U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 03:17 PM

924 posts, read 530,951 times

Advertisements

wow, my sincere condolences to all the posters that suddenly lost a spouse or family member..especially the OP..my thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 06:33 PM

14,710 posts, read 29,879,007 times
I have no advice - but I feel your pain and just want to send you some love, hugs and good vibes. We are here for you, so vent all you need to - this kind of grief and pain takes time to heal.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:40 PM

379 posts, read 242,825 times
What a great, thoughtful post. I especially agree about loneliness leading to bad romantic decisions. Saw that happen with a good friend's mother when her husband very unexpectedly passed away.

Best wishes OP, you've got what it takes to make it through this.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:09 PM

635 posts, read 400,017 times
It's been a busy weekend. I had a yard sale yesterday just to get rid of a bunch of my stuff before I move. I ended up giving more away than selling but at least it's gone.

Today has been a tough day. I should be spending Father's Day with my husband. I want to spoil him and make him breakfast and his favorite meal for dinner. I want to make him feel special. I want to thank him for giving me this beautiful little girl and for being such a great husband and father. Now I can't do any of those things. He's gone. He's in ashes on our bed. I wish I could at least sleep all day but I can't.

My little girl is dancing up a storm around me and laughing and being silly. She has no idea that it's Father's Day and that her daddy is dead. I'm going to dance with her now. This is so hard, it's killing me to fake it.

Last edited by melovescookies; 06-19-2016 at 02:46 PM..

Old 06-19-2016, 05:17 PM

10,513 posts, read 7,601,136 times
Fake it till ya make it. Peace mama. Just do your best.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:38 PM

791 posts, read 2,975,071 times
Melovescookies,
I am so sorry for your loss.

I haven't read through this entire thread but wanted to let you know about this blog which has lots of good info.
https://tulsage.wordpress.com/widows-and-widowers

Old 06-19-2016, 05:43 PM

3,837 posts, read 6,643,837 times
melovescookies, I am so sorry that you lost your husband. I can't imagine what you are going through. Sending you big {{{{hugs}}}}.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Another thing regarding a grief group or counselor make sure they have gone through the loss of a spouse at a young age . I could not find one who had been with their spouse less than 20 yrs when they lost them . So grief groups or counselors are not great for someone so young indeed as another poster mentioned . Find an age appropriate one if you decide you want to go that route . Good luck and God bless you .

Agree!
If anyone tells you that you need to be over your grief in a certain time, they do not have a clue what they are talking about, even if they did go to school and that was what they were taught.

I don't know where you are but in Oklahoma there are small groups of "Widows only", through Stand in the Gap ministry. Only another widow can understand so PLEASE seek them out.

They have a very short video here: Stand In The Gap for Widows | Stand In The Gap Ministries that says what others don't seem to understand.

https://www.facebook.com/StandintheG...unityforWidows

Old 06-19-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
.... I am wondering if that two year old may be your salvation. Think of her as you and your husbands love living on..
Exactly what I thought when I read about her dancing today. She is part of your husband and she is dancing on Father's Day.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:41 PM

635 posts, read 400,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDayAttaTime View Post
Exactly what I thought when I read about her dancing today. She is part of your husband and she is dancing on Father's Day.
As hard as it's been taking care of my baby through all of this and as difficult as it's going to be raising her alone I honestly don't know if I could handle living if I didn't have her. I have an older daughter and I love her with all of my heart but she's a grown woman and she doesn't need me to take care of her. My baby is depending on me to give her a good life and I owe it to her and to my husband to provide that for her.

I know my older daughter needs me in her life and all of this has been very hard for her also. She pulled away from us in the last few years and I think she feels guilty now for not spending more time with us. Since my husband died she's been coming over every three or four days to see me. I wish she would come over more but she has a life of her own.

I'm glad the weekend is over. I feel like I'm just trying to get the day time over with but I hate the night time so much. I feel so scared all the time. I'm terrified to be in my own house especially at night. I can't even turn the lights off. I sleep on the floor in my daughter's room because I'm scared to sleep anywhere else.

I always felt so safe with my husband but now I feel so vulnerable and alone. I hate this feeling. I don't know if it's going to get better or worse in a new place. I just want to feel safe. I was safe with him. I might be losing it. Thanks for reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or