U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 12:45 PM

9,098 posts, read 3,918,635 times

Advertisements

I am so sorry for the loss of your son - it must be a difficult time for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 02:45 PM

607 posts, read 716,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
If your granddaughter is 18 she is old enough to see you on her own.
Exactly!

I understand that you WANT to see your grand daughter. But why lower your standards and say "ok" to allow that evil mean mother to come? No way. She was divorced from your son, I truly believe that she has ulterior motives for wanting to attend the service. This service is NOT ABOUT HER! It is about your son. Ignore that blankety blank blank.

Please do not answer the ex's calls. You can go onto your phone provider's website and block her number.

If this ends up causing additional distress with the granddaughter... it very well might... prepare yourself. This evil person ruled your granddaughter's life for a long time. I don't think your "reunion" will be all the flowers and bows and skipping in the park that you are hoping for. When a child is brought up by an evil manipulative person, some of the negativity rubs off in one way or another, sad to say. Please review your expectations regarding your granddaughter... (speaking from experience here)

I am so sorry for your loss. Please try and limit your contact with stressful people and stressful situations during this coming time, it will be tough enough. Be kind to yourself. It is human nature want to grasp onto any piece of your wonderful son (i.e., your granddaughter) but please guard your heart considering the entire situation.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:32 AM

34,531 posts, read 42,694,765 times
Speak directly to your granddaughter. She is of age to make her own decisions and she is also old enough to know what her mother is like.
I would tell her how much I would love to see her, or talk with her, any time she wants, but that for reasons she already knows, you will not be having a relationship with her mother. Period.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:11 PM

4,539 posts, read 3,003,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Speak directly to your granddaughter. She is of age to make her own decisions and she is also old enough to know what her mother is like.
I would tell her how much I would love to see her, or talk with her, any time she wants, but that for reasons she already knows, you will not be having a relationship with her mother. Period.
We haven't gotten that far yet. We are currently contacting each other via social media. She did ask me to scan pictures of her and her dad which leads me to believe the mother destroyed dad's photos. I understand, the mom is in none of my pictures either.

But, no. I am not going to invite her to his memorial. I will invite my granddaughter, which I have already done, but not her mother.

I have started scanning pictures for her every day. Unfortunately they end when she is 5.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:59 AM

4,539 posts, read 3,003,976 times
UPDATE: The memorial service for my son will be July 16th, when most family members can attend.

As my sister & I were putting together photos for the 3 fold board, which we realized will now have to be 2 of the 3 fold boards, I realized/remembered that I'd given his wife an entire album, so those years are missing.

I will be calling her about this but am fairly certain she destroyed the album. We'll see.

What did hit me, as we were putting the pictures in chronical order, he was always smiling; From a baby to graduation, he was always smiling. I so miss that smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or