U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 07:21 AM

21,914 posts, read 20,945,039 times

Advertisements

Had to laugh....my cats aren't much help with the house cleaning either! But don't know what I'd do without my pets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 09:37 AM

8,007 posts, read 6,774,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Calvert --- let me know how those Merry Maids work out. I'm at the point of throwing in the towel on housekeeping after eight years alone....except for the cat who does not do his share. Even now it is a struggle to get through some days but hang in for the long haul -- things will get better. I miss the conversation most and shared perspective of a wonderful woman I spent half my life with. Regarding human contact, it is funny how people will 'chat me up' in the grocery checkout line or almost anywhere...and I've learned to do the same.
My mantra since my wife's death (3 months now) has been to keep busy doing things so I knocked the maid service off and now do it myself. I do not do it all at once but an hour or two every few days seems to work. Just one more think to keep me busy.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:03 AM

4,676 posts, read 3,048,010 times
My late wife always had cats here. When we first came to this valley, a mama cat left two of her babies at the front door: an orange kitten and a white one, huddled together to keep warm. The orange one with a gorgeous face we named "Annie." The white one with a pretty coat we named "Maxine." "Maxine" then grew two testicles so we changed the name to "Max." Annie lived 19 years. Had a dozen or so other strays too.

Right now several barn cats come around trying to adopt me but it ain't gonna happen. I just hope that some ol' mama cat doesn't drop off some of her children as happened 40 years ago.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:07 AM

1,196 posts, read 855,044 times
Dear Calvert,
So sorry for your loss.
I would be really, really grateful to the person, who would pray for my departure if I was in a state in which your wife was. I won't say "don't feel guilty" only because it's useless, I feel my guilt for not doing enough for my dad, and I know it won't ever get away, but... Hold on here. Do things you were going to do together if things weren't that grim. Hold on to good memories, and also remember, that we live until those who loved us are alive. So, while you're still here, your wife is here, too.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:03 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,518,450 times
Im so sorry for your loss Calvert!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning