they have got some of those boys out of the cave and are working on getting the others out before it rains again there! Keep praying!

Old 07-09-2018, 12:04 PM

It's so quiet here today--hope everyone is doing good! Miss ya all!

Old 07-09-2018, 02:03 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,453,760 times
Hi, cyn. We enjoyed our 3-day Bible Convention in downtown El Paso. I don't go back to work until Wednesday night. The Convention was great - they're telling us that the world is crumbling apart and that we need to study the Bible relentlessly, pray to God relentlessly, go to all the meetings and go out and tell others the good news of God's Kingdom, and be prepared for whatever might happen. Lean on Jehovah God - times are tough - but they were prophesied to be this way. And to not be upset if your own mom and dad don't like what you're doing - because Jesus came to divide families, not unite them. So true.

Take a gander at Matthew 10:34: "Do not think that I came to bring peace to the earth; I came to bring, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man's enemies will be those of his own household. 37 Whoever has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and whoever has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not accept his torture stake and follow after me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his soul will lose it, and whoever loses his soul for my sake will find it."

Oh, man, just reading those verses explains so much as to what has happened within my wife and I's families with regards to how they relate to us. For reasons that are as petty as why does Beyonce do this or that with her hair, they have rejected my wife and I because we don't celebrate birthdays or holidays, for instance. I just direct people to John 17:3:

"This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ."

Until you have entered in to a Bible Study and learn what is going on on the earth and in the heavens and in Babylon the Great, the World empire of false religion, you will not understand what is going on on the earth. The things you know about Jehovah's Witnesses are no doubt false. And the things you know about Jehovah's Witnesses are no doubt brought about by Satan the Devil himself. Or to those who are also carrying out his work, his minions and minions of fallen angels, called demons.

I urge any of you out there to begin a Bible Study with one of Jehovah's Witnesses. What you have been told about us is not true. If you want to know the true God and how he wants to be served, you have to find out what's required of you. The payoff of all of this is untold blessings now and in the future. You will not be charged for the free home Bible Study and you will not be required to give a certain percentage of your income as a tithe. You give what you want at the Kingdom Hall, no collection roll is taken, you won't be called and pressured to give more money to the Hall, etc. It is totally to come from the heart. I am writing this because I care about people. I know too much to ever go back to a church of Christendom. The outcome for those churches will be a very bad one. Those words are prophesied, the idea is not my own. If you claim to speak to others about God and preach to them, you have to have God's backing and you have to tell the truth about Him.

Have fantastic Monday afternoons and evenings!

Old 07-09-2018, 02:12 PM

50,173 posts, read 63,623,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
It's so quiet here today--hope everyone is doing good! Miss ya all!
I’m laying low, kind of watching the rescue in Thailand. Eight boys are out now, so everyone’s prayers are working.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:39 PM

Good to see you both!

Old 07-09-2018, 03:04 PM

47,986 posts, read 21,937,870 times
Hi cyn and all

We just came home from the vet with McKenzie. That is my old girl who I was told had a large mass in her chest and was referred to a canine oncologist. that was 6 mos ago. We didn't go with tht referral and decided to keep her home and "love her up"....she went thru a period of time of losing weight and seeming weak and unsteady....but on my diet of home cooked chicken rice and veggies....she regained the lost weight and stamina. The vet today didnt say the mass was gone...but she did say that might have been a fatty tumor and lets just count our blessings and go on from there. So we got her her shots and meds and are no longer considering her a cancer patient. I feel so much better......and I think she does too. (She is now eating Fresh Pet....expensive...but she loves it and more importantly....she eats it.

Such a relief.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:07 PM

I am so happy elston--what great news!! Happy happy!! Give McKenzie a hug for me!
I also wanted to mention a thank you gentlearts for the update on the boys--good news!! Yes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.