U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 04:03 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,453,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953
So what makes me so sad tonight? Maybe because it will finally be real. There are so many times I've denied reality because it's not tangible. But once I have his ashes it will be real. I miss my boy so much.
I am so sorry...... I know I cant possibly know what your going thru but somehow I do!!!!

Lets think good thoughts that your boy is with you still,looking down on you,etc

God bless you
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 05:44 AM

4,294 posts, read 2,879,110 times
Life is never easy when we have to say good bye for the loved ones as well got to decide let them go with knowing they wont return to their bodies. Your pain well known my aunt had to let his son go who was in a coma and who did not return. your son will be in your heart as always. My prayers with you and your family. Be strong! Big hug!!!!

Old 02-28-2016, 05:52 AM

2,753 posts, read 1,794,108 times
I'm very sorry. I wish you peace.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:56 AM

1,094 posts, read 763,083 times
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your boy. I know your pain all too well. We're not supposed to have our children die before us. There are some of the most compassionate people on this board to help you along your journey. My heart goes out to you. If you ever need an ear, I'm here...

Old 02-28-2016, 03:32 PM

4,539 posts, read 3,003,976 times
Thank, Cam. It's just been just over a month, he died January 11th but the Coroner didn't release his body until the 21st. Then, every time I planned to go to the city, the weather turned ugly.

So it's still pretty fresh.

Now I have to work with my family on the memorial. We have decided on June. Now I'm trying to decide what to do with the ashes. I do want a small urn for my house, but he loved the family farm so much I want some of them there.

Do I put them in an urn for the farm or do I scatter them. Thankfully I have time to make these decisions.

Tomorrow I plan on going to the courthouse to get his death certificate. I also have to order a duplicate title for the motorcycle we owned together. I can't find it & I'm not going to waste any more time looking for it.

A family friend is going to get it up to speed & then help me sell it. It's been sitting in the pole barn since he was burned, 11 years ago. He would never let me sell.it because it was his dream bike & he was certain he could find a way to construct something so he could ride it again. His hands were burned very badly & he had to use special equipment to do anything.

I went along with that as it gave him joy and purpose, which he badly needed.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:30 PM

1,094 posts, read 763,083 times
I just hurt for you.... It's almost six years and I still have my son's ashes. I didn't do what I said I was going to do at the time and I'm still not sure what I'll do. Your mind is probably in a whirlwind trying to get things done.

I'm glad that you have someone helping you because you need a few strong, loving, take charge support people around you through this. I was blessed with my family.

I'm sorry that he was burned and his and your life must have been difficult. I think it's great that you're going to get his dream bike up to speed. I'm sure he'll be smiling down on you and that should also give you comfort.

Somewhere on the net sells wind chimes that you can put some of his ashes in and I keep saying I'm going to do that because I like wind chimes. You do have time and it's your grief, so allow yourself to grieve him on your terms.

Please take care of yourself during this difficult time.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:56 PM

4,164 posts, read 2,811,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Thank, Cam. It's just been just over a month, he died January 11th but the Coroner didn't release his body until the 21st. Then, every time I planned to go to the city, the weather turned ugly.

So it's still pretty fresh.

Now I have to work with my family on the memorial. We have decided on June. Now I'm trying to decide what to do with the ashes. I do want a small urn for my house, but he loved the family farm so much I want some of them there.

Do I put them in an urn for the farm or do I scatter them. Thankfully I have time to make these decisions.

Tomorrow I plan on going to the courthouse to get his death certificate. I also have to order a duplicate title for the motorcycle we owned together. I can't find it & I'm not going to waste any more time looking for it.

A family friend is going to get it up to speed & then help me sell it. It's been sitting in the pole barn since he was burned, 11 years ago. He would never let me sell.it because it was his dream bike & he was certain he could find a way to construct something so he could ride it again. His hands were burned very badly & he had to use special equipment to do anything.

I went along with that as it gave him joy and purpose, which he badly needed.

Sending (((((hugs)))))) to you meo.

Where you put his ashes is a very personal decision and one that will always be important to you. If you have not already thought of it, I have heard of people planting a tree and putting their loved one's ashes in the soil around the tree. It would be a place you could visit and talk to him in privacy. Maybe at the farm.

It's just a thought that I heard about and it appealed to me. Again, where you put his ashes is your own personal decision.

Sending my thoughts and caring love to you, my friend.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:31 PM

4,539 posts, read 3,003,976 times
Thank you NYGAL. I have time and by June I should have been able to make a decision. I like the wind chime idea. It would remind me of the way he told me he felt when riding his bike, being one with the wind & the road.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:48 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,453,442 times
I think a Wind chime would be super
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning