U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 06:55 AM

994 posts, read 1,108,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
a good support site is www.grieving.com. It was known originally as Beyond Indigo. The site covers most issues relating to loss.
I've been looking for a good online group and will check this out. I attended a local GriefShare, and while I thought the environment of support was beneficial, the attendees were all widows, and I felt that my experience was implicitly "lessened" when compared to their loss of a spouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 09:08 AM

387 posts, read 444,794 times
I lost my only sibling, a brother 2 1/2 years older than me 2 months ago. I am so heartsick over the loss.
He died unexpectedly from a botched surgery at the age of 49.

I always loved and cared for him even though we had a strained relationship for many of our adult years. It was only within the last 10 years we gained a good relationship back and in the last 7 years we became friends again. We enjoyed a chat every day because we no longer lived in the same state.

I find the grieving especially difficult because I feel like I only recently got my brother back. I miss my daily chats with him so much and feel like i have been robbed. I know better than anyone that time will ease the sting of it, but I will always miss him terribly.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:06 PM

421 posts, read 885,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
Thanks for your response and suggestions. The idea of consulting a medium has actually popped into my mind a few times, as I do believe that some experiences we deem "paranormal" or "supernatural" are true, actual facets and possibilities of our existences. However, I do wonder about finding a good one and not being taken advantage of. Did you actually have a reading with George Anderson?

Yes I did. I would never recommend something that I haven't experienced. There were around 14 people in the room. I registered under an alias so he couldn't find any information about me. He went around the room and actually named names, congratulated on person on their new job, and the person said it just happened that afternoon and hadn't yet told his wife. He is expensive, that's why we had a group session... still expensive but went he went around the room he was 100% accurate with every person, including myself.

He is expensive as he has a staff, that schedules appointments, arranges his travel worldwide, and maintains his website. Hearing from my son brought me solace that nothing else could. Not books, not other peoples ideas of where my son was and it was "Gods will". OMG

He also does telephone appts. I believe. Also please check out www.brianweiss.com I had a past life session in Miami with his assistant and met my son in the spirit world, where he told me things that changed my life, to this day. He has also written a number of good books, the first one we read was We Don't Die. However, reading a book is like reading a menu, it describes the food but it isn't meal. For that you have to get the experience.

I hope you decide to go forward, as nothing will heal you like hearing from your loved one that has passed.

George Anderson is located on Long Island, NY and the meeting will take place at a hotel, in the conference room.

Last edited by seethelight; 05-24-2016 at 04:47 PM..

Old 05-25-2016, 07:16 PM

3,964 posts, read 5,249,971 times
This is personal opinion, of course, but I would never feel a need for a "medium." I think that we need to trust God that if we need a message, it will be given. I have had several experiences with communication from lost loved ones, and I have not needed to pay anyone to guide me or to have them "channel" that person. We need faith and openness. I believe that there are people who are more open to such messages, but I feel that anyone who takes (or gives) money for what is a spiritual experience is on shakey ground.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:25 PM

5,627 posts, read 4,637,631 times
grief makes you do and think weird things but it is what you make it.

I havent lost a sibling but my middle child lost her twin brother. While shes only 10yrs old, we keep the conversation open and she goes through periods of wishing he was here and needing to talk to someone besides me.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:33 AM

994 posts, read 1,108,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
This is personal opinion, of course, but I would never feel a need for a "medium." I think that we need to trust God that if we need a message, it will be given. I have had several experiences with communication from lost loved ones, and I have not needed to pay anyone to guide me or to have them "channel" that person. We need faith and openness. I believe that there are people who are more open to such messages, but I feel that anyone who takes (or gives) money for what is a spiritual experience is on shakey ground.
I am certainly a person of faith who has experienced observations and occurrences that just cannot be explained by our material, natural world or perspective. So I really don't feel that I "need" an intermediary to provide ADC (after-death communications) to me, but I do believe that people may have different levels of supernatural awareness or insights based on their development or openness in that vein. I do believe some people are more "gifted" in this way than others. However, having had the experiences I have, I might be, too.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:20 PM

421 posts, read 885,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
I've been looking for a good online group and will check this out. I attended a local GriefShare, and while I thought the environment of support was beneficial, the attendees were all widows, and I felt that my experience was implicitly "lessened" when compared to their loss of a spouse.

check out www.grieving.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning