U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 08:12 PM

16,874 posts, read 51,398,709 times

Advertisements

Thinking of you and your daughter. Lost and afraid is a rough place to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 06:34 PM

5,634 posts, read 1,966,904 times
Dear JonTwin. I know you haven't wanted to be on this forum much lately, and I don't blame you, as it can be so painful. But I wanted you to know that I have been thinking so much about you and I hope that you have been able to find your footing through this grief. Many hugs to you.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:48 PM

10,419 posts, read 7,504,380 times
So sorry for the loss of your dearest life partner. Sounds like you had what many of us wish we could have had. I wish there was something I could say or do to make things better. I do believe the world needs you.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:55 AM

9,130 posts, read 3,948,162 times
Jontwin - how are you doing? Many of us have gone through the same thing, losing a spouse who was also a best friend. It is hard and painful to deal with. But it will get better. Yes, it will be awful that first year especially at Thanksgiving, Christmas and all the other little holidays that constantly remind us of our loss. It will take time, there is no right way or length of time to grieve.

My husband died 6 years ago next month. It has taken awhile but the wound has healed. Please keep in touch on here so we can help you through this as much as possible.

Hugs to you.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:15 AM

255 posts, read 197,472 times
I am so very sorry you are going through this. I lost my sweet husband last August so almost a year. Yes, each day is a little better but I've had days even recently where I am a complete mess. We have 2 daughters 29 and 15. it is so hard on them. I'm so sorry.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:48 PM

369 posts, read 177,897 times
I am so sorry for your loss! My best friend's husband was killed in an automobile accident. They had been together for 35 years. Her whole world fell apart, so I can understand how you must feel. I wish I could help you feel better. There are a lot of good people on this forum. Talk to them. They can help you through this.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:19 PM

3,967 posts, read 5,257,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontwin4 View Post
Thank you both for responding. Just to have someone listen, just hear my pain, helps.
Jontwin, I know the pain is overwhelming to you, and you may not feel that you want to write on this forum any more. That's OK. You can tell from this forum that there are many of us who have lost our beloved spouses. It used to help me to remember that I actually knew quite a few older women at church who were widows and were leading enjoyable and useful lives. So it helped me to believe that somehow I would get there, too. Now I am 19 months from my loss, and I can't say that I have arrived at a new life. But I feel that parts of me are gradually emerging. We don't get over our losses, but we get through them, and unbelievably, life does continue. I hope that you know that there are many who are thinking of you, though we have never met you. Remember that out of our brokenness comes blessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or