U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 10:09 AM

8,440 posts, read 10,712,685 times

Advertisements

I wanted to wish all my friends in the Grief and Mourning Section, a Happy Easter. If you are Christian and believe Easter is about far more than Easter candy and bunnies, may you feel comfort in your beliefs of where your loved one is or loved ones are now. More than Christians believe life continues even after physical death. If today has no special meaning about life after physical death to you, I hope you can remember Easter Days in the past that you enjoyed with your loved one (or loved ones) who are now gone. I hope all have peace and healing today.

I hope everyone is doing better than when I last checked in. It would be nice to read an update of how you are doing Thank you all for helping me through some of the worst days of my life. It will be two years for me in May. Some of you tolerated me when I couldn't tell many how I really felt. I think my own family didn't understand the depth of my losses and grief. Life is better now for me and I hope it is for each of you as well.

I'm looking forward to reading your updates

MSR
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 11:04 AM

21,429 posts, read 18,139,040 times
Happy Easter, MSR! Good to hear from you and glad to hear your emotional state is better. I hope the physical is dormant.

I am doing okay. Both my emotional and physical states are laying low. My MS is doing "well". I am adjusting to not being a couple pretty well I'd say. It is what it is. Nothing I can do except accept and deal. That makes life so much easier.

Sending up a prayer for you and Crick today.

Peace.

tami

Old 04-06-2015, 07:26 AM

4,166 posts, read 5,172,988 times
Happy (belated) Easter MSR! Good to hear from you. I'm glad you're doing better...I'm doing okay. Still dealing with life on a day-by-day basis. I look for ways to make myself happy. And, I gather-up my strength and courage when life hands me challenges. (Or "lemons!")...Still miss my "guys" and other loved ones who "left." But, little by little, I'm writing a new chapter in my life. Moving on! (The best I can!)...Please stop back to say "hi" every so often. I've missed you!

Last edited by CArizona; 04-06-2015 at 07:44 AM..

Old 04-06-2015, 04:16 PM

16,227 posts, read 21,978,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I wanted to wish all my friends in the Grief and Mourning Section, a Happy Easter. If you are Christian and believe Easter is about far more than Easter candy and bunnies, may you feel comfort in your beliefs of where your loved one is or loved ones are now. More than Christians believe life continues even after physical death. If today has no special meaning about life after physical death to you, I hope you can remember Easter Days in the past that you enjoyed with your loved one (or loved ones) who are now gone. I hope all have peace and healing today.

MSR
This is wonderful!!

Doing quite well! I had a "day" not long ago, but felt better after dreaming about him and finding that penny!

Old 04-07-2015, 12:35 AM

4,669 posts, read 6,737,637 times
Hi MSR!! Glad to "see" you again, and glad the update is positive for you. I'm doing well. I'm really busy volunteering in my HOA, and am on the Board of Directors. It's okay. They're not the greatest group of people, but I muddle through. I've gotten back into sewing skirts and tops for my 5 grandgirls, tote bags for friends, and keeping busy. My son came over for Easter and I invited a neighbor who's wife was away on business and couldn't get home for the holiday. It was a really fun time. I'm making friends, and have lunch with my girlfriends. Still have no interest in dating or romance of any kind. I'm actually enjoying living alone, finally. I miss everyday chit-chat, sharing experiences, road trips, and growing old together, but it's not as lonely as it used to be. I honestly think that my husband would not recognize the me I am these days, as it's nothing like the me I was with him. I'm independent which is something I never was or wanted to be. So, after 5 1/2 years, I'm finally growing into my own skin, as they say. Don't be a stranger and keep in touch! So good to hear from you!

Old 04-07-2015, 08:15 AM

Sounds great, Marcy!

Old 04-07-2015, 02:03 PM

1,627 posts, read 2,636,462 times
I hope all of you had a Happy Easter. 34 months being a widow. Next month will mark three years that I have lived on my own. I now have lots of women friends and I spent Easter with six other women in a beautiful home over looking the Mountains. I am adapting living alone. I find it is very important to have alone time. I am fixing up my house and making improvements. I received counseling for five months and that really helped me transition into the place I am now. I look back now and I have come a long way. Glad to hear you are all doing well. YIPPEE!!!!

Old 04-07-2015, 04:14 PM

Sounds good to me, smilin'!

Old 04-13-2015, 10:03 PM

8,440 posts, read 10,712,685 times
It's great to see the posts from everyone. I'm happy for all of you that you have found "your way" of putting the pieces back together again in your life.

And I'm happy my friend, Double H saw this thread and left me a message Ditto Double H. Can you remember what you wrote now- LOL ? You and Ditch were also very helpful and supportive of me. Thank you. I don't know if we thank others enough for helping in various ways.

Does anyone else here sometimes get a feeling a post or two is waiting here for you and you log in to find out what thread and who wrote something important? That happened to me again. I appreciate all the rep points and messages. I'm glad I followed my gut feeling and logged in.

Everyone remember to take care of yourselves and those important to you, be they your next door neighbor, a friend you've had since childhood or someone you first met through CDF. CDFers are people too. I am amazed how much I've benefitted from some here at CDF.

Some say internet friends aren't real friends. I don't agree with that. Not everyone I encountet at CDF is a friend, but some certainly have been including this grouping along with Double H, Ditch and others. Certainly, there are some who are "just posters" and don't influence my life in any way. But I've encountered some remarkable people here who have added to my life.

It's good to be in 2015.

MSR

Old 04-14-2015, 11:46 AM

4,166 posts, read 5,172,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
It's great to see the posts from everyone. I'm happy for all of you that you have found "your way" of putting the pieces back together again in your life.

And I'm happy my friend, Double H saw this thread and left me a message Ditto Double H. Can you remember what you wrote now- LOL ? You and Ditch were also very helpful and supportive of me. Thank you. I don't know if we thank others enough for helping in various ways.

Does anyone else here sometimes get a feeling a post or two is waiting here for you and you log in to find out what thread and who wrote something important? That happened to me again. I appreciate all the rep points and messages. I'm glad I followed my gut feeling and logged in.

Everyone remember to take care of yourselves and those important to you, be they your next door neighbor, a friend you've had since childhood or someone you first met through CDF. CDFers are people too. I am amazed how much I've benefitted from some here at CDF.

Some say internet friends aren't real friends. I don't agree with that. Not everyone I encountet at CDF is a friend, but some certainly have been including this grouping along with Double H, Ditch and others. Certainly, there are some who are "just posters" and don't influence my life in any way. But I've encountered some remarkable people here who have added to my life.

It's good to be in 2015.

MSR
MSR...Great post! You sound so bubbly and upbeat! I'm really happy for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or