U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 04:48 AM

1,094 posts, read 763,402 times

Advertisements

My first was when my Mom died. I was pregnant with my youngest and my Mom was in the hospital in a coma in her final days. I had spent the night at the hospital 2 nights before she died. My sisters were there staying the night that she died. My BIL called to say she died and was coming to pick me up to go to the hospital. (My ex was at work at the time). When we got home that night, I went to set the alarm clock for the next morning and it broke at 5:15 AM, the minute my Mom died. My ex told me that was Mom stopping in to say good-bye on her way to heaven.

My 21 y/o son died five years ago. Both he and his older brother were living with me when he died. A couple of weeks after he died, my older son said that he swore he saw Bobby walk past the living room and into his bedroom. It really shook him up.

There were times that I wasn't anywhere near his bedroom and even in the basement and I would smell his cologne only in one area. I would walk a couple of feet away and the smell wasn't in the other area, but I'd walk back to the original spot and it was there, but only for maybe five minutes. It was weird, but it was also comforting because it made me feel like he was with me in spirit.

I had a friend that her son died 2 weeks before my son. We met for lunch and she was telling me of all these strange happenings going on in her house and she believed it was her son.

I left for work one day and forgot something so I came back home to get it. This was probably close to a year after my son died. I have a touch lamp on the night stand in my bedroom and the lamp was on. I turned it off and went to work. When I cam home the lamp was on again. This went for for at least a week. It happened at different times. Sometimes I would go downstairs or out and there was nothing near it that could have triggered it to turn on.
I wondered if a fly could land on it & turn it on. I got a plastic straw and tapped on it to see if it would turn on and it wouldn't. I said to my other son that I wondered if Bobby was sending me signs that his spirit is still here. The next time that lamp came on, I knew in my heart that his spirit was with me. I left the lamp on constantly and one day it turned off. The bulb wasn't burnt out. He was a kind, loving person that always helped people out. In my mind, I told myself that he was helping or visiting his friends that were grieving him. I was depressed and sitting on the edge of my bed crying for him. I said out loud, Bobby I know you're probably helping someone but please come back when you're done. I was putting on my PJ's to get ready for bed and that lamp came on! I thanked him and have no doubt that his spirit is with me.

I went grocery shopping one day. I always keep a stick of butter on the kitchen counter and usually keep it on a small plate, but I hadn't put it on the plate yet. I was bringing the groceries into the kitchen and sitting the bags on the floor near the frig. I went back out to the car and when I came in & went to set the groceries down, that stick of butter in the opened wrapper was sitting on the kitchen floor perfectly. It hadn't splattered like it would have if I had dropped it. I just started laughing and felt that he was just messing with me, playing a lil prank on me.

There have been times where I see orbs or shadows in the night and I just feel that it's my loved ones' spirits.

I have a memory foam mattress and there have been times that I felt the foam go down as if someone were sitting on the edge of my bed and I never remembered to tell anyone about it.

I've been having a rough couple of months due to other stressors in life. I posted on a forum a couple of weeks ago that I would give anything to have a group hug with My Mom, Dad and Bobby. I don't dream often and I can't post my dream because I already did & that would be crossposting. Anyway during my sleep, I felt that someone was standing in my doorway and I woke up and nothing was there. I thought maybe my other son was going to get something from my room and changed his mind. I went back to sleep and during the night, there were three different times that I felt like someone was sitting on the edge of my bed. When I woke up in the AM, I realized that my son works nights and wasn't home during the night. I remembered my dream and the feelings of someone sitting on my bed. I got the biggest smile on my face and my heart felt such a warmth in it. I felt like my Mom, Dad & Bobby were letting me know that they're here to help guide my through what I'm going through emotionally.

A couple of months ago, the friend that I had lunch with died. Her sister and I were best friends growing up and we still talk. In a two year period Lynne lost her son, her husband was diagnosed with Alzheimers at age 57, her Mom died and four months later her Dad died then 6 mos. later her husband died. She went into the hospital for pancreatis and died 4 days later. My childhood friend's immediate family was wiped out within a two year period. She does have her sons, a niece and her kids left. I had a dream that I saw her sister and we hugged and she told me to tell my friend that she loved and missed her.

I called her to tell her of my dream and she was tickled. She said she's been praying for her family to contact her through spirit, but they haven't yet and she's disappointed. I told her to just be patient that they'll send her signs.

My living son has had other experiences regarding my son that passed. He never used to believe in that kind of stuff, but now he does. He still doesn't believe in Psychics though as I do. My son's girlfriend and best friend have had dreams and things happen to them that they believe are signs from my son that died.

This is something I believe in and always have. Anyone wanting to call me crazy or debate the scientifics of what happened to me, I'm not going there.

These are positive experiences I've had and I believe there's a reason for everything that happens. These experiences have helped me through my grief journey which will never end and I pray that my loved ones spirits continue to visit me. I've seen it in butterflies or rainbows. I choose to take comfort in the little signs that they send me.

Thank you for letting me share.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 01:55 PM

1,094 posts, read 763,402 times
Default Messages From Beyond

I was wondering how many of you have received messages or signs from your loved ones that have passed and what they are. I see them as signs that their spirits are still here with us (((((Hugs)))))

Old 03-21-2015, 02:45 PM

16,227 posts, read 21,981,509 times
Pennies. I have seen pennies, heads up!

Old 03-22-2015, 01:38 AM

4,669 posts, read 6,739,165 times
I've found pennies over the past five years. One I found was in a file folder (???), another was on the floor in the bathroom, and other weird places, places where they couldn't be there by natural means. Another was on the coffee maker, another on a coffee table. I know I didn't put them there.

I had a dream a few weeks ago in which we were looking at postcards he'd written to me from a camping trip he and our son went on to Yellowstone, and he said, "I leave things around to tell you I love you". I thought that was cool. But, it also made me cry, I miss him so desperately.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:32 AM

398 posts, read 465,577 times
Five weeks after dh passed away I was sitting on my dd's couch sort of dozing, sort of watching tv, sort of surfing the internet, just sitting there being still.
I very clearly heard dh call me by his nickname for me, then felt a touch on the top of my head which flowed over me and was very hot and pleasant. It lasted maybe a minute and I was crying with grief, joy and disbelief. I wasn't drinking or overtired, just relaxed and not focused on a task when it happened.

Dh had told me when he was first diagnosed that he would do his best to contact me when he passed away, and I think he managed that day.

Now if I could only dream about him at will, because if I had him with me at night I would be better during the day, you know?

Old 03-22-2015, 10:07 AM

4,981 posts, read 5,449,503 times
Yep, pennies in weird places here, too!

Old 03-22-2015, 11:22 AM

21,432 posts, read 18,144,759 times
Signs?

Old 03-22-2015, 11:29 AM

5,263 posts, read 2,876,587 times
My mother-in-law passed in June of last year. I hadn't seen her in quite some time since I had moved out of state.
I was telling my husband that I felt terribly guilty for not having seen her before she passed. I was really bawling my head off and he kept saying, "She knew you loved her. I know she did." After I calmed down, I was reading some inspirational quotes about death and dying.

Two days after this conversation, I was in a local thrift store. There was a book by the author who wrote the inspirational quotes I had been reading earlier. I thought, "Huh, that's a coincidence." I picked the book up, opened it to the first page and my mother-in-law's full name was written inside the book. Even her middle initial. I almost fell to the floor.

I know she was saying hello and letting me know that everything's okay.

Every time I have a discussion about my beloved grandma who passed in 1988, I get a sign from her soon afterward. There's a certain song from the '70s that is "our song" and I either hear that song or see a sequence of numbers that has meaning for us. I'm convinced she's still near me.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:36 AM

21,432 posts, read 18,144,759 times
Have your love ones that passed contacted you in anyway?

Visitations, dreams, and signs

Has anybody had a vision of the departed?

Plenty of threads about this subject!

Last edited by tamiznluv; 03-22-2015 at 12:00 PM..

Old 03-22-2015, 01:12 PM

6,940 posts, read 7,658,930 times
Funny, I had a dream about a parent who passed some 14 years ago. I was in this huge house...it was her house, and she was having a party for a group of relatives, none of whom I knew. Another woman stopped in, and handed me a letter "to read to everyone here". I didn't get a chance to read it to them, but I did see it myself. It said, "Wishing you peace and happiness".

And then I woke up. I just can't forget that dream; most dreams, I forget immediately. Was the message for me, and not the other group of people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or