Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 06:42 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
I understand this is a grief, mourning and loss forum. You have a brother who has five children and you have never met them at any point in their lives and the oldest is 10 years of age? I think your first instinct may be correct which is to stay away from the family.

How can readers here say if you do not go you may regret it for years if you do not go?

As a reader I think we need more clarification as to the relationship with your family members.
The way my family is we are generally not that close, we call eachother sporadically, but I've been putting off going out there for sometime. I have managed to get the money together from friends as well as some people on a fb group that have helped me out. I didn't want to go because I didn't want ant to see it. But If it's something that will help than that's fine by me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 09:53 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to give an update, i went and have been back since last Tuesday. It felt good to see my niece and nephews and my mom as well as sister in law and her side of the family out their. I started crying the first night i was their as i looked at my niece and nephews playing and one of my nephews in particular reminded me so much of him looked just like him and all. It was tough and the day of the funeral was even harder especially seeing him laying in a coffin, I was truly floored at the amount of people that came out for his funeral. It seemed like more than 147 people came, the preacher gave a very good service and i like how honest he was and didn't try to gloss over what happened by saying it was god's will or heaven needed a new angel. The funeral home handled everything both the costs and setting everything up. He is to be cremated and his ashes split up between my mom and his wife, I am glad i went and the local news station even covered the occasion.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:20 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to give an update, i went and have been back since last Tuesday. It felt good to see my niece and nephews and my mom as well as sister in law and her side of the family out their. I started crying the first night i was their as i looked at my niece and nephews playing and one of my nephews in particular reminded me so much of him looked just like him and all. It was tough and the day of the funeral was even harder especially seeing him laying in a coffin, I was truly floored at the amount of people that came out for his funeral. It seemed like more than 147 people came, the preacher gave a very good service and i like how honest he was and didn't try to gloss over what happened by saying it was god's will or heaven needed a new angel. The funeral home handled everything both the costs and setting everything up. He is to be cremated and his ashes split up between my mom and his wife, I am glad i went and the local news station even covered the occasion.
Thank you so much for the update. I'm glad you got to go and how it worked out for you and your family at a very difficult time.

I'm sure those kids, your mom, and your SIL were comforted by you being there.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:53 PM

390 posts, read 379,506 times
Sorry for your loss. I lost my sister in 2003 when she stepped off the curb to jaywalk and was hit by a car going 45mph. She never had a chance and it's a very violent way to die.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:04 PM

I'm just happy I was able to get it off my chest here, thank you for the well wishes I talked to the lawyer today that will be handling the civil part and was told since he read and saw the police report that thankfully it was instantaneous and he never knew what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning