U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 03:08 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,709,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
And I'm just now getting weepy having to make all these phone calls for insurance, disability, funeral home, nursing home, and the list goes on. I just want to sleep and vegetate, but there is so much to do if I am going to pay the bills this month.
My condolences to u and family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 06:24 PM

5,508 posts, read 2,589,479 times
Quote:
And I'm just now getting weepy having to make all these phone calls for insurance, disability, funeral home, nursing home, and the list goes on. I just want to sleep and vegetate, but there is so much to do if I am going to pay the bills this month.
I'm so sorry Maggie. I am at a loss for words.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:26 PM

969 posts, read 2,459,234 times
Quote:
I have two sisters, three good friends, and innumerable nieces and nephews.
Let them all help in whatever way they can - I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:25 PM

6,488 posts, read 6,596,921 times
I am having a bad day emotionally. I have decided to just chill for a few weeks before hiring a lawyer and dealing with stuff. I need some time.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:39 PM

15,569 posts, read 9,642,463 times
You are going to have bad days and good days. When you start having more good days than bad ones, you will know you are healing. Let yourself hurt and cry, sometimes a good sob is healthy.

There is a lot on your mind right now, let friends and relatives help in any way they can. We feel for you and know that, in time, things will begin to get more normal and better.

I went to a funeral one time, and it was very odd to me because, instead of a lot of grieving family and friends, they were celebrating her life. Funerals to me had always been sad affairs, so it was strange. But the Preacher said something that has always stuck with me after that, he said "She is no longer in pain and is in a better place, but it is we who are hurting, as we do not have her in our lives any more."

When you think about it, we really are the ones hurting and our loved one is not any more. Please keep in touch with us, Maggie, we are here to listen.

Don

Old 04-22-2016, 11:04 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,944,907 times
Just saw this thread and my condolences to Maggie. Nice name that reminded me of the song from the late 1959 when I worked with a Maggie and we kidded her singing "Maggies back in town"....just chillin a bit here.

Things will work out slowly as when I lost my late wife in 1973 from Cancer and the kids keeping mebusy while trying to run my business also.

Hard part is the sleeping alone for the first time in years.....me with my snoring the wife complained about...missed that a lot.....the complaining part.

My oldest son snores a lot according to my DIL who spent nights on the couch she said.

Just a little humor here to lighten the air a bit.....something we will all go thru eventually God willing.

I'm 84 and my time here is short with none of the kids around.

Hope I have not offended anyone with my rambling as I'm just keeping the cobwebs loose....never know.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:25 PM

3,962 posts, read 5,247,246 times
Maggie, if you need time, take it. Your grieving will be different from that of others. There is no timetable, and no set order of feelings. So if you feel like chilling, like just sitting and thinking, it is your right to do it. In the long run, you will do better if you listen to the needs of your own heart. I can tell you this: try to get sleep and rest; you have been and are still in an ordeal, and you need rest. If you can't sleep, you may need to go to your doctor for help. Try to eat well, even if you don't feel like it. And get out and walk a little. Take comfort in nature, if that sounds good to you. Talking about your loss, your husband, your feelings is a good thing, if you are feeling ready for it. But don't feel pressured. Consider grief counseling. I went to a spousal loss group at my Hospice, and it was very helpful. Not everyone wants to do that kind of thing, but if it sounds good to you, see if that is available. Especially if you used a hospice program at the end of your husband's life, they will most likely offer some assistance.

Blessings on you. Remember that there are a lot of widows in the world. It may feel like you are alone, but you really aren't.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:27 PM

4,294 posts, read 2,879,110 times
My thoughts and prayers are with you in this hard time! My condolences!

Old 04-22-2016, 11:28 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,278,164 times
Rip. I wish you the best. Time will heal all this.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:57 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,453,442 times
Unhappy  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101
Ahhhhhh Maggie I am so sorry honey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning